Help planning honeymoon

We are trying to plan our honeymoon for next April. We are getting married in SW Florida and want to cruise out of there too. Between Celebrity Equinox out of Miami 8 night to st. Thomas, St. Martin, Punta Cana, San Juan, Nassau and the RCL Oasis out of Port Canaveral 7 Night to Cozumel, Falmouth and Laberde. We have never been on an RCL mega-ship, or any celebrity. Price is so close not a swaying factor.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We much prefer the eastern Caribbean islands on the Celebrity option. Plus I have always wanted to try the Celebrity Solstice class ships.

Thanks, what is special or different about solstice class as opposed to oasis class

I prefer the Eastern Caribbean islands over the Western Caribbean, and since the cruise is longer and visits more ports, I would definitely recommend the 8 night Celebrity cruise. San Juan will offer an amazing latin evening, a good dinner opportunity, St.Thomas and St.Maarten offer exquisite beaches, Punta Cana will offer resort day passes to some of the Caribbean's best properties, and Nassau is a good last chance to get any souvenirs for people, or just relax on the ship. Celebrity offers a more elegant experience overall.

For honeymooning I'd take Celebrity over Royal. It just has a bit more of a romantic feel and they have the AMAZING Riedel wine tasting course - which is totally worth the money when you factor in receiving a set of tasting glasses. While you won't have the mega ship experience, I agree with those above about the Celebrity itinerary being better.

Been on both and for a HM I would do the Celebrity. We love the Oasis, but as mentioned it's not as "romantic" (whatever that means for a cruise ship) as the Oasis. Plus I like the Celebrity ports a little better if it's just the two of you.

I did my honeymoon on Celebrity. Its a lot more romantic, better service and food. Although I went big with a 15 night panama canal cruise for our honeymoon. Royal Caribbean has a lot going on on the Oasis class. On your honeymoon, it should be about spending time together and Celebrity allows that much more than Oasis.

It depends on what you prefer. Celebrity will be quieter, more romantic, and an older crowd (but also less kids). Oasis has more passengers (although you won't really feel it), there will be more families but also more people your age, and the ship itself is a destination. I definitely prefer the Celebrity itinerary, so the deciding factor would be what you plan on doing on the ship. If you enjoy livelier night life, hanging out with people your age, and experiencing the ship go with Royal. If you want quiet, romantic, etc then go Celebrity. You can't really go wrong with either. Once nice thing about Celebrity is they're including drink packages with many of their staterooms and the "Go Best" package is really a great deal with paid gratuities, OBC, wifi, and upgraded drink package.

• 3 weeks later...
We are trying to plan our honeymoon for next April. We are getting married in SW Florida and want to cruise out of there too. Between Celebrity Equinox out of Miami 8 night to st. Thomas, St. Martin, Punta Cana, San Juan, Nassau and the RCL Oasis out of Port Canaveral 7 Night to Cozumel, Falmouth and Laberde. We have never been on an RCL mega-ship, or any celebrity. Price is so close not a swaying factor.

We've sailed on both ships. The oasis is a fantastic megaship and you will find many more children on it, but also a slew more of activities. There's an ice-skating rink, a wonderful diving amphitheater with shows, Great entertainment, a lovely Central Park area with sidewalk cafés etc. etc. etc. More suited to those who like lots of activities. The equinox is more sophisticated, With a fewer activities, fewer children, and a more upscale look. Can't miss on either---depends on personal preferences.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We didn't our honeymoon on the Oasis cruise you're considering - 5 years ago this coming December 🙂. It really depends on what you're looking for as a couple and as individuals. We found Oasis had plenty of opportunities for romance, we did a specialty restaurant dining package and we also rented a cabana at Labadee. In Cozumel we did a tour to the local Mayan ruins and then the afternoon at Playa Mia beach park. Falmouth we did Dunns River Falls. My husband is very active and has difficulty sitting still, so Oasis was a good choice for us as he could use the flowrider, mini golf etc. I think on Celebrity he would not have had enough to do.