MDR Dinner Menu's on your cabin TV

LOVEMYMO

NCL - suggestion for you. It would be so wonderful if you were able to post the menu's for the MDR's on the TV each day. We usually check out what is being served before we make the decision to eat at one of the specialty restaurants or not. As it stands now, we have to physically go to both of the MDR's during one point of the day to see what is being served that evening. It would just make it a whole lot easier if it was on the TV IMHO.

Thanks for listening and possibly considering.

NCL - suggestion for you. It would be so wonderful if you were able to post the menu's for the MDR's on the TV each day. We usually check out what is being served before we make the decision to eat at one of the specialty restaurants or not. As it stands now, we have to physically go to both of the MDR's during one point of the day to see what is being served that evening. It would just make it a whole lot easier if it was on the TV IMHO.

Hi, I agree. Shortly after each meal, the next meal's menu is posted outside the DR. Both menu's are the same for each DR. Maybe you could walk around a few minutes while you are in that area and check out the dinner menu. We do that many times, helps us decide, when and where to dine.

Enjoy your cruise:)

Hi, I agree. Shortly after each meal, the next meal's menu is posted outside the DR. Both menu's are the same for each DR. Maybe you could walk around a few minutes while you are in that area and check out the dinner menu. We do that many times, helps us decide, when and where to dine.

Enjoy your cruise:)

Thanks - but that is exactly what we are doing now and would prefer not to have to walk around deciding. BTW, the menu's are similar but not exactly the same. Would love to be able to turn on the TV and just see what is being served that day :)

Is this for a specific ship because they are posted on the iconcierge app for Breakaway? I cannot remember if I looked on the tv in the room because we had UDP so didn't need to look for menus. I was kind of annoyed that the tv listing didn't know my dining or entertainment reservations. Glad I brought along my printed copy from my edocs.

Great idea, but I'm betting it will never happen. They might lose income from that little item you grab as you pass the gift shop, or the drink you order as you walk around to the different dining venues.

I honestly don't think that they would lose a dime if the menu's were posted on the TV's. I am hoping someone from NCL reads this and seriously considers implementing it. We have also had to go to the restaurant reservation desk (over by guest services) to request to look at the MDR menu's as they were not posted yet outside the entry doors of the dining rooms.

Is this for a specific ship because they are posted on the iconcierge app for Breakaway? I cannot remember if I looked on the tv in the room because we had UDP so didn't need to look for menus. I was kind of annoyed that the tv listing didn't know my dining or entertainment reservations. Glad I brought along my printed copy from my edocs.

I didn't have access to the app when I was on the Breakaway. They did have a lot on the TV however - specialty restaurants and what not. But not the MDR's. And yes - this is specifically for the older ships - the ones prior to the Breakway/Getaway/Escape, etc.

They were on the TV on our cruise on the Breakaway in October. They had the menu for the entire week so it made it easier to decide when to eat at the specialty restaurants if there was nothing that appealed to us on a particular day.

They were on the TV on our cruise on the Breakaway in October. They had the menu for the entire week so it made it easier to decide when to eat at the specialty restaurants if there was nothing that appealed to us on a particular day.

That is great news!! We were on her in May, and the MDR menu's were not on the TV.

I am really hoping that they add this feature to all ships...the sooner the better. :)

This is my biggest suggestion when I do the survey after every cruise...maybe they are starting to listen. Now if they would roll it out fleetwide! Seems to me it would be easy enough to do, there is a whole channel that "sells" us on the specialty restaurants, just add the MDRs to that channel.

Maybe with some of the "at sea" refurbishments they are currently doing on the NCL Gem, they might have thought to put the menu's for the MDR on the TV...They certainly able to incorporate all the "pay restaurants" and sell them, why not add the menus to the regular MDR? Why not, because they do not add much revenue to the ship, other than, perhaps wine or a cocktail at dinner.... That's why they probably will not do it for a long while, except newer ship. Time will tell

This is a great innovation, and I hope it extends to the entire fleet (both tvs and the iconcierge app). Does any other cruise line currently put their MDR menus on cabin televisions?

Carnival (Breeze) had MDR menus on TVs, although I never checked them I only know because the guy at the table next to us in the MDR one evening did nothing but whine about an item he saw on the TV menu that was not actually offered in the dining room, as well as complain about everything else, and demanded to be comp'd a meal at the steakhouse! :rolleyes: I don't know the end result, we had heard enough, ate as quickly as we could, and got outta there.

Edited by Freckles_51