Azura - New Improved Embarkation Process

FAB1

I really don't see why they have had to change the procedure. Seemed to work better before.

And as for saying passengers wanted their cabins ready when they embark, I find that hard to believe. Who wants to get on board then go and sit in their cabin ? I would have thought most like to get a bite to eat and sit in the public areas or open deck with a nice drink 😉

With Princess the cabins are ready whenever you board regardless of status, it seems to me P&O have a lot of issues with timings.

Its nice to be shown to your cabin, drop off your hand luggage and to go explore.

Have been reading on facebook that boarding Britannia today has been chaos with check in not opening until 1 pm. Doesn't bode well for my Ventura cruise in 2 weeks:(

Now this confuses me. Why is it chaos? Is it because 100's have decided to turn up at 1pm regardless of their time slot and that's caused the problem, or is it all of a sudden P & O can't cope with an embarkation process?

Be interesting to hear...

Does anyone know if Ventura will be doing this as well? Myself and friends have booked 6 cabins for a special occasion and have all been given different times to embark. Trains have been booked and we were all going to meet up and board together.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anyone know if Ventura will be doing this as well? Myself and friends have booked 6 cabins for a special occasion and have all been given different times to embark. Trains have been booked and we were all going to meet up and board together.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sensible answer is that you all meet up and go as a group at the latest boarding time. Then all cabins will be ready and you board together.

Ofcourse you could try boarding at the earliest time as a group, but then some of you may be held back.

Or pick a middle time so a bit late for the early time, and a bit early for the later time, and see how you get on.

Wethrspoons could be a bit busy today.....embarkation on Ventura has been delayed by 3 hours due to suspected man overboard.

I predict lots of unhappy passengers in Southampton today.

Well I hope that there will be respect and understanding for the family of the man who is missing:(

Yes all ships. Apparently Arcadia embarkation from Mayflower was chaotic today and not because of the tragic event on Ventura.:(

Ok thank you. More time to get it right then before I go on 30th, but I won't hold my breath 😕

I have read about both unfortunately. Britannia didn't start boarding until 1 pm at the Ocean terminal.:(

Thanks Trish. We are going from Mayflower arriving by coach so should be boarded more or less straight away. Just hoping they don't make us wait on the coach too long as I don't travel too well on a coach 😢 Don't seem to have too much trouble on a ship though 😁

Sue

Thanks Trish. We are going from Mayflower arriving by coach so should be boarded more or less straight away. Just hoping they don't make us wait on the coach too long as I don't travel too well on a coach 😢 Don't seem to have too much trouble on a ship though 😁

Sue

You will be fine. I have read that coach passengers will get on as soon as they arrive.:)

Ooh thats good. They are picking us up from Bournemouth Airport at 10.30 am so should be at Mayflower well before midday 😉

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They aren't starting check in until later Dorset Boy. Didn't realise some coaches arrived as early as yours, so don't know what will happen to you. I was assuming that most coaches arrived in the afternoon.

They aren't starting check in until later Dorset Boy. Didn't realise some coaches arrived as early as yours, so don't know what will happen to you. I was assuming that most coaches arrived in the afternoon.

It will be interesting to know what happens, I wonder if everyone booked on the coach will have the same boarding time? I've come to the conclusion through what I've read and talking to friends that they board according to cabin position, so I think mid-ship get a 1.30 check in - might be wrong though! I suppose this would make sense if they are cleaning the cabins in teams as they would work through sections. I do like the idea of the cabin bring ready when you board, but quite how they manage the logistics of this for coaches with people in all different types of cabins I have no idea. I do actually feel a bit sorry for P&O it is a logistical nightmare.

It will be interesting to know what happens, I wonder if everyone booked on the coach will have the same boarding time? I've come to the conclusion through what I've read and talking to friends that they board according to cabin position, so I think mid-ship get a 1.30 check in - might be wrong though! I suppose this would make sense if they are cleaning the cabins in teams as they would work through sections. I do like the idea of the cabin bring ready when you board, but quite how they manage the logistics of this for coaches with people in all different types of cabins I have no idea. I do actually feel a bit sorry for P&O it is a logistical nightmare.

Never thought of that Florry. Maybe that is why we have 3.30 as we are one of the aft cabins on Ventura.

It has already been posted somewhere that if you are on a coach your boarding time will be as soon as it arrives at the terminal, regardless of what peoples e tickets say. So unless there is a back log of coaches -which there shouldn't be (I wonder how they manage to arrive there or there abouts at a given time, and car drivers can't-national express work to a timetable), your coach arrives you check in and board. How easy is that.

Except all the people who don't want this cunning plan to work, so still turn up when they like may be milling around and filling up the terminal until their time arrives.