Azura - New Improved Embarkation Process

FAB1

City cruise terminal has it the right way around, check-in, security, waiting area and boarding.

Erm, City Cruise Terminal (101) is in fact Security, Check-In, waiting area then boarding. Unless it's change around within the last few months:)

City terminal is actually security first, then check in, then boarding, only ever used the waiting area once when Eclipse was being deep cleaned.

Mind you Celebrity also allow you to wait until 11:00pm before you need to put out cases for disembarkation, dock around 5:30-6:00am and still manage to have all luggage ready for collection by 7:00am.

Maybe P&O should consider employing some ex celebrity staff, or better still persuade Carnival to sell them to RCCL.

I can assure you my cruise in June on the Anthem of the seas was check-in, security, waiting area and boarding. They use iPads to do the minimal check-in as we did most of it including the pictures and on-board account from home on the personliser. Its more a health questionnaire and picture check than a check-in.

It was a joy to get on :D

I can assure you my cruise in June on the Anthem of the seas was check-in, security, waiting area and boarding. They use iPads to do the minimal check-in as we did most of it including the pictures and on-board account from home on the personliser. Its more a health questionnaire and picture check than a check-in.

I cannot understand how the Celebrity procedure at City terminal is different to RCI, the layout of the terminal is fixed and security is the first part you come to after queuing through the barriers, unless you consider the minor check of docs and name as you approach the entrance as check in?

Do you not have your photo taken and receive your cruise cards from the check in personnel after you have gone through security?

I cannot understand how the Celebrity procedure at City terminal is different to RCI, the layout of the terminal is fixed and security is the first part you come to after queuing through the barriers, unless you consider the minor check of docs and name as you approach the entrance as check in?

Do you not have your photo taken and receive your cruise cards from the check in personnel after you have gone through security?

I am due to sail on RCI's Anthem of the Seas later this month.

I have already completed my check in online, including uploading my own security photo & credit card details.

As I understand it our cruise cards will be outside our room once we board, hence why the whole boarding process is (or should I say from what I am reading) is a lot quicker & smoother with RCI.

Edited by Big Foot

I am due to sail on RCI's Anthem of the Seas later this month.

I have already completed my check in online, including uploading my own security photo & credit card details.

As I understand it our cruise cards will be outside our room once we board, hence why the whole boarding process is (or should I say from what I am reading) is a lot quicker & smoother with RCI.

Yep also sailing on anthem this month and am considering cancelling my p&o cruise for February. .just not feeling it 😕

Do you know, as long as I am onboard with a glass in hand by the time that ship sails away, I am very happy and really do not care what time I board. :)

Oh what a breath of fresh air!

I am certainly not going to let a couple of hours determine either which cruise line I use, nor which deck of a ship I book my cabin on!

The only reason this new system won't work is because some passengers will ignore the new system and ***** it up before it starts.

Ohhh! I seeee!! This must be the new computer system I've heard about. Rumour has it it cost a LOT of money to be able to provide that type of check-in.

Cool!!

Mysticalmother - you and I have shared the same wavelength on several topics. Hope we meet up one day on a cruise. :)

They really should have a "like" button on this forum!

I hope we do too......I'll share a bottle with you anytime .......red or white? Lol

Edited by Mysticalmother

They really should have a "like" button on this forum!

I hope we do too......I'll share a bottle with you anytime .......red or white? Lol

Let's hope they never have a dislike button, I dread to think what would happen on the bun-fight threads ;)

I am certainly not going to let a couple of hours determine either which cruise line I use, nor which deck of a ship I book my cabin on!

The only reason this new system won't work is because some passengers will ignore the new system and ***** it up before it starts.

Hallelujah, someone on my wavelength. I cannot believe people would cancel or change their cruise because they may not get onboard until an hour or so after they requested/prefer. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say, there must be more to the P & O product that they dont like and the checking in thing has just added to it. I dread to think what they would find onboard to whinge about if that's a make or break for them. i think I would prefer them to change their plans as I don't want to share my cruise experience with such moaners.

I also it funny with the threats. I won't be cruising with them again...Blah blah blah. Course you won't...You will because you like their prices...

I know there's change on the way with boarding but I can honestly say I've never found it a problem and I fully believe if people adhere to the changes all will be fine. Teething problems, definitely, but noone will be the slightest bit concerned if you jump ship because you can't get on at 12 noon, as opposed to your allocated time of 2/3/4pm...

Oh mm so true..

plus I agree with the drink in hand.

plus I agree with the drink in hand.

Mysticalmother has upped the stakes here though, the english lady. She is talking about bottles not glasses now.....

Red preferably, mysticalmother. I get heartburn with white these days :(

Do you know, as long as I am onboard with a glass in hand by the time that ship sails away, I am very happy and really do not care what time I board. :)

Well said - all this turning up at 11am to get on a ship which is being readied for the next lot of passengers. Why is turning up at the given time so difficult. We usually join a ship in Southampton after 2pm and usually get on with no queues or problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Scriv ....with LauraKdy, The English Lady (nice to have met you on Arcadia), Florry, Dorset cruiser, Wilson2579....we may need more than one bottle....lol

(And red for me too....)

We'd love to meet you all too one day ---- preferably as soon as possible on the ship though . xxxx :):D:D:D

Had to laugh posting this - happy cruises to all of you xx

Scriv ....with LauraKdy, The English Lady (nice to have met you on Arcadia), Florry, Dorset cruiser, Wilson2579....we may need more than one bottle....lol

(And red for me too....)

Oh goody I am white so I get bottles all to myself. Yes it was nice meeting you MM. Just wish the meeting had not been taken over by the other lady, who could have got her point across in the first 5 mins.

Back on Aurora, be good to see her after the refit.

We really musty stop cruising.....it is a very very bad habit, regardless of what time I get on board.

Yes the minor scan of the passport is done by staff in the lobby, they are standing up and a lady at the front door pointed us to a free one. The photo is already taken, the on-board account is already set up, no need to hand out sea passes as they are waiting outside the cabin with the wow bands on the bed. We literally didn't sit down from getting through the front door to being on the ship. Its that organised.

Ohhh! I seeee!! This must be the new computer system I've heard about. Rumour has it it cost a LOT of money to be able to provide that type of check-in.

Cool!!

I would suggest the rumour is false.

I work in IT and all they are doing is getting the passenger to do the check in before boarding with a cross reference when you get to the port. Its not a big thing to check a picture on an iPad and scan a passport, 2 minutes tops.

Its just an evolution from printing your own boarding pass.

Its the future.

Edited by CCFC

Yes the minor scan of the passport is done by staff in the lobby, they are standing up and a lady at the front door pointed us to a free one. The photo is already taken, the on-board account is already set up, no need to hand out sea passes as they are waiting outside the cabin with the wow bands on the bed. We literally didn't sit down from getting through the front door to being on the ship. Its that organised.

I would suggest the rumour is false.

I work in IT and all they are doing is getting the passenger to do the check in before boarding with a cross reference when you get to the port. Its not a big thing to check a picture on an iPad and scan a passport, 2 minutes tops.

Its just an evolution from printing your own boarding pass.

Its the future.

Sounds good. It makes you wonder why Carnival haven't gone for the same system.

mystical mother et al - agreed re more bottles of wine (red and white ) needed now the group is getting larger - and canapes.

Have a suggestion to make - if we have to wait to embark, we could start our meeting in the terminal lounge? ;)

PS Sorry to lighten up the thread. Hope no one is offended.

Edited by Scriv

Oh goody I am white so I get bottles all to myself. Yes it was nice meeting you MM. Just wish the meeting had not been taken over by the other lady, who could have got her point across in the first 5 mins.

Back on Aurora, be good to see her after the refit.

We really musty stop cruising.....it is a very very bad habit, regardless of what time I get on board.

It's my favourite bad habit and I don't care what time I get on boards so long as it's before the ship sails. Living in the Midlands we have to use the motorways to get to Southampton so we usually stay the night before in the Southampton area to avoid potential traffic problems causing us to be late for the ship. I am sure we can amuse ourselves somehow until our boarding time. We did cruise this summer with Celebrity and I have to say that I was impressed with how efficient their boarding was but this is not a reason for me to switch lines.

We are sailing on Azura on the 30th. We have had our e-Tickets for a couple of weeks now but have still not been notified of an embarkation time (it is not on the ticket). We have a taxi transfer booked to get us to the terminal.

Now I am wondering - do I print off the time-less tickets and turn up at the terminal 'whenever' and see what time we are allocated? Or do I ring P&O and ask them to please allocate a time, which may mean having to book another taxi (as the company we have booked has another job booked for later in the day)?

We booked the transfer prior to the announcement about the introduction of allocated boarding times.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Diane