Azura - New Improved Embarkation Process

FAB1

Oh goody I am white so I get bottles all to myself. Yes it was nice meeting you MM. Just wish the meeting had not been taken over by the other lady, who could have got her point across in the first 5 mins.

Back on Aurora, be good to see her after the refit.

We really musty stop cruising.....it is a very very bad habit, regardless of what time I get on board.

Not so fast I drink white too so you would need to share a bottle or we have more than one bottle, haha:cool:

mystical mother et al - agreed re more bottles of wine (red and white ) needed now the group is getting larger - and canapes.

Have a suggestion to make - if we have to wait to embark, we could start our meeting in the terminal lounge? ;)

PS Sorry to lighten up the thread. Hope no one is offended.

Not at all Scriv. I would be more than happy to meet in the terminal. Would pass the time nicely:)

We are sailing on Azura on the 30th. We have had our e-Tickets for a couple of weeks now but have still not been notified of an embarkation time (it is not on the ticket). We have a taxi transfer booked to get us to the terminal.

Now I am wondering - do I print off the time-less tickets and turn up at the terminal 'whenever' and see what time we are allocated? Or do I ring P&O and ask them to please allocate a time, which may mean having to book another taxi (as the company we have booked has another job booked for later in the day)?

We booked the transfer prior to the announcement about the introduction of allocated boarding times.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Diane

I would go early with the e ticket without the time.:cool:

Personally, I would keep your arrangements as they are - the worst that can happen to you is that you may have to sit around in the Terminal for longer.

They are not turning people away.

I would go early with the e ticket without the time.:cool:

Thank you both, this is also what my husband thinks ;)

Diane

I was thinking about embarkation, I know it would be too problematic, but it would be great if you could drop your car and luggage off, then get a P&O shuttle to Southampton until your boarding time.

Good idea. If it was the Ocean terminal I would just walk to wetherspoons for a light lunch and maybe a glass of wine:rolleyes:

Which Wetherspoons would that be?

I would guess its The Standing Order (was a bank, hence the name) in the High street, top place for food and drink, we always go there when sailing from Southampton. Cheap as chips :D

Me too Presto. Wonder how the embarkation went on Azura today;);)

To be honest I'd prefer to be there now or even sitting in the embarkation area waiting for my cruise than sitting here getting ready for work ;-)

Just back from Oriana and we noticed that the checkin at Mayflower was different. Before we always had lined up in a queue and were then sent to the desks. this time we went upstairs and were given a card with a letter. We then sat down and waited to be called by letter. I think the whole process took about 15 minutes. Photos were taken at the desk, on board in less than half an hour. We arrived at 1.15

To be honest I'd prefer to be there now or even sitting in the embarkation area waiting for my cruise than sitting here getting ready for work ;-)

That's the thing, I don't mind waiting in the embarkation area at all. I rarely get to sit, drink coffee, read the paper, chat to those around me about cruising. I'm quite happy waiting for my time, once the car is sorted and cases dropped off. I often find that the anticipation of the holiday is as good as the holiday itself, sounds crazy but it's what keeps me going through the stress of work. That first half day on board is the best for me (except the muster part). I love the sail-away, we lost a dear family member a few years back and his ashes were scattered on Weston-Shore so we raise a glass to him as we pass. Opening the cabin door for the first time, checking out the balcony if we have one, all the little things I spend months dreaming of.

I would guess its The Standing Order (was a bank, hence the name) in the High street, top place for food and drink, we always go there when sailing from Southampton. Cheap as chips :D

No it is the one before the turning into the Ocean Village. Very handy for Ocean terminal.:cool:

Thanks, if i get a late boarding time I will drop the case at the terminal and wander along to the pub for a couple of beers. Wetherspoons will be getting the profit rather than P&O but who cares and who has the better beer :D

Been thinking about this and I don't think it will be as bad as at an airport if you have to wait around before you board as remember you will have handed in your luggage, so will be unencumbered......

Living where we do, we often see and hear reports of heavy congestion at and around the port when several ships are in and the ships are getting bigger and bigger, so it is a problem.

I think that the idea of a shuttle, airport style, from the terminals to West Quay or to the station is a great idea. Has that ever been seriously considered, I wonder? It could just be a little minibus affair doing a circuit?

Edited by Scriv

I was thinking about embarkation, I know it would be too problematic, but it would be great if you could drop your car and luggage off, then get a P&O shuttle to Southampton until your boarding time.

Oh an airport style shuttle would be fab!

Edited by Florry