TA cruise - use of pool

wongcruise

Try pool and hot tubs at Lotus Spa, sometimes they are warmer and less crowded, plus sheltered from wind. Some pools had swim against the current also. I am speaking from past experience, but realize with all the dry dock changes and new builds that things may have changed. Certainly the Retreat Pool on Regal (Dec 2016) is not less windy or less crowded.

Try pool and hot tubs at Lotus Spa, sometimes they are warmer and less crowded, plus sheltered from wind. Some pools had swim against the current also. I am speaking from past experience, but realize with all the dry dock changes and new builds that things may have changed. Certainly the Retreat Pool on Regal (Dec 2016) is not less windy or less crowded.

There is no public pool or hot tubs in the Lotus Spa on Royal/Regal, which is deck 5 unlike other classes of ship. There is the Enclave, which is a pay-to-play venue with hydro pool, sauna and steam rooms, tile loungers, etc, but no public Lotus Spa pool like the other class of ships...so, unless OP buys an Enclave pass, no indoor or warm/less windy pool areas.

We will be on the Royal in April for the TA cruise. Since the pools are outdoor, will it be too cool for swimming?

From my experience the first one or two days out of Ft. Lauderdale will probably be warm enough to sit around the pool in bathing wear as you would on a Caribbean cruise. After that it will most likely be cool, with more people inside than outside. There are some that sit on the open decks, but usually in a sweater or sweatshirt. There will also be some that swim every day. The Retreat Pool will most likely be windy. The Lido (Fountain) Pool most likely will be more sheltered.

There is no Lotus Spa Pool as described by GloriaF on the Royal. There is a Thermal Suite called The Enclave on deck 5. There is a charge for the voyage and a limit on the number they sign up.

I am able to swim the first two days but as sknight said, after that it gets very cool in the pool. And if the seas get rough, you don't want to be tossed around in the pool. I wear my wetsuit after day three, that is if it is smooth.

I am able to swim the first two days but as sknight said, after that it gets very cool in the pool. And if the seas get rough, you don't want to be tossed around in the pool. I wear my wetsuit after day three, that is if it is smooth.

Wow I never thought of wearing a wetsuit in the pool. I think I will take one no my next cruise. Thanks.

Tony