Who would like a coffee pot in the room?

FSHLOT

I know I would love it. Nothing like waking up to a nice cup of coffee without leaving the cabin rite away. Just a little conversation thread...:D

Yeah I know you can get it delivered to the room, but I like making my own at any time.

Sorry but no thanks. I understand where you are coming from but sure as heck someone will walk out, leave the pot on, and possibly start fire. It happens in peoples homes and I sure would not want to be on the ship should it happen there. The same reason they don't allow personal items with heating elements to be brought aboard.

I'm sure a lot of coffee drinkers would love it. It would be nice to bring my own Lavazza espresso grind and use my Fun Shop bottled water to make a tasty cup in my cabin. Carnival's coffee has always been so bad. I know they'd lose coffee shop revenue, but they could sell set-up packages pre-cruise from Fun Shop to make up the difference. Set-up package options could be sugar, real creamers, fake flavored creamers, individual flavored syrups, and even Kahlua and Irish Cream individual bottles. A Carnival thermal or coffee cup would also be a nice addition. That would be a fun vacation treat for coffee lovers; being able to buy a coffee bundle to enjoy in the cabin with my own ground coffee. Yes, I would enjoy having a coffee maker in my cabin, and being able to buy a coffee bundle pre-cruise from Fun Shop would make it even better.

Sorry but no thanks. I understand where you are coming from but sure as heck someone will walk out, leave the pot on, and possibly start fire. It happens in peoples homes and I sure would not want to be on the ship should it happen there. The same reason they don't allow personal items with heating elements to be brought aboard.

The pots that I've seen used on ship are similar to what is used in hotels, they automatically turn off.

OP, I can take it or leave it (if the cabin doesn't have one then I'll order from room service or go to Lido for my fix, the latter having the benefit of not disturbing DW's sleep).

Coffee pots that brew individual cups of coffee straight into a cup without a burner are an option. Most of those turn themselves off after brewing.

I know it will never happen with the safety concerns, I just think it would be cool.

I know I would love it. Nothing like waking up to a nice cup of coffee without leaving the cabin rite away. Just a little conversation thread...:D

Yeah I know you can get it delivered to the room, but I like making my own at any time.

Other cruise lines have them. We had coffee maker on NCL Epic out of Barcelona and nearly all ships sailing out of the UK have a kettle and tea and coffee making facilities in the stateroom.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is it just me, or do hotel coffee makers gross anyone else out too? Granted, I'm one of those people who can't think too hard about certain 'hidden' germs or unsanitary practices or I'd probably never leave my house!

That said, the post that suggested selling setups with different creamers, etc is genius.

Check Mr. Coffee from the 80's for how well the "auto-off" function works (they almost went bankrupt from house fire lawsuits), and why UL has warnings on heating appliances to unplug when not in use. Even without a hotplate, there is a heating element that can overheat the plastic water tank if the auto-off fails when there is no water present. The coffee makers provided by the cruise lines have to be regularly inspected and tested. We had one go up in flames while being tested in the electrician's shop on NCL.

Check Mr. Coffee from the 80's for how well the "auto-off" function works (they almost went bankrupt from house fire lawsuits), and why UL has warnings on heating appliances to unplug when not in use. Even without a hotplate, there is a heating element that can overheat the plastic water tank if the auto-off fails when there is no water present. The coffee makers provided by the cruise lines have to be regularly inspected and tested. We had one go up in flames while being tested in the electrician's shop on NCL.

Anything designed by man can and will malfunction but the main reason CCL doesn't provide coffee makers is cost (just as a SWAG).

Many cruise lines provide them in suites already.

Had the single serve coffee makers on NCL Escape; it was a nice feature to have in the room.

As to theft; theft of what? No one is taking one of those dinky single serve machines that uses specialized coffee pods/filter bags. Is someone going to steal the extra sugar packet?

Is it just me, or do hotel coffee makers gross anyone else out too? Granted, I'm one of those people who can't think too hard about certain 'hidden' germs or unsanitary practices or I'd probably never leave my house!

That said, the post that suggested selling setups with different creamers, etc is genius.

I with you on that. I never even think about using a coffee maker in a hotel room. Who knows whats been in it or how well its been cleaned. Nope.

Many cruise lines provide them in suites already.

Had the single serve coffee makers on NCL Escape; it was a nice feature to have in the room.

As to theft; theft of what? No one is taking one of those dinky single serve machines that uses specialized coffee pods/filter bags. Is someone going to steal the extra sugar packet?

I suppose with if Keurig machines were used people could steal the pods, but they are meant to be consumed so does it really matter if they are consumed in the cabin or at home (and the same could be said of the filter bags too I suppose)?

I suppose with if Keurig machines were used people could steal the pods, but they are meant to be consumed so does it really matter if they are consumed in the cabin or at home (and the same could be said of the filter bags too I suppose)?

The ones I have had in hotels have had specially sized filter bags that fit the maker. Like these filter pods. I can't imagine why anyone would take these for use with a different maker. cuisinart-stainless-2-cup-coffeemaker-brew-package.jpg

==

Your entire post matches my thoughts exactly. The only additional comment would be regarding the coffee pot (no matter how small) using up valuable counter space and electrical outlets.

The ones I have had in hotels have had specially sized filter bags that fit the maker. Like these filter pods. I can't imagine why anyone would take these for use with a different maker. cuisinart-stainless-2-cup-coffeemaker-brew-package.jpg

Those are similar to what I have see. Throw enough of them in a regular sized coffee maker basket and you can make a pot. Again, don't see what the big deal is either way, if the passenger uses them in the cabin they are still gone.