Go ahead, flame away!!!

pungo3

I have been a very loyal customer and have overlooked the decline in food/service over the years because I felt I was still getting good value for my money. I overlooked Carnival ruining my luggage on my Dec. Dream cruise and being told they would only consider paying for a repair (even though the repair man told me there was no way to repair it), I overlooked when my oceanview cabin on the Sensation had the window boarded up for the duration of the cruise with no offer of compensation of the difference between an oceanview rate and inside rate, I've overlooked cabins with constant construction noise and my request to be moved denied, I've overlooked the free cruises going to many others to others but never having anything like that offered to me, I've overlooked my Platinum status being downgraded, but they have finally pushed me over the edge. I booked in June on a special rate which gave $200 OBC for my 7/26/14 cruise on the Freedom. Today I called to find out why the credit isn't showing on my cruise documents. They insist that is not the rate I booked, even though I know for a fact that is the rate I chose. They have website problems (admitted by the tech I talked to), but they won't fix my problem. $200 obc is not a huge thing, but combined with all the other aggravation I've dealt with over the last 2 years, I have had it. I have always been positive on all my cruises and have never let little things ruin my cruise. Carnival supervisors are totally unwilling to admit their website has problems and will not give me any type of compensation for their problem. This may sound petty to a lot of you, but I'm just not willing to keep allowing Carnival to get away with their poor customer service any longer. So, you won't see me posting here anymore, and you won't see me booking anymore Carnival cruises. The aggravation has now outweighed the enjoyment of the cruise. Goodbye to Carnival. Let the flaming begin.

Did the obc appear on any of your cruise documents? If so dont see how they can away with denying this.

If I had all these problems think I would say sayonara to CCL also.

Best of luck on your future vacations.

I have been a very loyal customer and have overlooked the decline in food/service over the years because I felt I was still getting good value for my money. I overlooked Carnival ruining my luggage on my Dec. Dream cruise and being told they would only consider paying for a repair (even though the repair man told me there was no way to repair it), I overlooked when my oceanview cabin on the Sensation had the window boarded up for the duration of the cruise with no offer of compensation of the difference between an oceanview rate and inside rate, I've overlooked cabins with constant construction noise and my request to be moved denied, I've overlooked the free cruises going to many others to others but never having anything like that offered to me, I've overlooked my Platinum status being downgraded, but they have finally pushed me over the edge. I booked in June on a special rate which gave $200 OBC for my 7/26/14 cruise on the Freedom. Today I called to find out why the credit isn't showing on my cruise documents. They insist that is not the rate I booked, even though I know for a fact that is the rate I chose. They have website problems (admitted by the tech I talked to), but they won't fix my problem. $200 obc is not a huge thing, but combined with all the other aggravation I've dealt with over the last 2 years, I have had it. I have always been positive on all my cruises and have never let little things ruin my cruise. Carnival supervisors are totally unwilling to admit their website has problems and will not give me any type of compensation for their problem. This may sound petty to a lot of you, but I'm just not willing to keep allowing Carnival to get away with their poor customer service any longer. So, you won't see me posting here anymore, and you won't see me booking anymore Carnival cruises. The aggravation has now outweighed the enjoyment of the cruise. Goodbye to Carnival. Let the flaming begin.

No flames necessary pungo3!!!!! I haven't experienced the things that you have with Carnival, but if I did experience them with any business providing a service to me, I would no longer patronage them as a consumer (my situations with American Airlines comes to mind). I'm sorry for your experience, and hate to see you go from off this thread:(, hopefully I'll see you on one of the other forum threads and other postings on here.

Edited by sjcruiser

Honestly, the boarded up ocean view cabin without credit would have sent me packing. It sounds like you have had some bad experiences. I don't see any reason to flame your post or your decision to quit Carnival. I hope you have better luck with another line.

Wow, you have certainly had more than your share of problems. In your shoes I'm not so sure I would have been so willing to "overlook", some of them.

Having an Oceanview window boarded up, effectively making the cabin, an inside, with no monetary adjustment, would have had me ranting, big time. I am claustrophobic, and could not endure a closed in cabin, in the first place.

Sorry to see you finally calling it quits, but understand completely. I would be doing the same thing. Unfortunately , we are such small potatos to the big beards. They won't even care. Whatever your next vacation, I hope you enjoy it completely.

No flames from me. I would be just as upset as you had these things happened to me. Also, as a previous poster said, "the boarded up window in OV room, without a price adjustment would have sent me packing" ditto on that. Sorry about the bad service. Hope you and Carnival can work something out.

No flaming here. You claimed poor customer service and were able to back it up with legitimate detailed descriptions, which is more than can be said for 99% of the posts here where people claim Carnival provided poor service and yet provided no details or a laughable description.

Edited by RD3P0

I am new to Carnival, and am sorry to hear the trouble you have had with them. If you check the boards for other lines, you will find that most long-time cruisers will say they have also declined in quality of food and service. But some of what you mentioned is inexcusable.

Unfortunately, I think short-term profits are more important to the current crop of management (cruise lines and elsewhere) than keeping longtime customers happy. I hope you can find a new line that is a good fit.

Honestly, the boarded up ocean view cabin without credit would have sent me packing. It sounds like you have had some bad experiences. I don't see any reason to flame your post or your decision to quit Carnival. I hope you have better luck with another line.

I wholeheartedly agree. A boarded up OV without compensation would have been the breaking point for me as well. That being said, you have been more than patient.

You had me at the boarded window in the oceanview room. Musta been broken or something. These sound like some messed up situations. Yup time to move on. That's why there are other options.

No flames from me either.:D:D:D

We have only been on 4 Carnival Cruises, and no other lines.

We have never had any issues, at all.

You have very valid complaints, and I don't blame you a bit.

Just curious though, did you have a confirmation, at ANY time, showing the $200 OBC? That maybe you printed?

I know ours didn't show up either, but they assured us it was there, and it was.

Sorry you are leaving, but whatever you choose in the future, I am sure it will be great!

Good Luck to you!

Another vote for the boarded up window! If that had been my first or fifth problem with them I would've called it quits right then.

For the first time since we started cruising we're considering other lines.

Best of luck!

No reason to flame, you stated very specific problems and sometimes somone just has a run of unfortuneate episodes, and I too vote for boarded up OV window. I am laid back easy to please and have enjoyed all my CCL cruises, but that would have had me giving someone a really hard time... and ultimately if not compensated that would have been it.