Cruise Critic Common Acronyms

RobinKY

And reallly, who cares? Just write what you want to say! Brother in law...Mom...kid...etc...

I use "hubby" and "the girl." On one trip report I did, a couple of years ago, somebody was complaining about calling my daughter "the girl." Somebody who met my daughter on a cruise posted that both my hubby and I would call her "the girl," as in "we'll check with the girl if she wants to see the show..." etc. and that this guy should just mind his own business.:rolleyes:

We come from Yorkshire in the UK and often refer to each other as t'other half !!!

A well known legal programme had the male lead refer to his wife as 'She who must be obeyed'

I had a colleague, in the same profession as said character, whose wife didn't drive and who he referred to as "She who must be conveyed".

We have always affectionately referred to our daughter as "the girl" and our son as "the boy". They, in turn, have always referred to us as "the parental units". :rolleyes:

Cannot believe someone took offense to your phrasing in your report, Cruisin' Chick!!!!

I was under the impression that the D in all those acronyms stood for Darling, not Dear. I guess there is really not that much of a difference.

I thought is meant Darn or DH something even worse or it does when DW calls me a DH

I use "hubby" and "the girl." On one trip report I did' date=' a couple of years ago, somebody was complaining about calling my daughter "the girl." Somebody who met my daughter on a cruise posted that both my hubby and I would call her "the girl," as in "we'll check with the girl if she wants to see the show..." etc. and that this guy should just mind his own business.:rolleyes:[/quote']

That's funny. My father calls me 'girl' and I'm 42!

• 2 weeks later...
We have always affectionately referred to our daughter as "the girl" and our son as "the boy". They, in turn, have always referred to us as "the parental units". :rolleyes:

Cannot believe someone took offense to your phrasing in your report, Cruisin' Chick!!!!

"Parental units" was typically shortened to "rents" by my offspring" --- the "gals" and the "lads".