Ultimate Drink Package on Norwegian

SURange

I know that you can order up to $11 drinks but what happens if it is more? Also, how do you know how much the drinks are before you order? Plus any added info would help. Thanks

Edited by SURange

I know that you can order up to $11 drinks but what happens if it is more? Also, how do you know how much the drinks are before you order? Plus any added info would help. Thanks

There aren't many that were more than $11.

I did not order anything over $11, but was told that if it was over you would only pay the difference. I know the Johnnie Walker Blue Label was $17.50, but that was the only scotch over $11.

They do have menus, so you can see the price, the bartender can also tell you the price before ringing it up.

In the MDR you can order wine by the bottle, if you have the UBP you save 20% on that price. But again, there are many other options by the glass that are under $11.

Edited by twokids0204

Wait, really? I thought most of the scotches were over $11 other than like Glenfiddich and Red label. Thank the Gods!

I had JW Gold, Black and JW Platinum Label last week - included.

Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich cask (18 yr I think) - included.

Literally every scotch they had except Blue Label was included.

They have drinks that go over 11 bucks. If you specify like Hendricks gin for a gin and tonic it does go over. I also asked about Johnny Walkder Blue and it was 16 bucks.

All the bars have a very detailed listing of all the drinks and liquors along with prices. Just ask. They had to go in back to get a couple of my Liquor requests but they can make anything drink wise most people could think of. Most mixed tropical drinks ran 8 to 9 bucks.

You will sign for your drinks on a reciept and anything over 11 bucks you just pay the difference. I thought that was fair. We added up all our reciepts and it was over 800 for the week on Pearl this month.

Don't judge me now, everyone needs a hobby....... :)

They have drinks that go over 11 bucks. If you specify like Hendricks gin for a gin and tonic it does go over. I also asked about Johnny Walkder Blue and it was 16 bucks.

All the bars have a very detailed listing of all the drinks and liquors along with prices. Just ask. They had to go in back to get a couple of my Liquor requests but they can make anything drink wise most people could think of. Most mixed tropical drinks ran 8 to 9 bucks.

You will sign for your drinks on a reciept and anything over 11 bucks you just pay the difference. I thought that was fair. We added up all our reciepts and it was over 800 for the week on Pearl this month.

Thanks for the information on the drinks package. Sounds like you got your moneys worth. :D

Did you have any favorite cocktails that you tried? Did you try any new drinks?

You must of had a great cruise. :)

$800 each? If not, then heck, we spend more than that buying the package, and we've always come out ahead. :D

Edited by LrgPizza

On my last few cruises (last in January) Hendricks always rang up the same cost as Tanqueray. Is this a new change?

The UBP being free is a heck of a good perk. Drinks are so expensive on cruises now it's crazy. I my self would spend $700 or more and most of my orders are beer which with 18% is around 6.75 domestic the mix drinks I like are always between $7 to $10 a drink. When purchasing this package I don't like the fact they make all adults buy it in your room . It's inconsistent with the rules when it's free only 2 in the room get it. My dw only drinks wine and maybe 4 glasses a day and maybe a beer or two with that.

The UBP being free is a heck of a good perk. Drinks are so expensive on cruises now it's crazy. I my self would spend $700 or more and most of my orders are beer which with 18% is around 6.75 domestic the mix drinks I like are always between $7 to $10 a drink. When purchasing this package I don't like the fact they make all adults buy it in your room . It's inconsistent with the rules when it's free only 2 in the room get it. My dw only drinks wine and maybe 4 glasses a day and maybe a beer or two with that.

I think they sat down and did the maths and worked out all those who got it for free and had another person in the room will probably all have a large tab for that "mysterious other hand " .. So we'll make up the difference when we sell the package as normal.

LrgPizza: We kept our receipts and added them up. 838 total. I had my inlaws there so I held back a bit. :)

Thatjoeguy: When I was researching the UBP prior tour cruise I was getting different info. Made it confusing. I kinda believe booze prices may reflect costs on each ship. We were on the Pearl 08/02. My choice of Gin is Bombay. Tanquray was the same price and they had a special in the gift shop on it for a 2fer (36 bucks?). Neither one cost more than 11 in a drink but Hendricks was the next step up in Premium and it added a couple bucks. It seemed some of the bartenders had a little discretion on charges. They also do hand pours on the premiums which was nice.

Dennich: I don't like the sweet drinks but I tried them anyway. Too sugary. My wife loved them. I like the Potato Vodkas but they only had Belvedere and Belvedere Cherry (that was in the back storage). I did like the Pyratt Rum XO Reserve (spelled?)on the rocks. Johnny Walker Blue was 16 bucks on the rocks as I asked. Never tried it though.

NoahtheRed: Gloves are off now, I will be on the back deck topside bar, Jade 04/02/16. Last one standing leaves the tip.

FYI I never noticed the bars being more busy with the UBP vs. in years past when they didn't have it. The attendants came around in the main areas but I usually slipped a buck under the receipt. Really had no complaints except the conflicting info on the UBP in the beginning.

LrgPizza: We kept our receipts and added them up. 838 total. I had my inlaws there so I held back a bit. :)

I know the feeling. Vacationed with my inlaws once. As we were handed our 5th beers of the day while lounging on the beach, my father in law said to the waiter, "You might as well roll out a whole damn keg!!" He wasn't impressed.

I know the feeling. Vacationed with my inlaws once. As we were handed our 5th beers of the day while lounging on the beach, my father in law said to the waiter, "You might as well roll out a whole damn keg!!" He wasn't impressed.

My in-laws were the opposite... often it was US having to drag them back to their cabin and put them to sleep... The man could put away scotch though....

I have read the terms of the UBP and it states that "select Lavazza coffee beverages" are excluded. Does this mean that some coffee beverages are included and what about specialty teas?

On Celebrity specialty coffees and teas were included in their package, so just trying to clarify on Norwegian, if any are part of the package

Thanks

I have read the terms of the UBP and it states that "select Lavazza coffee beverages" are excluded. Does this mean that some coffee beverages are included and what about specialty teas?

On Celebrity specialty coffees and teas were included in their package, so just trying to clarify on Norwegian, if any are part of the package

Thanks

There is always complimentary coffee and tea for all guests in the buffet areas.

Thanks

The only coffees included with the UBP are the same coffees included for all guests on the ship as part of standard cruise fare. Any specialty coffees, whether one has UBP or not, must be purchased.

I had JW Gold, Black and JW Platinum Label last week - included.

Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich cask (18 yr I think) - included.

Literally every scotch they had except Blue Label was included.

Well this makes hubby really happy. He wanted to choose the DSC as our promo option. Our travel agent explained to him the advantage of doing the drink package. Now he is thrilled he listened to her. He sure wouldn't listen to me. Even though he isn't a heavy drinker, especially when we cruise, I have a feeling he will drink more this time around.