Tell me about the Miracle

maritaysa

The Miracle is a great ship! I cruised on her to Alaska this year and loved the ship & itinerary!

I am sharing a link to my review with you. It is on my personal cruise website. There are many pictures of the ship & food in the review. Since you are not doing the same itinerary you might want to look at my Day 1, Day 2, and Day 7 because they contain many pictures of the ship. The other days are mainly Alaska photos.

http://www.embarkandaway.com/carnival-miracle-7day-alaska-cruise-review-2013.html

Must Do's: Go to the shows! I really enjoyed "Generations" and "Ticket to Ride".

The buffet gets crowded easily, but the lines for food move fast. You might have some trouble finding seats if you are traveling in a large group.

Edited by thecruiserofships

Be sure to check out Gatsby's Garden - check your little "map" for where it's at. It was very nice and quiet. Just looked it up on Carnival's website - deck plans. It's at the front on deck 3.

Spirit Class (Spirit, Miracle, Legend, & Pride) are out favorite class. We've been on Miracle & Legend. It's so easy to navigate because you don't have the dining room in the center which prevents one from going from the front of ship to back of ship on 3 different floors.

Edited by Sparky2

The Miracle just looks so old and antique compared to the dream class ships and even the Splendor looks so much nicer.

But the Spirit class ships are the best! Great flow and don't ever seem crowded.

I sailed on Miracle quite some time ago now, but I do second Gatsby's Gardens. It was always nice and quiet and I believe that's where there are some great circular windows you can actually sit and read in! The library is also nice on Miracle. While I wasn't a fan of the grapes in the dining room the rest of the ship was quite nice. It's much easier to navigate than the older Fantasy and Destiny class ships. You'll have a great time!

• 1 year later...

I was just on the Miracle last week, and she'll be going into dry dock in a few weeks for some upgrades. You'll have a Red Frog pub and an Alchemy Bar as additions/changes, as well as a "new" sports bar.

They are bringing the Hasbro game shows and Playlist Productions. I'm not sure that this is an 'upgrade', as the Miracle live 7-piece band was fantastic. They are adding Seuss at Sea and Cherry on Top, too.

I enjoyed the Miracle. Easily navigated, lots of outdoor spaces to find a place to relax. I personally didn't care for the decor, especially the dining room, but I know others like it. But the food is good, the service is good, and well, if you get bored, that's on you.

Enjoy your cruise.

I enjoyed the Miracle last year when we went on the Alaska cruise. It never felt crowded to me unless you brave the sale areas in the shops...then look out!

I enjoyed some of the seating areas near the central lobby area. Very comfy and not really noisy. I'd grab a drink at the bar in the lobby and take my book and sit nearby on one of the sofas. There was a piano bar that I thought was quite comfy and quiet too on the same deck I think as the lobby.

I was just on the Miracle last week, and she'll be going into dry dock in a few weeks for some upgrades. You'll have a Red Frog pub and an Alchemy Bar as additions/changes, as well as a "new" sports bar.

They are bringing the Hasbro game shows and Playlist Productions. I'm not sure that this is an 'upgrade', as the Miracle live 7-piece band was fantastic. They are adding Seuss at Sea and Cherry on Top, too.

I enjoyed the Miracle. Easily navigated, lots of outdoor spaces to find a place to relax. I personally didn't care for the decor, especially the dining room, but I know others like it. But the food is good, the service is good, and well, if you get bored, that's on you.

Enjoy your cruise.

I am REALLY REALLY crossing my fingers that Carnival is adding the Blue Iguana and Guy's Burgers even if it is not mentioned. It would just seem weird to do all 2.0 upgrades to another sister ship (Pride) but not this one [emoji79]

They didn't put them on Legend for the 2.0 so don't hold your breath for Miracle. Legend didn't even get the Alchemy Bar. We only go on the Spirit class ships because we love them! We were on Miracle a year ago, and will be back on in a little less than a year.

I am REALLY REALLY crossing my fingers that Carnival is adding the Blue Iguana and Guy's Burgers even if it is not mentioned. It would just seem weird to do all 2.0 upgrades to another sister ship (Pride) but not this one [emoji79]

It was announced at the VIFP party aboard the Miracle on February 13th that these venues are not to be included. Those who are calling this a 1.50 and not an upgrade to 2.0 are correct.

It was announced at the VIFP party aboard the Miracle on February 13th that these venues are not to be included. Those who are calling this a 1.50 and not an upgrade to 2.0 are correct.

I really wanted to try Guy's but at least we'll have Red Frog. Great appetizers and drinks there!