Review of Wind Caribbean Cruise (San Juan-San Juan)

ShotsnCruises

Port #10: Roadtown, Tortola

We did wander into the boutiques that final night, however, we did not find anything that interested us. I was hoping for something like a Silversea polo shirt, or a visor, something like that. However, there was nothing like that to purchase. If anyone knows where I can get some logo things from Silversea, let me know. They also advertised a cookbook that I would have liked to purchase, but we could never find where it was available.

Tortoise

You used to find Polo shirts and visors. But someone thought all the shops should be high end and they removed all the stuff. Now it's just a nice store to walk through and buy nothing.

Thanks for your review shots and hope you're now fully recovered.

I just checked on MarineTraffic.com and Silver Wind probably has about 30 minutes or so before entering the harbour at San Juan. Unfortunately I will only just about be able to see the final dock. Had we been staying in old San Juan, I would have timelapse filmed her arrival.

6 1/2 hours to go before boarding. Can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Les, I was following your Blizzard thread and hoping for a timely and safe arrival. Glad all was fine for you! Enjoy your cruise and will appreciate your postings.

You're very welcome and thank you for your well wishes.

All aboard now after lunch in la terrazza and ready to depart soon. Lovely to see some familiar faces.

My wife almost had kittens when she saw Albert the head bar tender was back on board.

Muster soon... and setting up some cameras to timelapse departure!!

15a7d0a5da695c6c2dd4a02e0f796f9e.jpg

I cannot believe myself how much gadgetry I've brought with me or clothes! Crazy! You'd think you'd learn!

Bon voyage.

Yes lots of cameras.

So glad you are safely aboard.

Thank you Spins

It was stressful on Monday .... but I was quite relaxed in the end with the forecast ending time and reporting on here that it wasn't as bad at JFK as predicted. That said there was a huge amount of snow by the runway! I think the last time I saw that amount in the UK was in 1963 so fair play to them for clearing it. Looked over a foot of snow to me

Hey Shots.... we have your butler!

I will tell him you sent your well wishes... I will post a photo with him by email. (I suspect he's the only Sumit from India!)

Let me know if I've got his name wrong and I'll save my embarrassment in asking!!!! His surname begins with P right?

Also ... as Shots had said, the Internet is very much improved. We are in dock still so time will tell once we are at sea.

And I was able to make phone calls using whatsapp so speed is pretty good.

Les, I will be on the next cruise segment. After you settle in... take lots of time to recover....what a traumatic experience getting to San Juan you have had! I must admit the thread was a fascinating read.☃️ We were all rooting for you.

Will you please fill me in on the names of the Capt, the HD, CD, the Maître 'D, the Executive Chef, and a few of the bartenders..usually my favorite peeps!

I couldn't be more ready to board the sweet Wind. It's been Spring Break overload here on Sanibel Island....with my darling grandchildren and EVERYONE else's darling children visiting.

Have a wonderful cruise, and use all that fancy equiptment....a lot!

Les, I will be on the next cruise segment. After you settle in... take lots of time to recover....what a traumatic experience getting to San Juan you have had! I must admit the thread was a fascinating read.☃️ We were all rooting for you.

Will you please fill me in on the names of the Capt, the HD, CD, the Maître 'D, the Executive Chef, and a few of the bartenders..usually my favorite peeps!

I couldn't be more ready to board the sweet Wind. It's been Spring Break overload here on Sanibel Island....with my darling grandchildren and EVERYONE else's darling children visiting.

Of course. I will be happy to do so. (I will post the staff in a while... getting ready to go out... to set cameras up for departure! Haha

Crafty captain set sail 30 mins early! Beep beep beeeep!

Fill in the gaps in a bit.... but bartenders.... my wife's favourite Albert is on with his sidekick Egbert. And the pool bar guy is the same as I've seem last April and August... and will get the name (ashamed to say I'd forgotten!)

But hey they are the most important right!

271 onboard 150 Americans, 66 Brits and then 26 Canadians....

First drink beckons

Ok have arrived refreshed in St Barts and a few blanks for you... I have to admit I'm terrible with names - always have been.

Captain is Fabrizio Rota

CD is Rico Du-Breil

HD is Ken Fella

MD is Sergio.... I'm unsure if it's the Sergio I know - not been to MDR yet

As mentioned previously Albert is in the main bar ... Egbert however is now a waiter in la terrazza...a bit more grown up now but some of the cheeky smiles came through as we left the restaurant last night. (We were unsure at one point if it was the same chap from last year... it was... )

Shout if there is anything else...

Edited by les37b

Never heard of nor met the Capt. and CD. Just left the Wind in Feb. will ask around. Best wishes to them both.[emoji568][emoji459]

Me neither.

First impressions on the CD are favourable.

I've started a live thread to stop taking shots one kinda off topic....

One thing though ... internet is still patchy in that it can drop, but generally it's very good. As mentioned earlier, we managed to use it to make phone calls inside whatsapp.... and I was also (for testing purposes) checking to see if it could stream video ... it was.

Had I remembered earlier, I could have watched the Spurs match

Cancel that ... it's on Sunday and we are doing a volcano snorkelling trip!!

Edited by les37b

FYI: this Captain likes to leave port early. We were early (15-30min) Leaving at every port!

I hope with everyone on board!!!! lol

We left San Juan 30 minutes early. Don't know about St Barts as it was due to leave at 11.00 and I Was fast asleep in UK times!

CruisinPashmina - just an update on the Matre D .... I did say I wasn't convinced it was Sergio .... and I was right. We just had dinner in the MDR. His name is Sergiu ... much younger and taller.