• Park Cafe
    • Cafe Promenade
    • Johnny Rockets
    • Solarium Bistro
    • Wipout Cafe
    • Vitality Cafe
    • Room Service
    • Other

We're coming on Allure in the Spring and there are so many options for breakfast. I can see us giving different ones a try on different days. What are you favorites (and what do you like there)? And also if specific to Sea Day vs Port Day.

(I know everyone's tastes are different but good to hear other's thoughts)

Edited by LuCruise

Thanks for the replies so far. I am taking notes of any specific items that sound interesting to us.

One thing I should also ask...any specific place for Sea Day vs Port Day?

Windjammer is likely to be even more crowded on a port day right before arrival time.

Johnny Rockets hands down. Best made to order breakfast on the ship. The first part of the cruise, after eliminating the main dining room and the Windjammer because of quality of food and wait time, we tried Johnny Rockets. Got down there about 8:15, walked right in, sat down and ordered. Word spread, towards the end of the cruise, we'd be there at 8am, when they opened, and there would be 20 people waiting to get in. They were even seating people at the tables at the bar, right before you go into the Aqua Theater . This was two weeks ago on the Allure.

Windjammer is likely to be even more crowded on a port day right before arrival time.

Thanks for the tip. Any specific place you recommend on a port day? One day we have an 8am excursion so I'm thinking room service for that one. But the other two aren't as early so we'll have time to enjoy something outside of the room.

Johnny Rockets hands down. Best made to order breakfast on the ship. The first part of the cruise, after eliminating the main dining room and the Windjammer because of quality of food and wait time, we tried Johnny Rockets. Got down there about 8:15, walked right in, sat down and ordered. Word spread, towards the end of the cruise, we'd be there at 8am, when they opened, and there would be 20 people waiting to get in. They were even seating people at the tables at the bar, right before you go into the Aqua Theater . This was two weeks ago on the Allure.

Wow, amazing how fast word spread. Quite a difference. Will make note to try it earlier in the week then (but not day 2 since that's the day of our excursion as mentioned above)

Thanks for the tip. Any specific place you recommend on a port day? One day we have an 8am excursion so I'm thinking room service for that one. But the other two aren't as early so we'll have time to enjoy something outside of the room....

Johnny Rockets, Wipeout Cafe, or Park Cafe.

Thank you.

Noted....So port days...avoid Windjammer. Good options are Johnny Rockets, Wipeout Cafe, or Park Café.

The MDR seems to be leading at the moment. I have read comments about their eggs benedict...which I love.

Hmmm....I just realized that there are not enough days to cover all places. Maybe we'll grab 2 breakfasts in one day :D

Edited by LuCruise

The Wipeout Cafe is the only place to get made to order omeletts and one of two places to get fried eggs (MDR). Everywhere else that I'm aware of serves pre-made somewhat artificial scrambled.

I believe Johnny Rockets and the MDR also serve freshly made omelettes, though JR's has fewer choices for ingredients than the MDR.

I would say the MDR was not that good. The quiche was inedible and it's my DD favorite and she would not eat it. The eggs Benedict were ok, I make better and not and expert. The hollandaise was not authentic. Don't know why but would say food in MDR was our least favorite from morning to night. iT looks nice but tastes like it came out of box

Edited by Duke Mazer

I believe Johnny Rockets and the MDR also serve freshly made omelettes, though JR's has fewer choices for ingredients than the MDR.

You are right on Johnny Rockets serving freshly made omelets, but fewer ingredient choices. They also serve fresh made scrambled eggs and other eggs, made to order, such as over easy.