Strange cabin question

bob278

We are on the Quest now in a Club Continent Suite. I have read all the comments about the tub/shower combo versus the shower-only cabins and the furniture but we have encountered another wrinkle n the differences between cabins.

We have a shower and the bathroom is pretty nice but there are no towel racks other than a small one for hand towels. Bath towels have to go on hooks on the door and interfere with closing it.

We have friends in a tub/shower cabin and there are several towel racks. BUT, the shelves in their cabin are TINY! Probably about 4 inches deep. Ours are closer to 10-12 inches deep.

We looked at a few N1 cabins onthe port side and only 8040 and 8042 have the tiny shelves. We have 8054 on the Journey next year and that cabin on Quest has deep shelves.

Finally - the question. Does anyone know for sure if cabin 8054 on the Journey has the deeper shelves? We'll be on for 31 days and my wife thinks the lack of shelf space in the bathroom would be a problem. We would probably prefer to swap for a shower-only cabin to get the larger shelves but would rather have the tub if we have enough shelf space.

Anybody know for sure?

I admit I am LOL. this is because had a tub on starboard side on JR and they have deeps shelves. .i have no idea about the Quest as not been on her since dry dock. i have been on JR twice. once in a spa suite and once in a CC. i checked out all clsoets and drawer space but not the lack of storage in bathroom.

i hate not having the cabinet with the storage space.. really do not think the new design works for women for a month. but not sure of 8054 has more or less than 8040. loved 8040 as mid ship. but you did hear the joggers who run fast.

i stick to 8054.

oh lastly years ago JR was built with deep storage space in baths but quest was not.

I admit I am LOL. this is because had a tub on starboard side on JR and they have deeps shelves. .i have no idea about the Quest as not been on her since dry dock. i have been on JR twice. once in a spa suite and once in a CC. i checked out all clsoets and drawer space but not the lack of storage in bathroom.

i hate not having the cabinet with the storage space.. really do not think the new design works for women for a month. but not sure of 8054 has more or less than 8040. loved 8040 as mid ship. but you did hear the joggers who run fast.

i stick to 8054.

oh lastly years ago JR was built with deep storage space in baths but quest was not.

Thanks, Robin.

It would never have occurred to me to wonder about shelves. Did 8040 on Journey have the really small shelves? It would be noticeable as they can just about hold a large bar of soap.

The new Club World Owner's suites have no storage space in the bathroom at all except for one small shelve underneath the sink, an inch or so above the floor...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No on Journey in August in an owners suite there was a shelf on the mirror. It was perfectly adequate for our needs as were the shelves in the Club continent suite at Easter. I'm wondering though is this because I keep items like makeup in the desk drawer in the room? Maybe thinking about where you store things might help.

I have just had a week in an expensive hotel in Shanghai that had absolutely NO storage in the bathroom so I am used to adapting and managing. I'm often away a month but only unpack addition bottles as I need them

Edited by uktog

We were in 8036 and 8042 last week on the Journey.

Surprisingly the layout of the bathrooms were slightly different. With 8042 being better than 8036.

Both had shelving above the toilet about 10 inches deep. Plenty of space for our needs. Unfortunately the positioning of the shelves was a problem for both my daughter and myself as neither of us could reach the top shelf where the stewardess kept storing the towels. Just not tall enough ( 5 feet 4 and 5inches )

We too kept makeup etc in the thin drawer next to the Mirror in the bedroom. Far better arrangement than before refurbishment. Excellent lit mirror.

We didn't miss the cabinet but there was nowhere in the bathroom to store private items which was inconvenient.

My only real complaint was my husbands habit of wetting the front of the butcher type sink ( obviously he must wash too vigourusly ) as I got a wet front several times when I lent against the sink.

However we all vastly preferred the new layout in the cabin.

We had 8046 and 8050 on Quest, both tub/shower combo. I don't think the shelving relates to that, it seems to relate to where in the wall the toilet plumbing is. 8046 had deep shelves above the toilet, 8050 had tiny shelves off to the side by the door. I think maybe 3 inches? The round plastic container that holds the cotton balls was too big for the shelf and kept falling off so we moved it to the shelf under the sink where the towels and toilet paper were kept. The shelves were only wide enough to hold the About Rose bottles.

I have a hanging toiletry kit that I kept on one door hook, which worked great, and one bathrobe hung on the other. We didn't have hanging space for anything else.

Thanks, Robin.

It would never have occurred to me to wonder about shelves. Did 8040 on Journey have the really small shelves? It would be noticeable as they can just about hold a large bar of soap.

no they were and are still deep. i was on Quest post dry dock and JR after dry dock. i was in a bathtub cabin on starboard side. this summer i had a spa cabin and will again in dec.. i find for me they took away storage-under sink cabinet is an open space -. they keep towels and toilet paper there. i put other things and sued the shelves. there were 3 hanging closets spaces and now 2 and one all storage.. i like storage to fold more. also doing B2B2B i have back stock to hide. post dry dock JR had the best storage over quest.. 8040 was my fave mid ship cabin. i need to be mid ship in rough seas.. i know being in the spa cabin one day i will be drugged out in bed.

I am slowly reading all the comments. I keep all my make up in bathroom as i wash my hands after using my make up.. but hair brush etc was in cabin.. never thought of plumbing as the JR always had deep shelves before dry dock.. the Quest did not. i missed the bathroom drawers .there are several in the spa cabin. .need to look at owners suite again for storage.

someone mention towels racks on a thread. my CC cabin had one, my hand towel was toss over the small make up mirror to dry. I zip lock back stock and use to keep in bathroom under sink now i would have to leave in suitcase.

we all have our ideas where to store things as women.

Edited by ellbon

:) How about taking one of the Over to Door organizers with pockets -- probably get them at Bed, Bath & Beyond or similar.

I take two of these and hang them on the hooks on the inside of the bathroom door - solves the storage problem

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I take two of these and hang them on the hooks on the inside of the bathroom door - solves the storage problem

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

In our bathroom (shower), the only place to hang towels is two hooks on the door. A hanging storage unit would leave only the floor for towels. There is adequate storage overall, just not necessarily where it is most useful.

since the redo of the cabins and bathrooms many hooks are missing. there use to be 3 in the CC cabins and now one. .The spa cabin had none when i was there.i hung my damp robe in the closet and left the door open while drying. .i use a hand towel rod for a both towel to dry.

I had 4 closets but not enough hooks or places to dry hand wash. i had drawers in bathroom and shelves by toilet. used them for some things. not one closet had extra shelves and most were above a petite persons reach.

desk drawers were good but only one other pull out drawer..

feel they never asked a guest or a crew member what was needed the most.

Just got off the Quest. We were in club continent suite 8043. It had a shower and wing chair. The shower was lovely. The shelf in the bathroom was very narrow. There was a small towel bar on the shower door for the hand towels. We used the hooks on the bathroom door for our robes, but they kept getting in the way of closing the door. There were no other hooks or towel bars. Housekeeping put the clean towels and extra tissues and toilet paper on the shelf under the sink so there was no space there for personal items. I would not book this room again since the noise from the pool deck woke me up every morning between 6 and 7 a.m. Guest Relations told me the deck is washed every morning and the chairs are set-up by 7 a.m.

We are in 8056 on Journey at the moment and will ask about 8054, change over day tomorrow so might get to take a look. Any at her questions? We will be on here for another 11 days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That would be wonderful. Thank you. We are in 8057 now on Quest (starboard side N1 with shower-only). We feel a little more cramped for "walk-around" space with the chairs and balcony door than the pre-refurb cabins but it is acceptable. The desk and closet space is pretty but not as functional as before. Can't give specifics but the closet is a little smaller and the drawers are deeper and low. But as I said earlier, the total storage in the cabin is adequate, just not completely logical. We are onboard for 44 days and everything is in its place.

Just got off the Quest. We were in club continent suite 8043. It had a shower and wing chair. The shower was lovely. The shelf in the bathroom was very narrow. There was a small towel bar on the shower door for the hand towels. We used the hooks on the bathroom door for our robes, but they kept getting in the way of closing the door. There were no other hooks or towel bars. Housekeeping put the clean towels and extra tissues and toilet paper on the shelf under the sink so there was no space there for personal items. I would not book this room again since the noise from the pool deck woke me up every morning between 6 and 7 a.m. Guest Relations told me the deck is washed every morning and the chairs are set-up by 7 a.m.

even before redo i found the towels and robes got in the way of closing the bathroom door. i moved all those things and put my own stuff there. the things landed somewhere else. I notice washing of decks at night but since the bar and the Patio are open late they must of switch to mornings.. i use to wake to joggers. the vibration would get to me. like me you are a light sleeper. try back more -right behind hte stairs-much better.

That would be wonderful. Thank you. We are in 8057 now on Quest (starboard side N1 with shower-only). We feel a little more cramped for "walk-around" space with the chairs and balcony door than the pre-refurb cabins but it is acceptable. The desk and closet space is pretty but not as functional as before. Can't give specifics but the closet is a little smaller and the drawers are deeper and low. But as I said earlier, the total storage in the cabin is adequate, just not completely logical. We are onboard for 44 days and everything is in its place.

I had the stupid chair removed and found the cabin much nicer and could unpack and enjoy the cabin. seems the cabin feels smaller due to extra chair doing nothing. closet lost one section of hanging space. if doing several cruises makes a huge difference. Philip loved those low deep drawers. I hated them. got tired of reaching down for everything. would be harder on an older person daily reaching for things. 44 days i need a lot of beauty products and i used one of the drawers for back stock.

you need to look at a bathtub cabin and see the difference with the small love seat. still the ugly chair. the best bathroom is the spa cabin one. .but it still needs more shelves in closet./ 4 closets but not one wlth all storage

Good news 8054 has the deeper shelves,

IMG_1472476049.630196.jpg.688875d1c106642833150cb135410d68.jpg

There is no towel rail for hand towels though, in ours with a shower there is one attached to the shower screen.

Good news from Ryszard last night- the washing lines are to be reinstated [emoji2]

Good news 8054 has the deeper shelves,

[ATTACH]393227[/ATTACH]

There is no towel rail for hand towels though, in ours with a shower there is one attached to the shower screen.

Good news from Ryszard last night- the washing lines are to be reinstated [emoji2]

Thank you so very much. Now I don't have to worry about trying to trade cabins with someone. It would be difficult as both of our cruises are sold out in CC suites.

I will pass on the news about the clothes lines to friends (and Phillip, the hotel director - if the Journey is doing it, the Quest should not be far behind).

Oh, hooray, I can scratch buying a washing line with suction cups off of my "to do" list for our Christmas cruise! Glad AZ is putting these in, because really, where are you supposed to put wet bathing suits, if there are only a few hooks which are apparently already taken up by bathrobes and wet towels, according to what other posters say? Also we're on a 2 week cruise, so will likely hand-wash my husband's quick dry work-out shorts and some of my lingerie to hang dry (stuff we don't want to put in our bag-a-week of free laundry.) Last Azamara cruise my husband put some of his stuff on the veranda to dry, but then you have to worry about it blowing away, plus it is unsightly, and took up veranda space... Glad here will be a laundry line!!! :)

Last Azamara cruise my husband put some of his stuff on the veranda to dry, but then you have to worry about it blowing away, plus it is unsightly, and took up veranda space.:)

NOT putting anything flammable on your balcony is mentioned at each life boat meeting "as fires are the worse thing that can happen on a ship".