Transportation to Rome from cruise terminal

checkerss

Taking the train is easy for getting into Rome itself, but it sounds like you want to go to the airport. For that, the train is less useful as you will have to make a transfer somewhere (e.g., no direct train from port to airport).

I am not aware of a bus that goes from Civitavecchia to the airport. There are express buses available for a very minimal charge from Rome itself to either airport, but not from Civitavecchia.

We used Bob's Limo service or going from FCO to hotel in Rome (pre-cruise), hotel to port, port back to Rome (post-cruise) and hotel to FCO. They were very reliable. If you are going from the port to FCO, go to the roll call and see if other passengers plan to do the same. You can share the limo. There were five of us and the cost was less than a taxi. They take care of the luggage. You don't have to guard the luggage and you can relax and know they will pick you up at the appointed time from the cruise ship and drop you at the curb for your airline. It took so much stress (both mental and physical) that we would never do it any other way. You can go on the internet and get a quote, but I'm sure on the roll call you'll find others willing to share the ride with you if there are only the two of you. Get the quote and ask if anyone wants to share. Bob's and Rome in Limo are highly recommended on CC and TripAdvisor. You won't regret it, even if it's a few bucks more.

Seeking suggestions regarding ground transportation from Rome cruise terminal to airport. Taxis very expensive. Heard there were buses now from cruise port to airport.

On the return to the airport from the port ,I think the shared shuttle services are as prevalent as Taxis. I have set up transportation for my group and now 6 others from this chat group. We are going to the airport from the port on April 8. Shared rides are always affordable but if you want a taxi just for those in your party you can do this also. You do have many choices leaving the port. NCL is $75 per person one way I was told. My group is paying 125 euros/6 passengers. I only have 1 seat for 7:00am departure to airport...how many are you?

Now I know a lot of people won't approve of this answer: The cruise line/ship will offer bus

transfers to the airport. They do have flight time limits, but this can be the simplest way

to arrange your transfer. The last time I did this is Rome, on a Royal Caribbean ship, there

was a hostess on board the bus who helped passengers make their arrangements. The bus dropped us off at the right airline area and unloaded our luggage. You can arrange this in advance or even while you are on the ship. The buses are comfortable and go direct to the airport. At least look into the costs compared to private taxis. It's a convenient way to do the transfers.

Now I know a lot of people won't approve of this answer: The cruise line/ship will offer bus

transfers to the airport. They do have flight time limits, but this can be the simplest way

to arrange your transfer. The last time I did this is Rome, on a Royal Caribbean ship, there

was a hostess on board the bus who helped passengers make their arrangements. The bus dropped us off at the right airline area and unloaded our luggage. You can arrange this in advance or even while you are on the ship. The buses are comfortable and go direct to the airport. At least look into the costs compared to private taxis. It's a convenient way to do the transfers.

This would be the most convenient way, yes. However, some things to consider based on what kind of person you are...

Rome cabs is 130 Euro for 2 passengers....this is $161.35 in US dollars

I know Celebrity(just got off my cruise 10/20) charges $92pp or $184 USD

You will also have to wait until all of the riders signed up for that bus/coach are off the boat and have collected all of their luggage and the luggage gets loaded....I always think worst case scenario so think as if you are the first person on the bus.

Our driver with Rome cabs was standing outside with sign in hand waiting for us. We requested the pick up time and requested the same departure time off of the boat....was a breeze. No line anywhere. We requested to disembark at 8am.

Hello folks,

A point to make about cruise choice for transportation is needed here I believe: As of 2 weeks ago, I was told the NCL had the usual transportation arrangements to the airport. Usual means the set up is the same but the cost has tripled....$75USD one way. On my last cruise with NCL this year the transportation was $20 each way...such a jump. The service was efficient and they assigned the time to leave....no problem with this. I thought they did a great job with handling, scheduling, etc....but I am not so happy with it that I want to pay $75USD. The cruise for 11 days is an expense with all the tours, but we each have to weigh our budgets. For this reason, I researched and found shared minivan transportation based on number of people. I believe this is a great choice instead of a taxi. I have a few vacancies and on this thread I was able to get 3+ couples to max and we are going to save some $$. End result for us....others will decide on their end result. The more options we have the better. I have one more slot for 0700am heading to airport. (gdunbar14@sbcglobal dot net. Oh, the driver will be waiting with a sign...and a drop off at your terminal for departure. Great service!

First time we booked a bus tour with the cruise line. Quite expensive. 2nd time we booked a car as we were told taxis may not be available. When we arrived at the port, tons of taxis which would cost less than a booked car. Approx. 1.5 hours to Rome.

There is a coach at terminal and its 20 euros each I've used it several times

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Smart cruise tours you can book online

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Tercar,

Thanks for information. This company only goes on certain days now and only if after 12:30pm departures. The cost is about the same as other shared passenger vans....a few pennies. I have looked into pretty much all of them and some in my group needs earlier times. This is great information for all to be aware of.....the more the merrier. For those going to Rome earlier than cruise date..there is bus service and shared rides from $5.00 - 12.00 USD door to door. If you don't want Limo service of course. Thank you:)