The "mystery" 3* Benefits? :)

canadarocks

• A special collectible gift presented to you on board
  • A complimentary photo of the ship
  • A special recognition lapel pin

We were onboard the Nieuw Amsterdam in January as first time 3* mariners. We didn't receive any of the above. We'll be onboard the Koningsdam in March.... do we have to go to the Front Desk and ask for them?

And do we have to go to the spa to ask about these?

• Discounts on select treatments from the Greenhouse Spa & Salon

The collectible gift is the tile that is given to Mariners at the brunch. If you didn't attend the brunch, you might have missed it.

To get the photo of the ship, one has to request it at the photo gallery.

The pin might still come in the mail.

Sorry, I can't answer the spa question.

We found our 4* pins in our room after we got back from dinner on the final Gala night. You could email the Mariner Society or simply ask for them on the K-dam. Be sure your K-dam key cards show you as 3* to get your 25% discounts where applicable.

We found our 4* pins in our room after we got back from dinner on the final Gala night. You could email the Mariner Society or simply ask for them on the K-dam. Be sure your K-dam key cards show you as 3* to get your 25% discounts where applicable.

It would be difficult to not show it since everything on board is charged to your account. The catch is to make sure you are credited with the discount.

The collectible gift is the tile that is given to Mariners at the brunch. If you didn't attend the brunch, you might have missed it.

But if you don't want to go to the brunch, go down to the Front Desk or ask your concierge for the tiles.

But if you don't want to go to the brunch, go down to the Front Desk or ask your concierge for the tiles.

Definitely ask for your tiles. We forgot in December. Now we'll never be able to retile our balcony in HAL Delft. :D

We found our 4* pins in our room after we got back from dinner on the final Gala night.

Ditto. We made 4 Star during the cruise last week and the pins were in our suite the evening following the Mariners Brunch. We never go. :) of course the 4 Star benefits did not kick in on that cruise.

Dennis

Holland America benefits do not kick in until you are four star. Pins, discounts on extra purchases and a lunch we would get anyway mean nothing.

We got our 25% discount on the wine package and on the specialty restaurants. THAT I made sure of! :)

Thanks everyone for your responses. I'll know better in March.

Definitely ask for your tiles. We forgot in December. Now we'll never be able to retile our balcony in HAL Delft. :D

I once forgot to get our tiles. So I contacted customer relations and they sent us two tiles and two photos of the ship in the mail. I would ask if I were you.