Sad questions - Explorer of the Seas

Sorry to ask such sad questions.

Going on Explorer of Seas on Mediterranean Cruise in a while and DW likes an afternoon nap. So I thought I might watch TV (taking headphones + long cable). Do they show daily movies on the tv or any other programs?

Any ideas how many coat hangers there might be or should we take our own?

Thanks

Going on Explorer of Seas on Mediterranean Cruise in a while and DW likes an afternoon nap. So I thought I might watch TV (taking headphones + long cable). Do they show daily movies on the tv or any other programs?

Thanks

There is usually one older movie that will be playing on multiple stations in multiple languages. TV channels aren't great either. Not sure you will be able to hookup headphones since most tv jacks are disabled.

As far as coat hangers, there are plenty and if you need more, ask your cabin steward and they will bring as many as you need.

What is sad about those questions?:confused:

The only thing sad is the lack of TV options onboard :( Recently off Mariner in Asia and it was worse than you can imagine and so were the options in the screening room...I lost count of how many times they played "The Proposal"...must have been a Sandra Bullock fan onboard.

Edited by Ashland

The TV on the older ships is usually not that interesting. On the Adventure recently we had Big Bang Theory mostly in German, but sometimes in English. There were also some older movies (TBS), but you had to happen to be there when they started.

They will "sell" you movies for $11.99 each. I thought for that price you should also get the Blu-ray for it.

If you have an iPad you could put some shows on there that you want to watch or some games or books to read, etc. iPads are great for cruising because it's easy to pack along a lot of stuff.

Unless you can time it perfectly and happen to like what's on I wouldn't count on the TV being useful for more than checking your bill or ordering room service.

I always take hanging shirts and pants in a garment bag so I have extra hangers, but the cabin attendant will always get you more hangers if you need them. We've always had more than we needed and usually end up hiding some under the bed to get them out of the way. They are very thick wooden hangers that take up about 3/4" each of precious hanging space.

Tom

Thanks

Listen, im in my mid 30's and normally for the first few days it takes my body clock time to adjust from being busy at work to do nothing on board the ship. I often take afternoon naps in late afternoon whilst on ship. TV films are ok but tend to be not up to date. Sure you cant plug headphones in.

Take a tablet and fill it up with films and TV shows to watch.

If you need more coathangers you can ask your room steward, they have helped us in the past.

The only thing sad is the lack of TV options onboard :( Recently off Mariner in Asia and it was worse than you can imagine and so were the options in the screening room...I lost count of how many times they played "The Proposal"...must have been a Sandra Bullock fan onboard.

That was the big movie of the week on Indy's pool deck mega screen when we sailed.:rolleyes:

Your cabin steward will bring you extra hangers.

Probably best not to count on the TV for entertainment. Maybe take a book?

While your DH is taking his afternoon nap, there may be some sort of activity offered on the ship you'd enjoy attending alone.

LuLu

Thanks very much everyone. Sorry I didn't mean sad as in unhappy just sad as in uninteresting question.

Think I will load up my hybrid tablet with tv shows and movies.

Thanks very much for the info.

Looking forward to it :D

TCM on the Explorer was at times good, well I like Singing in the Rain.

As others have said if you are onboard just check out the compass for things to do.

They did show the odd film in the Theatre in the afternoon as well as the one on the big screen on deck, not sure if the new Lego movie would appeal though.

It can vary. On my last 11 night cruise the RC channel repeated the same 14 or so hours of tv shows in the same order the entire time. It did introduce me to a couple of new shows and there was something comforting about watching the same episodes by the end though.

hangers yes, and you can ask for as many as you need. Food for thought...I have many outfits that don't require the thick quality hangers provided to you. I bring those thin wire ones for shirts and day dresses... it gives me more closet room and is easily packed in my garment bag.

Just asking ... what sort of multitude of things might these wire hangers be hiding? :D

LuLu

Not sure what they were thinking of, but I can't help but think of the following when I hear the phrase "wire hangers":