Thanks HAL board: following up on "Only 1 cruise" thread

1of4

I never would have believed it but following my thread a few days ago about bucket list voyages and if you could only do one more cruise - we are about to book! :cool: :)

Your opinions were very much appreciated. Based on the points made we are taking DD (ds will be canoeing through the great north woods) for her 16th birthday and sailing on the Maasdam. We will sail Boston to Montreal so that the we end up in Canada in case of any medical issues. Also the water will get calmer as the voyage goes along.

This is a great cruise to be a test for me.

Thank you!

Excellent.

Just packing now to take that same trip on the Veendam, but in the opposite direction. I'll report back. I have my own set of disability issues this time to watch out for too: double-vision. I'll be looking at this cruise with new eyes, double mine and yours too. :p

I never would have believed it but following my thread a few days ago about bucket list voyages and if you could only do one more cruise - we are about to book! :cool: :)

Your opinions were very much appreciated. Based on the points made we are taking DD (ds will be canoeing through the great north woods) for her 16th birthday and sailing on the Maasdam. We will sail Boston to Montreal so that the we end up in Canada in case of any medical issues. Also the water will get calmer as the voyage goes along.

This is a great cruise to be a test for me.

Thank you!

We sailed Maasdam Boston to Montreal many times as well as the return and it has always been a very smooth ride for us. I don't remember any of those cruise s being what I would describe as rough seas.That is a great itinerary on a wonderful ship.

Edited by sail7seas

I'm happy you've been able to find an itinerary that you're comfortable with. I've spoken to many who have been that route and they were all pleased; hopefully you will enjoy it as much.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)