All Things Freedom of the Seas!

We actually purchased walkies for our last cruise, they're small and have belt clips so they're super easy to keep track of. It was nice for us to be able to keep track of each other if one went exploring (or for a snack run, I called in my order a couple times ;))

We'll definitely be bringing them on the Freedom in Sept!

~Lisa :p

We used Walkies on Indepence and they worked fine.

• 3 weeks later...

My son will be turning 21 on our cruise (12/25)! I know you can have the ship decorate the room, but I would rather save the money (& have another cocktail!), so I'm going to bring decorations and do it myself. I think I read somewhere that the outside room doors are magnetized, so if I find a cool magnet, will it work on the door?

Hi All

Im paying 719pp for two inside connecting rooms on deck nine on FOS(May1). There will be two adults in one room and two kids in the other. Is this around the normal price for these cabins? Should I keeps checking for price drops?

There is no "normal" price. However, yes, you should keep checking for price drops.

Hi All

Im paying 719pp for two inside connecting rooms on deck nine on FOS(May1). There will be two adults in one room and two kids in the other. Is this around the normal price for these cabins? Should I keeps checking for price drops?

You can always get the price drop if you see it and call your travel agent if that is who you booked thru or RCCL if that is who you booked with.

Hi All

Keep checking prices. We have connecting promonade rooms, which are considered interior rooms on FOS for $679.78 per person. That includes all taxes and fees. But we are going in January. Rate was also for a State Residency.

Hello, Does anyone know if the Freedom has ever gone into drydock? I read that the Liberty is going in drydock--adding a few more things- and I belive the Freedom is a year older than the Liberty

According to their web site, Freedom is scheduled for dry dock the week of 20 March, just before our first cruise. Adding things, from what I understand.

According to their web site, Freedom is scheduled for dry dock the week of 20 March, just before our first cruise. Adding things, from what I understand.

I had read it is March 11th. We are suppose to be on it May 1. I wonder what they are adding.

I had read it is March 11th. We are suppose to be on it May 1. I wonder what they are adding.

According to the CC Dry dock Schedule -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1049492&page=5&highlight=drydock+schedule

Freedom of the Seas 20 MAR - 27 MAR 2011

And if you look at the RCCL schedule, there is no sailing scheduled for that week. There is one for March 6,13 and 27th though.

As far as what they are adding -

Check out the RCCL link -

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=Freedom_Liberty_enhancements&galleryPagename=family_c&pnav=1&snav=4&cid=RCHPF2-05132010Freedom/Liberty

Erika

I can't wait for all the bells and whistles that will be added to Freedom while in dry dock!!! My girls LOVED their cruise this past January, and even said they'd rather do that than go to Disney World! (We just returned from Disney last week!) SO... we are going to book the Freedom while we are on Allure in March... I think we'll keep it a secret so they can be surprised!!! :D

In any case... Freedom is a phenomenal ship even without all the extras they'll be putting on her. Enjoy, Freedom cruisers!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked Freedom last night for a Nov 2011 cruise. This will also be my first cruise on a ship larger than Enchantment - WOW!

I was concerned about skipping over the Radiance and Voyager classes of ships, but the dates, pricing and departure port hooked me. Then after making the reservation I read about some of the dry dock additions - the Chef's School and the outdoor theater (as long as they don't blast it all day) I am really excited!

Hi All

Im paying 719pp for two inside connecting rooms on deck nine on FOS(May1). There will be two adults in one room and two kids in the other. Is this around the normal price for these cabins? Should I keeps checking for price drops?[/quot

It is important if you have the time to check at least one to two times a day you may be surprised at what you may find! I know that sailing now is starting at 549pp dont know what category it is!

First time cruisers and have responsible 17 & 20 year olds. Should we allow them to charge to their Seapass cards (to our account)? I want to make it easy for them if they want to have a snack that's not included, but wanted to see what others typically do.

We leave on Dec. 19th!!!!

First time cruisers and have responsible 17 & 20 year olds. Should we allow them to charge to their Seapass cards (to our account)? I want to make it easy for them if they want to have a snack that's not included, but wanted to see what others typically do.

We gave charge privileges to our 13yo this last cruise, and it worked out fine. He saw that we were regularly checking the statement (on the TV in our room), and he's a good guy anyway. (And now that I think about it, our 9yo may have had the same rights, but she was always asking us to reload her card for video games, so it wasn't an issue.)

Dave

Hi, just joined this forum, (getting really excited about our first RC cruise on FOS next July) but just wanted to know why this thread can not be a sub forum for FOS, easier to find each time we log in? As I said, new to this so not sure if that is a possibilty, enjoying reading everybody's posts though.:)

Keep them up

Hi, just joined this forum, (getting really excited about our first RC cruise on FOS next July) but just wanted to know why this thread can not be a sub forum for FOS, (have seen one for Allure) It would be easier to find each time we log in? As I said, new to this so not sure if that is a possibilty, enjoying reading everybody's posts though.:)

Keep them up

Hi, just joined this forum, (getting really excited about our first RC cruise on FOS next July) but just wanted to know why this thread can not be a sub forum for FOS, (have seen one for Allure) It would be easier to find each time we log in? As I said, new to this so not sure if that is a possibilty, enjoying reading everybody's posts though.:)

Keep them up

Welcome! :)

The Oasis was generating a lot of posts and was cluttering the main Royal Caribbean forum; therefore, the sub-forum was created to alleviate the issue. They removed the Oasis once the Allure became the topic of conversation.

Keeping the main forum allows for a greater sense of community. Plus, it's more likely someone will visit "Royal Caribbean" and answer a question you may have, then to visit a sub-forum for each ship the Royal has. Make sense? I'm just assuming that this is why there aren't sub forums for each ship.

I sailed the Freedom of 10/31 this year and had a fantastic time. I sailed with my dad this trip and I am already booked for 4/17/2011 with the rest of the family.

My Dad had a great time as well. He enjoyed it so much that he decided to go in April instead of staying home alone. :)

100_0814.jpg.5c786b69b0c04675eba13fc570d1c7f2.jpg

Welcome! :)

The Oasis was generating a lot of posts and was cluttering the main Royal Caribbean forum; therefore, the sub-forum was created to alleviate the issue. They removed the Oasis once the Allure became the topic of conversation.

Keeping the main forum allows for a greater sense of community. Plus, it's more likely someone will visit "Royal Caribbean" and answer a question you may have, then to visit a sub-forum for each ship the Royal has. Make sense? I'm just assuming that this is why there aren't sub forums for each ship.

Thanks Michelle.

Also does anybody know what time you are allowed to board the ship on day of departure (for a 16.00 sailing) What is the best time to arrive to avoid endless queues!!?? I am alone with 3 kids and so the less waiting in a queue the better!:rolleyes: