Burgers & Fries on Aventure of The Seas

DawnC28

On Celebrity there was a poolside spot that served burgers/dogs/fries and such from about noon to six every day. Do they have anything like this on Adventure of the Seas, other than getting them at Windjammer or Johnny Rockets? I can't remember from years ago on EOS.

I don't feel like paying extra for a plate of fries...or eating old dried out fries from the WJ buffet.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by DawnC28
to add ship name to those that don't know AOS...!

On Celebrity there was a poolside spot that served burgers/dogs/fries and such from about noon to six every day. Do they have anything like this on AOS, other than getting them at Windjammer or Johnny Rockets? I can't remember from years ago on EOS.

I don't feel like paying extra for a plate of fries...or eating old dried out fries from the WJ buffet.

Thanks in advance!

Not by the pool side, they do burgers and fries during lunch 11am to 3pm and during afternoon snacks 3pm to I think 5pm in the windjammer

Great thanks - are the poolside burgers & fries just sitting out from the Windjammer? Or are they cooked fresh at that location? (i.e. do they have deep fryers there etc.?

Not sure what you mean with your first question. They are not poolside.

Sorry, misread what was posted. So nothing freshly made other than Johnny Rockets? (are they even fresh made to order?!)

Johnny Rockets' burgers are made to order. The ones in the Windjammer sit in a pan under a heatlamp and in my opinion, are nothing special. The fries aren't bad though.

Edited by time4u2go

Great thanks - are the poolside burgers & fries just sitting out from the Windjammer? Or are they cooked fresh at that location? (i.e. do they have deep fryers there etc.?

In our opinion burgers and fries in the Windjammer on any RCCL ship (at least the ones we've been on)can't even come close to Celebritys Pool side burgers, hot dogs and fries. RCCLs windjammer burgers and fries will do in a pinch.

Edited by davekathy

In our opinion burgers and fries in the Windjammer on any RCCL ship (at least the ones we've been on)can't even come close to Celebritys Pool side burgers, hot dogs and fries. RCCLs windjammer burgers and fries will do in a pinch.

I was afraid of that. Thanks!

Try the burgers in the MDR for lunch. My Grandson and his friend (teens) ended up joining us for lunch one day as we headed to the MDR. He was not very enthusiastic but decided to make a Grandmother happy and joined us. He and his friend both LOVED the burger and fries. In fact, we saw them later in the week and they had left the pool, thrown on shorts and gone to the MDR for burgers at lunch.

Don't expect fresh cooked burgers and hot dogs like on Celebrity and Princess. Royal has no casual pool side grill. Only option is the Windjammer, but the tray of pre-cooked burger patties sitting under a heat lamp look gross. Royal does a lot of things well, but this is not one of them!

Don't expect fresh cooked burgers and hot dogs like on Celebrity and Princess. R

or HAL or Carnival .... most lines have a burger place. The Radiance Class had the Seaview Cafe and they had great burgers, but I think they're gone now.

We don't eat burgers much except on vacation, so we really enjoy them -- Carnival's Guy's Burgers are terrific. :)

The ones in the Windjammer sit in a pan under a heatlamp and in my opinion, are nothing special. The fries aren't bad though.

You have a much higher opinion of WJ burgers than I do. :) They are pretty bad IMHO. The fries ARE good though!

Only option is the Windjammer, but the tray of pre-cooked burger patties sitting under a heat lamp look gross.

Floating in a vat of grease :o WJ burgers are bad.

I agree with most of the posters. The Mast Grill on Celebrity is pretty great and the Windjammer burgers are pretty bad. Johnny Rocket's is really really good (especially onion rings) and worth the cover charge and easy to get to from the pool, but it's not the same as just being able to walk up and get a burger or hot dog poolside and there is a charge.

I miss the Seaview Cafe's. They had great Rueben sandwiches too. I would have been willing to pay a small cover if they'd kept those around.

Of course every cruise ship has it's pluses and minuses. We couldn't find mini-golf anywhere on the Celebrity ships and no Flow Rider, Rock Wall, and many other fun outdoor activities.

Tom

On Celebrity, I stopped nearly every afternoon for a small plate of fries after getting back on the ship...didn't want anything big, and wanted something salty - don't think I want to pay $4.95 for just fries, so I guess I'll try the fries at the buffet and see how they are...

I think I am also going to miss the aft outdoor bar too, just off the buffet on Celebrity - sounds like AOS doesn't have one of those either...

Hopefully other things will make up for that!

Do they have popcorn on the ship?!

They have sliders in the MDR for dinner on the always available menu, i've never tried them but I heard they're good. Doesn't help you when returning to ship though, although I do think the fries in the windjammer are quite good even though the burgers look gross

So I have to put in my 2 cents......I really like the Hamburgers and love the fries from the windjammer. If you just eat the burger...OK...not much to it...But if you dress them up as I do...they are quite tasty. And since we will be on the Adventurer for 15 days this coming Sunday....Should I dare post a Picture of my hamburger everyday? :rolleyes:

Mike

So I have to put in my 2 cents......I really like the Hamburgers and love the fries from the windjammer. If you just eat the burger...OK...not much to it...But if you dress them up as I do...they are quite tasty. And since we will be on the Adventurer for 15 days this coming Sunday....Should I dare post a Picture of my hamburger everyday? :rolleyes:

Mike

My husband thought they were okay last year when we sailed on AOS. We are leaving this Sunday too on her. Going to try breakfast & lunch at the MDR this time too. Do you have to book?

My husband thought they were okay last year when we sailed on AOS. We are leaving this Sunday too on her. Going to try breakfast & lunch at the MDR this time too. Do you have to book?

No reservations needed or taken for breakfast or lunch in the MDR.