Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Thanks, Jim. But how do you know this, if you don't mind my asking?

Those white areas on both decks are HUGE for just having a pool on one and the restaurant/lounge on the other. And it seems like the pool area would get too much shade being down so low.

Ali

I know because I emailed key people in Miami before I booked deck 18. Having the bar and restaurant steps from my door was more important then the pool and hot tubs. If you look at the deck plans the white space on 18 is aft of the suites where you would expect the bar and restaurant

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Edited by time2cruise1

I like the idea of cruising out of Hamburg.

In the past, airberlin has offered some great one-way rates from NYC.

We flew from NYC to Dusseldorf for the Breakaway's initial cruise from Rotterdam to Southampton.

Took the train from Dusseldorf to Rotterdam.

Note: With airberlin the rates go up as your date nears.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to some pre-cruise days in neighboring cities. Don't know where yet (Amsterdam? Brussels? Other cities in Germany?). We're booked for the 3 days Hamburg to Southampton (2-Day Escape from Hamburg plus 1 Day So'ton CTN). Had to contact NCL UK to do so, but our PCC then transferred the reservation over to the US and applied the US price. Looking forward to Hamburg and Heinbloed's offering to be our local guide (or rather me trying to volunteer him). :D :p :p

Edited by kylenyc

Copenhagen, Denmark

Berlin, Germany

Dusseldorf, Germany

Cologne, Germany

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

etc

Depending on your arrival airport I would travel by train within Belgium/The Netherlands/Germany.

See Germany's great ICE fast train network for example:

640px-ICE_Network.png

Copenhagen, Denmark

Berlin, Germany

Dusseldorf, Germany

Cologne, Germany

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

etc

Depending on your arrival airport I would travel by train within Belgium/The Netherlands/Germany.

See Germany's great ICE fast train network for example:

640px-ICE_Network.png

Of those choices.... Berlin! Very easy to get to/from by train.

i will book the 3 night cruise in the next days too. hamburg ist my favorite city in germany. i´m really happy ncl take the escape to a cruise from hamburg. and btw hamburg is a great city where you can stay some days too.

Edited by Steff79

i will book the 3 night cruise in the next days too. hamburg ist my favorite city in germany. i´m really happy ncl take the escape to a cruise from hamburg. and btw hamburg is a great city where you can stay some days too.

What would you suggest we see in Hamburg?

Hey guys - is this thread for info on the ship itself? Building, informational releases, deck info, etc? If it is, could you take your tour planning to your roll call? I'm sorry if that sounds mean, I really don't mean to be at all ... it's just hard wading thru all this stuff!! Thanks :)

PS - i really hope this doesn't sound mean!!

Hey guys - is this thread for info on the ship itself? Building, informational releases, deck info, etc? If it is, could you take your tour planning to your roll call? I'm sorry if that sounds mean, I really don't mean to be at all ... it's just hard wading thru all this stuff!! Thanks :)

It's "Everything ... Escape". If not for this thread for Breakaway and such threads, I wouldn't have gotten some great help for my first TA. The Escape roll call will get mighty busy all by itself and will take on a life of its own too as did Breakaway's TA roll call which is now mysteriously missing.

I hope I'll be able to keep up :eek:

Edited by kylenyc

This thread is named Everything Escape, to me that includes the itinerary. Anyway we have had no new info for a while. I am happy to see the thread active. :)

It's "Everything ... Escape". If not for this thread for Breakaway and such threads, I wouldn't have gotten some great help for my first TA. The Escape roll call will get mighty busy all by itself and will take on a life of its own too as did Breakaway's TA roll call which is now mysteriously missing.

I hope I'll be able to keep up :eek:

Sure thing. My mistake. I thought it was for the ship itself. Carry on then :)

This thread is named Everything Escape, to me that includes the itinerary. Anyway we have had no new info for a while. I am happy to see the thread active. :)

It's AN itinerary, not THE itinerary. I'm sailing on the TA, but unsubscribing from this thread because I'm tired of the disappointment of seeing it has a new post, hoping there is news, but it's just a Germany travel plan. I can get ship info myself from NCL website. Sorry. *ducks and runs*

It's AN itinerary, not THE itinerary. I'm sailing on the TA, but unsubscribing from this thread because I'm tired of the disappointment of seeing it has a new post, hoping there is news, but it's just a Germany travel plan. I can get ship info myself from NCL website. Sorry. *ducks and runs*

:( That's too bad. I too personally like discussions anything Escape related while we wait for news from NCL. I also find it a curious attitude coming from someone who earlier posted that they booked, their specific cabin and location preferences on Getaway. I hope you aren't serious. I've enjoyed some of your posts. Noticed you're not on the roll call either.

Edited by kylenyc

:( That's too bad. I too personally like discussions anything Escape related while we wait for news from NCL. I also find it a curious attitude coming from someone who earlier posted that they booked, their specific cabin and location preferences on Getaway. I hope you aren't serious. I've enjoyed some of your posts. Noticed you're not on the roll call either.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'll get on that roll call at some point. It's too soon for me!

I'm not sure what you are saying about the cabin location stuff. Are you asking where I am on the Escape? I got an angled balcony again, unfortunately on starboard side because all on port are already full. We are deck 15, which seems cool since that was a pool deck on the Getaway. Ha! Is that what you were asking? Sorry, but you lost me. :o

Edited, because I had the sides backwards!!!

Edited by LrgPizza

You guys are having way too much fun, take it somewhere else ;)

Hello everyone. Like everyone here I am so anxious for more information about the Escape. There should be a sub forum for this ship, the way the RC board has for Quantum. A thread for new info about the ship and other topics.

We are booked for April 2016. Is it just me or does it seem NCL is taking it slower in giving info about this ship. Seems that the info on the Breakaway was constant.

I felt like the Breakaway news was slow in coming out also. It seems like a vast majority of the news we get, accurate or not, comes from insider sources but not 'officially' from NCL. I think they get an evil kick out of reading some of the threads that are laced with speculation. :o I picture them sitting around a drafting table with erasers and cocktails in hand. "No, no, wait...I've got it! Let's put a pool inside the Solo Lounge and provide rubber duckies. And get rid of the main pool. It's taking up too much real estate. Let's get another specialty restaurant in there instead. Does anyone have Gordon Ramsey's number?"

Personally, I'm enjoying all the posts on this thread and even though I'm not sailing on the TA, I still get a symbiotic thrill from reading others' posts.

Carry on......:cool:

Ali

I meant to type the Escape's itinerary. Sorry, I will do my very best in the future to grammatically please you. I forgot,you decided to duck and run.:eek:

I'm sorry for the off topic precruise ramble. It's just that the NCL news feed dried up..

Although I am not an insider I scour the internet for anything Escape related, like snapshots made by tourist visiting the ship yard etc. Unfortunately so far Escape is still being some series of cut steel plates stored somewhere on the ship yard. Or being constructed off site.

When they float out QotS around july/august we should see to appear some Escape blocks and a keel laying ceremony hopefully!

I agree that it's be nice if Cruise Critic create an Escape sub-forum so more questions and be posted seperately. I posted the request to the Help Forum.

I'm sorry for the off topic precruise ramble. It's just that the NCL news feed dried up..

Although I am not an insider I scour the internet for anything Escape related, like snapshots made by tourist visiting the ship yard etc. Unfortunately so far Escape is still being some series of cut steel plates stored somewhere on the ship yard. Or being constructed off site.

When they float out QotS around july/august we should see to appear some Escape blocks and a keel laying ceremony hopefully!

Thank you much for it. Personally, I enjoy "Everything" related to the Escape including how to get to the Escape, enjoy the Escape, and expressions of enthusiasm for the Escape. :D It keep this thread from falling off the forum page :)

Some folk may think it's simply not worth it to travel all the way to Europe just to sail her immediately back until they realize how easy it is to get around many European countries like I first learned with Breakaway.

Edited by kylenyc