Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I meant to type the Escape's itinerary. Sorry, I will do my very best in the future to grammatically please you. I forgot,you decided to duck and run.:eek:

It has nothing to do with grammar, and you just did it again. I also meant AN itinerary of the Escape, not THE itinerary of the Escape. Maybe they should change to that map of Germany for the hull art since that is THE itinerary.

I'm just making a point since some of us were feeling like the post got hijacked. It's been made clear that it hasn't. Should there be any new news about the ship, I will be sure to start a new thread so I don't interrupt this one about THE itinerary. I'm cool with that. Carry on.

Edited by LrgPizza

It has nothing to do with grammar, and you just did it again. I also meant AN itinerary of the Escape, not THE itinerary of the Escape. Maybe they should change to that map of Germany for the hull art since that is THE itinerary.

I'm just making a point since some of us were feeling like the post got hijacked. It's been made clear that it hasn't. Should there be any new news about the ship, I will be sure to start a new thread so I don't interrupt this one about THE itinerary. I'm cool with that. Carry on.

She did it again because that is what she meant to say - sorry if that doesn't please you. I'm glad you're cool with this thread the way it was meant to be. Everything Escape! :)

She did it again because that is what she meant to say - sorry if that doesn't please you. I'm glad you're cool with this thread the way it was meant to be. Everything Escape! :)

Absolutely! For a minute I thought it was a discussion of trains in Germany, but I see I misread. Everything Escape should include all it's itineraries, not just THE itinerary. Or maybe that poster doesn't realize that the ship will go other places also? Who knows. That's where the word choice is bizarre and misleading, but who cares? I can also call this the NCL ship, as if there aren't any others, and I suppose that would be correct too, even though it would sound stupid. If I made a post, "Are you sailing on the itinerary on the ship?" I'd be willing to bet people wouldn't know to what I refer. But keep telling me I'm wrong. *rolls eyes*

Edited by LrgPizza

Don't bite me on the offtopic railroad map, such posts belong in a roll call yes. :) We all look forward to new and exciting news about the Escape, I am sorry that my post wasn't that.

My idea of an Everything.. thread on a newbuild is that it focuses on the news, our speculation, the building process, the decks and public spaces, first sailings/the inaugeral season and what comes to mind. I hope that I contribute enough to that without being biten. ;)

Don't bite me on the offtopic railroad map, such posts belong in a roll call yes. :) We all look forward to new and exciting news about the Escape, I am sorry that my post wasn't that.

My idea of an Everything.. thread on a newbuild is that it focuses on the news, our speculation, the building process, the decks and public spaces, first sailings/the inaugeral season and what comes to mind. I hope that I contribute enough to that without being biten. ;)

Personally, I think you are great, and I look forward to sailing with you.

Some factual dates, with a sparkle of speculation:

Breakaway:

Steel cutting Sep 21, 2011

Keel laying May 4, 2012

Float out Feb 26, 2013

Delivery Apr 25, 2013

Total build time to delivery: 18 months

Getaway:

Steel cutting May 4, 2012

Keel laying Oct 30, 2012

Float out Nov 2, 2013

Delivery Jan 10, 2014

Total build time to delivery: 22 months

Escape:

Steel cutting March 20, 2014

Keel laying Aug/Sept? 2014 (when Royal's Quantum of the Seas will float out)

Float out summer? 2015

Delivery Aug/Sept? 2015

Bliss:

Steel cutting Sept? 2015

Keel laying Feb? 2016

Float out Jan? 2017

Delivery spring 2017

Total build time to delivery: 18 months?

I hope all dates/months are correct.

Breakaway:

Steel cutting Sep 21, 2011

Keel laying May 4, 2012

Float out Feb 26, 2013

Delivery Apr 25, 2013

Getaway:

Steel cutting May 4, 2012

Keel laying Oct 30, 2012

Float out Nov 2, 2013

Delivery Jan 10, 2014

Total build time to delivery: 22 months

Escape:

Steel cutting March 20, 2014

Keel laying Aug/Sept? 2014 (when Royal's Quantum of the Seas will float out)

Float out summer? 2015

Delivery Aug/Sept? 2015

Bliss:

Steel cutting Sept? 2015

Keel laying Feb? 2016

Float out Jan? 2017

Delivery spring 2017

"Sparkle of speculation" can be fun.... ;)

Did the originally announced transatlantic dates of either the Breakaway or Getaway ever change? I keep wondering how set-in-stone this Escape date is.

Yes, the Getaway had a change of date and itinerary because it was charted for the Super Bowl.

Yes, the Getaway had a change of date and itinerary because it was charted for the Super Bowl.

Okay. I knew it went to New York instead of Miami, but I didn't know that had changed the departure date from Southampton. Thanks.

Bliss:

Steel cutting Sept? 2015

Keel laying Feb? 2016

Float out Jan? 2017

Delivery spring 2017

Oooooo - Spring 2017 for the Bliss! That is going to work out great for us for a TA! I hope you're right :D

Okay. I knew it went to New York instead of Miami, but I didn't know that had changed the departure date from Southampton. Thanks.

From memory, it was originally scheduled to leave Rotterdam on the day it actually left Southampton, so if someone had travel arranged to arrive at Southampton based on the original dates then they'd have been a couple of days late.

The Getaway must have left Rotterdam quite a bit earlier than originally scheduled as it had two one nighters from Southampton as well before the TA.

Whilst nothing is certain, this one looks less likely to be changed in my opinion, as they seem to have scheduled everything including those pre TA one nighters in both Southampton and Hamburg. A cynic would suggest that NCL would be less willing to annoy a load of travel agents by messing around with dates than the likes of us,

I'd still wait until next year before booking too much that can't be cancelled though.

Edit: I just checked and the itinerary changes were announced 5 months out, which is very late. It shows that you can never be sure, but it's rare for changes that late in my experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by KeithJenner

From memory, it was originally scheduled to leave Rotterdam on the day it actually left Southampton, so if someone had travel arranged to arrive at Southampton based on the original dates then they'd have been a couple of days late.

The Getaway must have left Rotterdam quite a bit earlier than originally scheduled as it had two one nighters from Southampton as well before the TA.

Whilst nothing is certain, this one looks less likely to be changed in my opinion, as they seem to have scheduled everything including those pre TA one nighters in both Southampton and Hamburg. A cynic would suggest that NCL would be less willing to annoy a load of travel agents by messing around with dates than the likes of us,

I'd still wait until next year before booking too much that can't be cancelled though.

Oh, definitely. I don't plan to book anything for a long time, I was just curious. Heck, we will have a few other vacations before that, so I'm not doing much planning yet at all. I was just curious. Thanks for the info.

Oooooo - Spring 2017 for the Bliss! That is going to work out great for us for a TA! I hope you're right :D

Yup, Bliss is scheduled for a spring 2017 delivery.

"The Company also has two larger "Breakaway Plus" vessels on order for delivery in the fall of 2015 and spring of 2017."

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_100813

And don't forget about Epic's half powered Rotterdam - Southampton. New ship smell comes at a cost.. ;)

Epic was built in France where there were labor issues and stoppages. I anticipate no such issues with our sailing.

Breakaway/Getaway were built by Meyer Werft, Germany (and is Escape/Bliss, and as was most of NCL's fleet) and launched without a hitch on time with no changes to the launch date of the maiden transatlantic voyage. Thre was only non-disruptive minor tweaking being done Getaway that I barely even noticed. Getaway's transatlantic destination did changed due to it being chartered for Super Bowl but hopefully no such event coincides with our sailing. The 1-Day mini-cruises did change for Getaway in an unusually way. A 1-Day Southampton CTN did get chartered by Virgin Holidays so if you didn't have a reservation then you were too late. So, be sure to make reservations for mini-cruise as soon as possible in case some big company swoops in to charter them.

sorry, off topic again, but no news from escape :D

What would you suggest we see in Hamburg?

http://www.miniatur-wunderland.com/ watch the youtube video on the site, this place alone is a visit worth.

http://www.hamburg-travel.com/attractions/ some tourism information in english

if you like you can ask about more in the roll call thread.

The two day Hamburg to Southampton and one night CTN from Southampton are now available to book on the UK site.

There is no option for a combined three day cruise at the moment. I don't know whether that will come, or whether they need booking separately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gosh I wish everyone would stop apologizing for their posts. There is really no need. This thread is about EVERYTHING....ESCAPE for the time being and everyone is free to post anything they like, whether anyone wants to gripe about it or not. The negativity gets really tiresome. If you don't like this thread, tirade elsewhere please.

Thank you FreestyleNovice, for starting this thread, and thank you to everyone that has contributed with a positive post.

And now, on a lighter note, I noticed today that a certain big box membership store has in it's description of the amenities on the Escape the term "Self Service Laundromat". :eek::confused::rolleyes:

And now, on a lighter note, I noticed today that a certain big box membership store has in it's description of the amenities on the Escape the term "Self Service Laundromat". :eek::confused::rolleyes:

Just how I want to spend my vacation.:rolleyes: I hope it has a hot tub and a bar.

Gosh I wish everyone would stop apologizing for their posts. There is really no need. This thread is about EVERYTHING....ESCAPE for the time being and everyone is free to post anything they like, whether anyone wants to gripe about it or not. The negativity gets really tiresome. If you don't like this thread, tirade elsewhere please.

Thank you FreestyleNovice, for starting this thread, and thank you to everyone that has contributed with a positive post.

Who had a tirade?? :confused:

I rang NCL Europe to book the 2 nighter from Hamburg & the 1 nighter from Southampton yesterday & the agent was very surprised I was thinking of taking children.

I asked if it was because he thought it would be a 'booze cruise' & he replied probably yes. He said he'd had quite a few bookings, mainly from Germans happy to have a new ship sailing from Hamburg, & no-one was taking children.

Has anyone been on a 2/3 nighter before? Are they that bad for people getting really drunk?

Thanks,

Michelle.:)