Drinks inluded in cruise package?

We are getting ready for our first cruise on Adventure of the Seas this May to the South Caribbean. What drinks are included (free) when dining in the Main Dining Room and Windjammer for breakfast/lunch/dinner?

We are getting ready for our first cruise on Adventure of the Seas this May to the South Caribbean. What drinks are included (free) when dining in the Main Dining Room and Windjammer for breakfast/lunch/dinner?

Drinks with no extra charge: tap water, coffee, hot tea, lemonade, iced tea, milk, juice drinks (not fresh squeezed) at breakfast. Some ships also have flavored waters.

For those who are British lemonade is not sparkling. It is like robinsons diet lemon squash made very weakly. Iced tea is a similar artificially sweetened drink which is neither iced nor tea

On the ships on which we have cruised, the iced tea is not sweetened.

I think we call that Sprite or 7UP over here :D:o

No no no !

Sprite or 7 up is a lemon and lime drink. Nothing like lemonade (at all) and not suitable in anyway for making Pimms! or indeed for any cocktails or mixer drinks.

Not to self- remember to take lemonade as well as tonic on next trip

Edited by Barnaby100

There's a big difference between US iced tea and UK iced tea.

And there's a big difference between mixed iced tea and in the northern US (and on cruises) and the brewed southern US version.

The cruise ships make iced tea from concentrate. IIRC, they refer to it and the lemonade as "sugar free", but not necessarily "unsweetened". My own observation is that between putting too much water in the mix and putting a lot of ice in the glasses, the drinks taste fairly weak and not sweet anyway.

To answer the OPs question, we never buy a drink package and always find lots to drink at anytime.

Drinks with no extra charge: tap water, coffee, hot tea, lemonade, iced tea, milk, juice drinks (not fresh squeezed) at breakfast. Some ships also have flavored waters.

Also hot chocolate and chocolate milk, sometimes fruit punch. Milk may not be out in view, but just ask.

Don't forget that you can bring on 1 bottle of wine PP without a fee .

You may also bring aboard your own non-alcoholic drinks such as sodas , water and juices .

Edited by richstowe

Don't forget that you can bring on 1 bottle of wine PP without a fee .

You may also bring aboard your own non-alcoholic drinks such as sodas , water and juices .

Two bottles of wine per stateroom, no matter how many guests in the stateroom.

For those who are British lemonade is not sparkling. It is like robinsons diet lemon squash made very weakly. Iced tea is a similar artificially sweetened drink which is neither iced nor tea

This made me LOL, I'm British (and now American), the local Texans are no more keen on my idea of tea than I am on theirs!

Is it correct that we can bring our own water and soda on board? I've only seen mention of the wine and we are not drinkers.

...Is it correct that we can bring our own water and soda on board? I've only seen mention of the wine and we are not drinkers.

It's technically against the rules to bring water and soda, but frequently allowed.

This made me LOL, I'm British (and now American), the local Texans are no more keen on my idea of tea than I am on theirs!

Is it correct that we can bring our own water and soda on board? I've only seen mention of the wine and we are not drinkers.

Same to the first part, I used to visit California frequently for work a few years ago. Tea is very different wherever you go in the world.

And there's no official policy on wine and soda but generally it's fine to bring a case of either onboard as long as it's not excessive

Same to the first part, I used to visit California frequently for work a few years ago. Tea is very different wherever you go in the world.

And there's no official policy on wine and soda but generally it's fine to bring a case of either onboard as long as it's not excessive

I'm pretty sure you meant water... :) I expect that bringing a case of wine onboard would elicit some looks!

Yes, there is an official policy - it's on Royal's website. See below. But as Clarea has stated above, many ships seem to overlook the soda and water.

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A:

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use on boarding day or while in port. Alcoholic beverages seized on boarding day will not be returned.