Disembarkation / luggage terminal

DrJW

i have met several past cruise line passengers who when they disembarked to collect their luggage.. It was not there.. 😩!!

Possibly , mistakenly picked up by other passengers!

Is there no way for either Oceania or terminal authority personnel could have staff available to insure that as passengers leave the terminal that the luggage on the carts or being carried is theirs? Or would this be too cumbersome to do....sure would save a lot of disappointment !

Is this really a problem? Fortunately in about 25 cruises we've never had this happen. I feel like there are enough real problems with traveling and while it's good to anticipate solutions for when issues arise I try not to create a problem where there's not one.

I have not had my luggage go missing & Yes I have seen the same suitcases in the terminal

I am really wondering if you are really a MR DOOM & GLOOM person or just trying to create topics for controversy :confused:

I doubt you will enjoy Oceania but I would like to be proven wrong

Lyn

The problem, although rare, does exist. Just recently I read a post where someone told of having to pay $200 to have their luggage sent back to them after someone else had taken it home by mistake.

When the luggage is in the terminal, both pre and post cruise, local rules to protect staff jobs mean cruise lines cannot be in charge.

Having staff doesn't always help deal with other peoples carelessness. Many years ago my suitcase was taken off a coach by another passenger at a previous stop. When challenged by the driver she insisted the case was hers and held on to that belief right up until she got home and tried to open it!

My OH once took someone else's (admittedly identical) canvas bag from a carousel and blamed me for putting the wrong stuff inside it :D :D. The penny took a little while to drop!

Lesson learned I now use the brightly coloured ribbon and neon luggage tag method mentioned above and we each pack our own bags. We also check that our name is on the tags.

For our next cruise I'm seriously thinking of getting either multi coloured or red luggage because when you get to the terminal and are faced with a sea of black suitcases it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.