Which Carnival ships have Broadway style shows?

mdwcruises

They are compared more to Vegas than to Broadway. There aren't really any Broadway shows on Carnival, like you have on a couple other cruiselines.

But with that said, in regards to shows that have singing & dancing with a theme surrounding it, the best of the best is quite clearly the Dream. Dancing in the Streets (best show that Carnival has on any ship), a country show, & a motown show. Triumph is another favorite of mine (a cultural themed show, and a New Orleans theme).

If these kinds of shows matter to you, then you should absolutely not go on any ship that has Playlist Productions. These shows are on half of Carnival's ships, so you need to do the research and choose carefully. Breeze is one of the worst, as they have the worst of the Playlist shows. There are a couple Playlist shows that have gotten decent reviews, but even those will have no live music (they just pipe in the music from a record or an 8-track player), shows will be very short, have very few performers, and have almost no props. This is true of all Playlist shows.

We really liked the 88 keys show on the freedom last week but everyone's likes and dislikes vary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going on the Freedom in February can you tell me more about entertainment in the evening. Do they have something to do every evening? Thanks so much in advance

Ruthann

Thank you guys!

Yes I meant Vegas style. I know they are cheesy but I really enjoy them. :p I will check out Freedom. Too bad both Dream and Triumph have moved out of my driving range. I liked Breeze but not the shows. My cousin sailed on Destiny and said the show was pretty good. A big red talking couch, something like that. Maybe Sunshine?

Do they have something to do every evening? Thanks so much in advance

Ruthann

Ruthann,

Yes and no. There is something to do every evening. However, some of those things include the aforementioned subpar Playlist Productions. We've sailed the Freedom a number of times and enjoyed it up until our most recent cruise which had the new entertainment format... really stunk up the joint.

If you have the option, do yourself a favor and pick a cruise that does NOT include Playlist Productions.

Brian

Thank you guys!

Yes I meant Vegas style. I know they are cheesy but I really enjoy them. :p I will check out Freedom. Too bad both Dream and Triumph have moved out of my driving range. I liked Breeze but not the shows. My cousin sailed on Destiny and said the show was pretty good. A big red talking couch, something like that. Maybe Sunshine?

No to the Sunshine. It uses Playlist Productions. It has Epic Rock, which sounds to be better than what's on Breeze, but it's still a Playlist Productions show. Plus, their theater is quite tiny. They shrunk it from when it used to be the Destiny. People have been reporting that it gets overly packed, until half the people start walking out in the middle of the shows. So when Destiny became Sunshine, it got the worse shows, more guests, and a smaller theater.

Previous poster mentioned that Freedom also was given Playlist Productions earlier this year. It got a new show. Like Epic Rock, it might go over better than the others, but it is still Playlist Productions.

I'm going on Splendor in less than 2 weeks. Reports are that it has very good shows. I'll find out for myself. And for the winter, I'll be bringing the ship to Miami for you. Liberty still has the good shows. But despite hanging onto the good shows, she still got the branded burger & burrito place that many cruisers cannot live without.

We really liked the 88 keys show on the freedom last week but everyone's likes and dislikes vary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on the Freedom in August, and people can trash the Playlist Productions all they want, but I agree that 88 Keys was a good! I thought it was one of the better shows I've seen in the main theater lounge.

Agree. We are looking forward to our Victory cruise in two weeks. No 2.0 upgrades...but there is a live show with band. I think....I hope. :)

On our September 2014 cruise the Victory had playlist productions with no live band. Sorry :(

The best shows I have seen this year were on the Liberty in January....the live band makes a big difference IMO.

Ruthann,

Yes and no. There is something to do every evening. However, some of those things include the aforementioned subpar Playlist Productions. We've sailed the Freedom a number of times and enjoyed it up until our most recent cruise which had the new entertainment format... really stunk up the joint.

If you have the option, do yourself a favor and pick a cruise that does NOT include Playlist Productions.

Brian

Thanks Brian I already am booked on the Freedom will make the best of it or maybe get a little more sleep than I had planned

I'm going on Splendor in less than 2 weeks. Reports are that it has very good shows. I'll find out for myself. And for the winter, I'll be bringing the ship to Miami for you. Liberty still has the good shows. But despite hanging onto the good shows, she still got the branded burger & burrito place that many cruisers cannot live without.

I hope Splendor turns out good. That is the ship I want to try next.

Ncl has the broadway shows. Rock of ages on breakaway. Mamma Mia I believe on getaway

Not 100% sure about the getaway show however

100% sure about breakaway though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep! Both NCL and RCI have great shows on their newer ships.

On our September 2014 cruise the Victory had playlist productions with no live band. Sorry :(

The best shows I have seen this year were on the Liberty in January....the live band makes a big difference IMO.

Dagnabit. :-( oh well. For the price we paid and the fact we are not at work, it's time to carry on. 7 days to cruise!! :-)

They are compared more to Vegas than to Broadway.

Carnival is not allowed to use the word 'Broadway' in any print/visual media, even in minor comparison.

Carnival (unless they chose to pony up some dough and increase the production quality) was forced to rather quickly remove all references to Broadway-produced show elements within their main theatre shows.

Made it quite tough on one particular cruise director who had to deal with the loss of two onboard shows at that time.

A big red talking couch, something like that?

Oh please, NOT the talking couch! That thing is/was awful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app