Boat shoes

goblue1981

So I'm cruising in October and I'm looking to get some boat shoes to wear on the boat/everywhere. Looking for some suggestions. What do you wear? Fav pair? Best bang for the buck? (Cost isn't an issue really but why pay more than you need to) thanks for the input!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had croc sandals before and loved them, also had some crocs dressish shoes that I loved. I was looking the croc boat shoes, but also have been looking at the sebago, rockport and others. Looking for comfortable and something I can wear with shorts or pants

I wear flip flops almost all day.. at night, I wear heels! You do NOT need "boat" shoes on a cruise ship, unless you like them!

Not sure my wife would appreciate me wearing heels at night.......

I know I don't "have" to have boat shoes...I want them.

I find Sperry topsiders to be uncomfortable - no supportive insole. And I need a supportive insole! My husband has some fabulous Tommy Bahama boat shoe/loafer combos from the Nordstrom sale a few years ago -very comfy! We both like Rockport as well though he doesn't have any of the boat shoe style (I think my FIL does, however).

Another brand to try (obv you're going to want to buy what is most comfortable on you:p) is Bass. At a slightly lower price point (on sale at Macys) is a Skechers version. http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/skechers-mens-usa-relaxed-fit-berdon-messi-boat-shoes-from-finish-line?ID=1560077&pla_country=US&CAWELAID=120156340000569976&CAGPSPN=pla&cm_mmc=Google_Mens_Shoes_Corp_PLA-_-Mens_Shoes_Brands_Under_Armour_PLA_Under_Armour_PLA-_-26461169474-_-mkwid_nVfF24MZ|dc_26461169474%7C-%7CnVfF24MZ

I like this Tommy Bahama http://www.zappos.com/tommy-bahama-relaxology-boat-shoe-beige?ef_id=VAPLKQAAAWu0@yET:20140901012601:s

There are boat shoes everywhere. Start trying them on to see which fit you like :D

My husband buys his at Sears and they are really nice quality .. I don't remember the brand, but I think it is the only boat shoes that they have. I know they look nice and wear well.

I wish I could wear them too .. but even sperry don't fit me.

Also considering toms...discuss :)

The soles have no grip, can be slippery when wet. When they get wet the insides get very wonky as they seem to be a covered heavy duty cardboard- type material.

Also Birkenstocks aren't good. Don't want the cork foot beds getting wet.

Edited by SadieN