What do you drink your smuggled alcohol in?

DaveG99

We don't smuggle alcohol onto a ship.

We are fortunate that HAL always us to buy alcohol for incabin consumption. And we do not make drinks to take out of our cabin. That alcohol is for when we sit out on the verandah.

When in the dining room and the lounges -- we buy drinks.

JMO

We don't smuggle alcohol onto a ship.

We are fortunate that HAL always us to buy alcohol for incabin consumption. And we do not make drinks to take out of our cabin. That alcohol is for when we sit out on the verandah.

When in the dining room and the lounges -- we buy drinks.

JMO

Thanks for the reply but that doesnt answer the question I asked.

What do you carry around the ship to drink your liquor in?

One of these?

47.jpg

I plan on getting the soda card thing. I guess they give you a cup for that right?

Welcome to CC! You can take anything from home or just use a glass provided on the ship.

Not sure which cruise line you're on, but RC does give a mug when you purchase the soda package.

Since you can carry drinks to and from anywhere on the ship, if you use a ship's glass, they don't know where it came from...just don't take GLASS on the pool deck....glass and pools and bare feet do NOT mix!

If Im at the pool I could bring my own insulated mug up there right?

BTW this isnt my first time cruising. I went on the voyager of the seas back in 2002 when it was new. But I didnt smuggle alcohol that time. I spent $400 on a bar tab though.

If Im at the pool I could bring my own insulated mug up there right?

BTW this isnt my first time cruising. I went on the voyager of the seas back in 2002 when it was new. But I didnt smuggle alcohol that time. I spent $400 on a bar tab though.

...you can. No one will stop you, inspect your drink, or even pay attention. (Note: Just like you, we learned an expensive lesson...a $520 bar tab many moons ago.)

I previously posted this and got a few comments and smiles:

* If you're sailing on a ship that serves sorbet...ask for it in a glass instead of a cone. :) The strawberry sorbet is great with rum.

* At breakfast, order extra glasses of orange juice...great with vodka.

* And the best...have you ever had that "cold soup" for dinner? I've asked my waiter to deliver a few of those pineapple/coconut soup to our cabin. Mix it with rum or vodka...best drink you'll ever have on the ship! :) Happy Sailing!

If we are allowed wine, we bring regular drinking clear plastic cups and take them to dinner. After dinner we just leave them on the table for waiters to toss.

People walk around with glasses all over the ship, nobody ever said or asked anything, neither crew nor other passengers.

I order a bitter lemon or something like it and take the glass back to my cabin, where i fill it with Vodka :D and then just buy the mixers for the booze. Lots of people walk around with glasses in their hands. Nobody bothers.

I just tossed one of the clear glass cups from our room into my beach bag/purse with a rum runner and (discretely) made my own mix drinks after ordering an OJ or Coke.

And to the haters- Yes, I did order drinks from the bar sometimes too $

I ask for a cup at the bar they don't question why I don't want anything in it. 1st cruise I brought along a large thermal cup like in the picture but didn't want to carry it around or go back to the cabin to put it away when I was done with my drink. So I just started using the bar cups and when I was finished put it on the bar or handed it back then got another cup before going to bed so I'd have a fresh one to start the following day.

I buy one of the ship's medium sized plastic cups. I also get a soft drink sticker. When leaving the suite, the cup is full of ice and the first 2 shots of scotch. I go to one of the bars and have them fill it with my soda. For refills, I carry 2 or 3 miniatures with more of the same in my pocket. The next load of ice is from the bar along with the soda. The miniatures come from the free minibar that comes with the suite. At dinner I do buy a bottle of wine for me and the wife. The scotch and vodka are carried in our checked baggage.

I buy one of the ship's medium sized plastic cups. I also get a soft drink sticker. When leaving the suite, the cup is full of ice and the first 2 shots of scotch. I go to one of the bars and have them fill it with my soda. For refills, I carry 2 or 3 miniatures with more of the same in my pocket. The next load of ice is from the bar along with the soda. The miniatures come from the free minibar that comes with the suite. At dinner I do buy a bottle of wine for me and the wife. The scotch and vodka are carried in our checked baggage.

Virgin liquor smuggler here LOL

How do you bring the scotch & vodka in your checked baggage? Are they in their original bottles or do you put them in different containers? I was under the impression that the cruise line looked in your luggage using the scanners that they go through before they deliver them to your cabin. Any ideas?

I bring them in the original Plastic bottles. Glass bottles have lead in the glass which will show up if scanned. Princess and Holland America do not scan your checked bags. That is where we have put them many times. 1.5 liter bottles are what we take. Never had an issue.

I bring them in the original Plastic bottles. Glass bottles have lead in the glass which will show up if scanned. Princess and Holland America do not scan your checked bags. That is where we have put them many times. 1.5 liter bottles are what we take. Never had an issue.

Do you know about Carnival? I never thought of the plastic bottles!! Such a smart idea!!! Do you bring them on the plane in checked luggage or just buy them prior to arriving at the port?

• 4 weeks later...

after reading many posts on smuggling, i decided to try the following:

1) buy a six pack of A&W rootbeer (because the bottles are dark and have a texture).

2) keep the entire assembly intact, remove the rootbeer and replace with adult beverage of choice.

3) reseal the cap with a drop of superglue

4) place the 6 pack into luggage.

sounds like a hassle but i'm cheap and don't want to pay the ship's prices for an alcoholic beverage. i'll re-post after the cruise and let ya'll know the results!

Archived