ms Oosterdam in Juneau July 25, 2017

Scrapnana

Unfortunately Oosterdam will have to tender today because Silver Discoverer is occupying her usual CT dock (what's with that?:confused:). Oosterdam will be in port from 1300-2100.

Also in port are the aforementioned Silver Discoverer at the CT dock from 0700-2230, Norwegian Jewel (0700-1330) and Pearl (1400-2200) doing their trade off of the AJ dock, Millennium (0700-2130) at the AS dock, and Coral Princess (0800-2115) at the FKL dock.

Once again there is only a 10% chance of rain but it is supposed to be cloudy all day. High should be 65F/18C and the low 53F/12C. Sunrise will be at 4:33 am and sunset at 9:33 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

Oostie passing Gambier Bay on the south-east coast of big Admiralty Island while inside Stephens Passage. You would think that, being a regular caller at Juneau, and being much bigger than the Silver Italians, the Juneau harbor master would assign her the CT berth. Strange decision

How early are docks assigned? I know the schedule can change but with more ships in Alaska I would like to make sure that my itinerary in the future does not include the AJ dock or tendering. i used to think HAL got the best docks. That is not always the case this year.

Just past Thane.

I was wondering if anyone else is watching. This will be short and hopefully sweet. At least AIS is back to normal.

I'll be watching a little closer since I'll be on the Oosterdam now for 5 days instead of just one night.

Roy

I was wondering if anyone else is watching. This will be short and hopefully sweet. At least AIS is back to normal.

I'll be watching a little closer since I'll be on the Oosterdam now for 5 days instead of just one night.

Roy

I always try to be here, sometimes my afternoon nap interferes with my posting - like today. With AIS working fine, I didn't feel the need to keep the fanatics updated like yesterday. [Plus I wasn't as tired yesterday.]

ETA: Oostie in sight but moving behind Jewel(?).

I'm surprised to see NCL's bow facing in - she always docks the other way. She must have needed maintenance or lifeboat drills on opposite side.

I wonder if that will make this evening's NCL swap a bit more difficult.

Doesn't look like we'll get a zoom on the Oosterdam.

Roy

I wonder if that will make this evening's NCL swap a bit more difficult.

Doesn't look like we'll get a zoom on the Oosterdam.

Roy

That swap should take place in a couple of hours. [1330]

And here is webcam person.