Decorating Cabin Door

scrapycruiser

It's allowed but please don't use tape. On the Royal, the person across from us put up Halloween decorations on their door and the wall beside their door. When they took it down, paint came off and left a big mark in the wall. I was so mad they did that to a brand new ship.

Edited by akeasley

Use plain magnets. Sometimes, sad to say, cute or interesting magnets can "disappear." Magnets are also great for tacking notices, information or anything you want on the wall. I use them to tack my tour tickets, M&G roll call stuff, Platinum/Elite lounge invite, etc. next to the desk.

Edited by Pam in CA

I use that tacky stuff (I know, very technical term) that you have to pull and pull for it to get tacky and place it on the back of what I am putting on the door. It works very well and doesn't leave a residue. Sorry I can't remember the name of it right now.

I use that tacky stuff (I know, very technical term) that you have to pull and pull for it to get tacky and place it on the back of what I am putting on the door. It works very well and doesn't leave a residue. Sorry I can't remember the name of it right now.

3M Command strips?

Happy to see this question (and the answers!). I was on Disney Dream last May and went a bit bonkers with the door decos but they are just so darn fun. I won't go crazy (this is a whole other group of folks) but I'm glad I can put a few things on the door to make it "home-y"

Anyone have any pictures of what they've put up in the past?

Here's a picture of our door decorated with Christmas cards on the Island Princess. It was a Christmas cruise--but I've also decorated our door for other holiday cruises, such as St. Patrick's Day and Thanksgiving.

door.jpg.6306cab3f4d06a12dca1c2fcbcfa1338.jpg

For our trip to Panama, I used a tropical theme. A monkey and Palm trees, Have used flowers and pop art stickers. I go to the local dollar store that has the wall art stickers. It is so easy to find our room as long as I remember port and starboard ! hehehe

It's allowed but please don't use tape. On the Royal, the person across from us put up Halloween decorations on their door and the wall beside their door. When they took it down, paint came off and left a big mark in the wall. I was so mad they did that to a brand new ship.

I read here about someone covering the vent in the cabin door

with !!! DUCT TAPE !!!

Nice. I don't know many people who would think about putting

duct tape on the doors in their home.

Happy to see this question (and the answers!). I was on Disney Dream last May and went a bit bonkers with the door decos but they are just so darn fun. I won't go crazy (this is a whole other group of folks) but I'm glad I can put a few things on the door to make it "home-y"

Anyone have any pictures of what they've put up in the past?

Well, I can't find my picture..but...

I put a sign on my door with a picture of the movie poster An Affair to Remember and words below it that said: Yes, George Clooney, you have found your room...come on in!

Got lots of comments from fellow female passengers to let them know if it worked :D

Well, I can't find my picture..but...

I put a sign on my door with a picture of the movie poster An Affair to Remember and words below it that said: Yes, George Clooney, you have found your room...come on in!

Got lots of comments from fellow female passengers to let them know if it worked :D

OMG. ah-mazing!!

The cheapie magnets I took for my door sign didn't seem to work so well, so the cabin steward taped it up for me. We saved our fun magnets for inside our cabin.

The door sign was nice as we didn't have to look at the cabin numbers, just walk in the right direction.

The cheapie magnets I took for my door sign didn't seem to work so well' date=' so the cabin steward taped it up for me. We saved our fun magnets for inside our cabin.

The door sign was nice as we didn't have to look at the cabin numbers, just walk in the right direction.[/quote']

He didn't use duct tape did he???? :eek:

Love to decorate our door...do it every cruise...I use the blue painters tape doubled over and it sticks well and does not leave a residue! I often hear people stop in the hall and comment on our door....fun and cheap mood setter...

I do use magnets and command stripes inside the cabin...very handy...

Enjoy ...

Thanks for the information on this thread, and to OP for starting it. Oldest ds and I will be taking our family's first Princess cruise in May, and I didn't even think about making magnets. We've cruised Disney in the past and we always go nuts with the magnets. Now that I know it's okay to do this on Princess, I have to get to work...