Parking in New Orleans??

kg4pit

Yes.....Fulton Place. We've used it twice with no problems at all and would use it again in a heartbeat. We've also parked at the cruise terminal. For the savings, it is so worth it.

The staff has always been great....friendly and really helpful.

If you are good at searching the internet you can most likely find a code for an additional $5 off.

I second Fulton garage. Just the other side of the convention center. Could park at the terminal, but I'd rather let the shuttle bus driver contend with the traffic [emoji3]

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

We will be cruising out of NO in a few months and plan to use them.

Hi Stu- (golfadj) who do you plan to use? I miss your photo from your golfadj member account with most of Sheila cut out of the picture :)

I have done both Fulton and at the port for parking. Fulton is nice for the price but you have to bring your luggage down from the garage to the shuttle and when they drop you off you have to bring the luggage to a porter. Which is not all that bad. Now when you get back is the other thing. You have to wait for the shuttle to come get you to bring you back to the garage and this could be quick or very slow depending on the people on the cruise that are also parked there. Also when the shuttle drops you off at the garage your luggage stays at the curb while you go get your vehicle, unless that has changed since I last used Fulton. Parking at the port is VERY convenient. As soon as you pull in the porters are there to take your luggage then you find a parking spot. Getting off the ship is just as easy.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think at Fulton if you are in the covered section it cost a little more. The port parking is one price no matter where you park just gotta hope you find a covered spot, if thats what you may want. I like my vehicles to be covered IMO. Hope this helps!

I have done both Fulton and at the port for parking. Fulton is nice for the price but you have to bring your luggage down from the garage to the shuttle and when they drop you off you have to bring the luggage to a porter. Which is not all that bad. Now when you get back is the other thing. You have to wait for the shuttle to come get you to bring you back to the garage and this could be quick or very slow depending on the people on the cruise that are also parked there. Also when the shuttle drops you off at the garage your luggage stays at the curb while you go get your vehicle, unless that has changed since I last used Fulton. Parking at the port is VERY convenient. As soon as you pull in the porters are there to take your luggage then you find a parking spot. Getting off the ship is just as easy.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think at Fulton if you are in the covered section it cost a little more. The port parking is one price no matter where you park just gotta hope you find a covered spot, if thats what you may want. I like my vehicles to be covered IMO. Hope this helps!

LSU_Tiger you are correct. We have parked at the garage before and it is easy, but at a cost.

What I did was drop the kids and wife off at the ship with the luggage. I then drove over to the garage (literally around the block). That way I did not have to worry about dropping off the luggage.

You do have to leave the luggage down stairs when you get back to the garage but it was not an issue. I left the wife and took the kids up to the car, then just met her on the corner.

The NOLA garage at the port is the easiest that I have parked at, but for me saving $12 a day is worth parking across the street. Now that the kids are a little older it makes it even easier.

If I had older or real young travelers or mobility issues, I would park at the port garage.

Parking at the port is VERY convenient. As soon as you pull in the porters are there to take your luggage then you find a parking spot. Getting off the ship is just as easy.

Not so convenient during Mardi Gras. On our early February cruise on the Dream, it took our shuttle bus driver 20-25 minutes to get from the Fulton garage to the terminal. And she KNEW which streets to take. Hate to think how long it wold have taken me to get there....

Not so convenient during Mardi Gras. On our early February cruise on the Dream, it took our shuttle bus driver 20-25 minutes to get from the Fulton garage to the terminal. And she KNEW which streets to take. Hate to think how long it wold have taken me to get there....

Dang it! I knew I should've put a disclaimer about Mardi Gras. LOL

I'm thinking of getting a family member to drop us off because we live less than an hour away from the port and I could use that $$$ to spend other places!

You are correct that if you cruise out of NOLA during Mardi Gras season traffic will be a pain. So get there early!!!!

Also, look into hotel stay and cruise packages in NOLA. You may be able to spend a night in NOLA before the cruise and leave your car with them for the week for a few dollars more than the parking garage. I have never done this but I know its out there.

Dang it! I knew I should've put a disclaimer about Mardi Gras. LOL

Yeah, Mardi Gras does tend to mess things up sometimes. Glad we had FTTF and got iff the ship fast. We were told that our disembark say would have even more parades to tie up traffic. ..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last cruise out of NO we used Machu Picchu Cruise Parking. I was a little worried about the area when driving in. It doesn't appear to be the type of neighborhood where I would feel safe leaving my car, but I must say, they have a very good service. They parked our car under roof, shuttled us to and from the cruise port and had our car in the driveway ready to leave when we returned. Top Notch service and very nice people.

I booked a cruise for some friends and booked parking for them. They were impressed with MP also.

• 1 month later...
Last cruise out of NO we used Machu Picchu Cruise Parking. I was a little worried about the area when driving in. It doesn't appear to be the type of neighborhood where I would feel safe leaving my car, but I must say, they have a very good service. They parked our car under roof, shuttled us to and from the cruise port and had our car in the driveway ready to leave when we returned. Top Notch service and very nice people.

I booked a cruise for some friends and booked parking for them. They were impressed with MP also.

What is the per day charge with Machu Picchu Cruise Parking? Was there a charge for the shuttle?

• 3 weeks later...

We parked again at Fulton last week and things have changed a bit since we started using them years ago. You now pull in and will see a stop sign on Level 2 with employees there. Pull in to any open space and they will help you get your luggage out of your car, put a Fulton tag on it and they will take it down to ground level. You then go up and park and take wither the elevator or stairs down to the ground, find your luggage and stay with it so it gets on the same shuttle as you do. Our 5 day cruise covered parking was $60. The shuttle has always been waiting on us on our return and we were off the ship by 8:10 last week.

What is the per day charge with Machu Picchu Cruise Parking? Was there a charge for the shuttle?
I believe that they charge $14 per day. You can Google Machu Picchu Cruise Parking for more info.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave Fulton a bad review a few years back but I used them again last month and they are much improved. Plenty of shuttles and employees. No more walking down to the office to complete the transaction if you booked online.

For the difference in price from the port (which is great parking a stones throw from the ship), I'd highly recommend.