Oasis - New Menu Questions

Has anyone recently been on the Oasis with the new menus?

What order are they doing them in?

I am trying to decide what night(s) I'd want to do specialty dining. I don't want to miss the second formal night (lobster). Are there any nights that would be best to schedule specialty dining?

Definitely planning on Chops. Any other "not to miss" specialty restaurants?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've seen them posted on the site we can't mention. They have stopped the theme thing. Every night offers some variation of beef, chicken, fish, and pasta/Italian. Plus the usual classics every night. Plus extra cost options of beef and big lobster every night. There are also 2 entrees and a dessert each night that are "local inspired". Truthfully, no night stood out to me. But that wasn't a bad thing. The free lobster tail is on the menu for the second night.

So if you want free lobster don't miss second formal. Other than that not really sure it matters.

Giovannis is my personal fave 150 CP is pretty special for the culinary experience.

Edited by MattInFLL

I re-read my post. Just to be clear: free lobster tail is second formal night. Not second night.

I'm not a wine drinker, so I've never done 150CP wine pairing. I wound imagine you could order whatever wine is included in your package to go with the menu. But their pairing menu is definitely extra.

And I think you could guess the site. But the post I saw was in a closed Royal fan group. Someone will post them here soon if they haven't already.

Was just on Oasis, there was no sort of theming or anything with the main dining room menu's. They do have a little "local fare" section or whatever they call it with 3 items.

As another person pointed out, just check the menu's and see which nights you want to go or avoid. I can confirm the menu's posted in the link above are accurate, so there ya go!

Edited by BNBR

I saw in a post that there were 2 menus done out of order. Was this fixed or is this still happening?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The 2 that are being done out of otprder are most likely night 5 and 6 and those would switch around for second formal night based on whether the ship is doing an Eastern or a Western itinerary.

It appears like half of the options are the same every night and half changes, not very inspiring. IMHO it looks like they are trying to get guests to splurge on the pay-for venues

That's been typical for years, around 5 different entrees every night and around 5 of the "classic" entries that are the same evry night.

Edited by clarea

We're taking the 8-night Oasis cruise on November 5th. Any idea how the menus will be adjusted for an 8-night cruise?

No way to know until someone reports back from that exact itinerary.

Although a few entrees were the same, this is NOT the menu on the Liberty. We just got off the Liberty this past month and we were disappointed in the menu choices for the first time EVER. We didn't leave hungry, but it was really blah...and the electronic menu outside the MDR wasn't the same as the menu we received at the table on several occasions. We asked the waiter about it and he was totally unaware. The one on the electronic menu was the Liberty's menu when they do the Med cruise. I know, because we were on Liberty in the Med and it had better selections than the same ship doing the Caribbean.

I'm excited about the new menu's, its been too long. There are some new menu options that sound yummy! Coconut Shrimp and Jerk Chicken! I for one look forward to trying the new menu. :)

I am also a fan of having the french onion soup available every night. Yum!

• 2 weeks later...