Wow.. Pricing.. up not down.

Anyone care to speculate with me on the pricing?

We booked a 10 night on Seranade for Nov 2015. We paid $2,369 for an E2 balcony (before $200 balcony discount). We have some friends that decided they want to book and today an E3 balcony is $3,067. Wow... either we got one heck of a deal or the pricing will come back down. I'm kinda thinking we got a great deal...

We booked a 10 night on Seranade for Nov 2015. We paid $2,369 for an E2 balcony (before $200 balcony discount). We have some friends that decided they want to book and today an E3 balcony is $3,067. Wow... either we got one heck of a deal or the pricing will come back down. I'm kinda thinking we got a great deal...

Existing discussion:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2075482

The pricing is ridiculous. We haven't cruised in several years and had just started to look into itineraries when RCI had the BOGOHO sale. I should have booked then but I wasn't sure where we wanted to go. Now, with the price increase no way am I booking. It would feel like I am getting ripped off.

Hopefully, the prices will come WAY down or we will be planning a land vacation.

I stalk the website for price changes.

This is how drastically the pricing has changed in the past 10 weeks since we've booked. By the looks of it we got one heck of a deal.

Allure of the Seas - Feb 7th 2015 Western B1 Boardwalk Balcony (Stateroom total including tax for 3 of us)

All prices are in Canadian

May 19th - Canadian Residents Sale $2980 - Booked at this price

May 20th - BOGOHO Sale $3509

June 2nd - WOW Sale $3509

June 6th - BOGOHO Sale $3528

July 16th - Some 3rd psngr. discount sale $4115.76

July 25th -Some 3rd psngr. discount sale $4339

The pricing is ridiculous. We haven't cruised in several years and had just started to look into itineraries when RCI had the BOGOHO sale. I should have booked then but I wasn't sure where we wanted to go. Now, with the price increase no way am I booking. It would feel like I am getting ripped off.

Hopefully, the prices will come WAY down or we will be planning a land vacation.

You ought to try planning a land vacation in Paris or London and see what a decent hotel costs. Maybe go to a nice restaurant and see if you can walk out, with tip, for less than $80. Priced a plane ticket lately???

Cruises are still a good deal if you price and book at the right time. Just need to wait for the right price and time.

So far, I've never booked a cruise where the price dropped!

We booked a Baltic next year in May and when the BOGOHO deal came on we saved about $200 per person on our JS. We originally booked in the first hour that the itinerary was open for booking. It's now $1400 pp more.

I guess RCCL will like it if when you decide not to cruise RCCL, you choose not to cruise. But many will look at competition when RCCL has DCL prices and they can get to same ports on other lines and save a grand or more. RCCL may be better but not THAT much better.

You ought to try planning a land vacation in Paris or London and see what a decent hotel costs. Maybe go to a nice restaurant and see if you can walk out, with tip, for less than $80. Priced a plane ticket lately???

Cruises are still a good deal if you price and book at the right time. Just need to wait for the right price and time.

I agree!

We have traveled a lot and the cruises we have booked are definitely less expensive per night then our Europe, Australia, New Zealand, etc land/air travel has been. Booking balconies and even suites, they are still less.

I guess RCCL will like it if when you decide not to cruise RCCL, you choose not to cruise. But many will look at competition when RCCL has DCL prices and they can get to same ports on other lines and save a grand or more. RCCL may be better but not THAT much better.

agree 100%. I just jumped from Carnival to RCI but if future cruises on RCI are priced like Disney I'll be jumping right back.

I didn't mind paying $100-$200pp more for RCI but their pricing is not even close to Carnivals now. Heck even Princess is a lot less than RCI.

Bill

Pricing up not down! when is anything really priced down lol If it was I would already be very rich on my measly income :D

I've never had a cruise booked that didn't go down. But then I book very early (at a price I would be willing to pay), then "stalk" the website; usually 2 or 3 times per day. I usually end up saving cumulatively $500 per person by the time final payment rolls around. But you have to be diligent and quick. I re-booked under the BOGOHO sale in the first hour it was on, but it seemed like if you waited a few days one didn't get the same type of savings.

agree 100%. I just jumped from Carnival to RCI but if future cruises on RCI are priced like Disney I'll be jumping right back.

I didn't mind paying $100-$200pp more for RCI but their pricing is not even close to Carnivals now. Heck even Princess is a lot less than RCI.

Bill

Prices for Disney are way up and I think for most sailings RCI has not yet reached the "Disney price threshold" - even of old.

I sail both lines and do a LOT of price comparing. :)

During BOGOHO we booked:

Spring 2015: 3,000.00 Junior Suite for three (7 nights). It's now 5,000.

Spring 2016 2,600.00 Balcony for three (7 nights). It's now 4,100.

The prices we locked in are good, especially that Junior Suite!:)

I'm sure prices will fluctuate and come down off and on, but I've never seen them this high:confused:

Edited by bouhunter

days? try hours! Happened to our traveling companions. Actually they were led astray by RCL and told to wait until the next day because prices could go down, but of course they went way up. Some heavy moaning by them and us, resulted in RCL making good on the price that existed when they first called -- yeah RCL! I have been wanting to upgrade so have been watching balcony prices -- cheapest category now sold out, so I guess I will be staying put.