Sabatini's and Crown Grill

warnerchilcott

Depending on your tastes, The soft shell crabs at Sabatinis were great. The lobsters and desserts in the Crown Grill were great

Sabatini's had soft shell crabs in January but someone reported they were no longer on the NEW Sabatini's menu!

Does anyone know for sure? :confused:

LuLu

I had these two at Sabatini's this year on the Emerald and I can't wait to have them again next year on the Royal!!

Sformato di Carciofi Gratinati al Castelrosso

twice baked artichoke soufflé, castelrosso cheese sauce

Torta Profumata ai Limoni di Sorrento

citrus tart and chocolate ribbon with orange and balsamico essence

Edited by canadarocks

We like this Sabatini's appetizer:

Burrata alla Panna con Carpaccio di Pomodori

hand-formed cow’s milk cheese with creamy lava center on tomato carpaccio, balsamic syrup

At the CG we enjoy the onion soup, mussels & filet mignon.

IMO, the lobster served at the Crown Grill is outstanding .... it's grilled, and is moist and tender with a wonderful smokey taste. Generous portions too ... since they are small tails, I was served 6 of them one night and 8 another night on a recent Caribbean Princess cruise.

I also really enjoy the creamed spinach and the Black & Blue Onion soup there.

Sformato di Carciofi Gratinati al Castelrosso

twice baked artichoke soufflé, castelrosso cheese sauce

The artichoke soufflé is easily one of the best things on the ship. Had one for dessert last time I was on the star.

The artichoke soufflé is easily one of the best things on the ship. Had one for dessert last time I was on the star.

I agree about the artichoke souffle - fantastic! Great choice:)

I like the espresso creme brulee at Sabatini's. Thanks, Astro Flyer, for the menu links.

I also like the Crown Dependence, the dessert sampler, as mentioned by others. I do like two of them:). :). :)

What are the not to be missed dishes at these two restaurants on board the Regal Princess?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you like good steaks, then do not miss the fillet mignon in Crown Grill. Yummy!:D

The sample menu on the Princess website still shows that a "pasta of the day" will be served, but the menu from the link above shows a choice of 3 different pastas. Anyone know if the "three different pastas" is unique to the new builds or if this is a fleet-wide change?

The sample menu on the Princess website still shows that a "pasta of the day" will be served, but the menu from the link above shows a choice of 3 different pastas. Anyone know if the "three different pastas" is unique to the new builds or if this is a fleet-wide change?

Those are the links I found currently on the Princess website & while I haven't personally experienced this menu in recent discussions it's been posted it's current including the 3 pasta choices.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/specialty_restaurants/sabatinis/

On the Grand in September, Sabatini's posted menu included three pastas.

I asked this on another thread but I don't believe I received an answer.

Is the pasta an additional course, similar to the way it was treated when there was a "Pasta of the Day" or is it generally considered your entrée?

I realize you can most likely order whatever you want, but I was just curious what the norm is.

I asked this on another thread but I don't believe I received an answer.

Is the pasta an additional course, similar to the way it was treated when there was a "Pasta of the Day" or is it generally considered your entrée?

I realize you can most likely order whatever you want, but I was just curious what the norm is.

The new menu shows it as another course and like in the dining room you should be able to get an appetizer size or as an entrée. I always get the smaller portion of pasta otherwise I wouldn't be able to finish the appetizer, entrée and dessert. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

The new menu shows it as another course and like in the dining room you should be able to get an appetizer size or as an entrée. I always get the smaller portion of pasta otherwise I wouldn't be able to finish the appetizer, entrée and dessert. ;)

Yes, I agree. Another course.