Margaritaville Key West vs. Grand Turk

AandBmom

Are they similar at all? I've been to the one in Grand Turk and it was much like a resort - beach, pool, loungers, etc. Is the one in Key West just a bar/restaurant or does it have resort type stuff too?

What is the morning crowd typically like? We're in port until 1:30pm. Is it busy there? Is it "happening" with silly drunk people?

They only way you would know they were related is by the name.

Margaritaville Key West is a small bar/restaurant with a tiny gift shop attached.

You shouldn't have any problem getting a sandwich and libation unlike when I tried for almost an hour to get waited on in Grand Turk.:rolleyes:

To say Margaritaville Grand Turk is akin to a zoo is far too kind.

Mike:)

Are they similar at all? I've been to the one in Grand Turk and it was much like a resort - beach, pool, loungers, etc. Is the one in Key West just a bar/restaurant or does it have resort type stuff too?

What is the morning crowd typically like? We're in port until 1:30pm. Is it busy there? Is it "happening" with silly drunk people?

The absolute worst margarita I've ever had in my life (and I've had a lot of margaritas in my life) was at Margaritaville in Key West. It was just plain bitter and nasty.

The Margaritaville in Key West is unlike the others. It's the original Margaritaville, so it's not the large, resort type establishments built all around the Caribbean. Instead, it's just another bar on Duval St. There's nothing really special about it, other than it's the first one Jimmy opened. Even the menu is a lot smaller than the others.

The absolute worst margarita I've ever had in my life (and I've had a lot of margaritas in my life) was at Margaritaville in Key West. It was just plain bitter and nasty.

Likewise, the worst key lime pie I have ever eaten was at the Key West Margaritaville. I never went back there to eat, but just walk right on by instead.

On the other hand, there is a very nice, brand new Margaritaville at the Falmouth port in Jamaica.

Likewise, the worst key lime pie I have ever eaten was at the Key West Margaritaville. I never went back there to eat, but just walk right on by instead.

On the other hand, there is a very nice, brand new Margaritaville at the Falmouth port in Jamaica.

They are nothing alike, as the above poster said, except for the logo, basically. LOTS of other places much better in KW in my opinion. Not even worth the walk down there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I guess it all depends on the bartender on duty. We were there 21 years ago and avoided going there until the last day because we thought it would be cheesy and bland. It actually was one of the best margaritas we've ever had. Real lime juice and all...

• 2 weeks later...
They are nothing alike, as the above poster said, except for the logo, basically. LOTS of other places much better in KW in my opinion. Not even worth the walk down there.

Completely agree! I grew up spending 1 month every year in Key West and we cannot stand the KW location.

So many other options!

Ditto for us.

My Margarita at Grand Turk wasn't very good and our bloody marys on another visit weren't very good either. Maybe just our bad luck. :( :D

The Margaritaville in Key West is unlike the others. It's the original Margaritaville, so it's not the large, resort type establishments built all around the Caribbean. Instead, it's just another bar on Duval St. There's nothing really special about it, other than it's the first one Jimmy opened. Even the menu is a lot smaller than the others.

Agree! Actually, there are many much better bars on Duval St.

LuLu

~~~~

I guess it all depends on the bartender on duty. We were there 21 years ago and avoided going there until the last day because we thought it would be cheesy and bland. It actually was one of the best margaritas we've ever had. Real lime juice and all...

AGREE!!!!! I have had margaritas in MANY cities including some in Mexico and their margaritas are pretty darn delicious. Most things on the menu are good as well. Honestly, if I feel like a margarita, Margaritaville is on the top of my list.

• 2 weeks later...

The Margaritaville in Grand Turk is awesome. The pool is awesome. We spent all day just lounging around by the pool.

The Margaritaville in Key West is overrated. It's small and there are much better bars to visit in Key West

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk