Quick Review of Brilliance

emory2001

Enjoyed a 5-day on Brilliance last week, although the first night we encountered the roughest seas I have ever been in (aallll night long - not as rough as Anthem encountered last year, but it was rough). We also had to skip Grand Cayman because of big waves and flooding on the island, so we went to Costa Maya instead. Here are a few review points:

* I love the outdoor seating in the Windjammer both times I've been on Radiance class. I wish more of the ships had this.

* On previous cruises, Windjammer breakfast changes at least a little bit each day. It was the exact same every day this time, which is tiring - except the corned beef hash was the best it has ever been.

* On boarding day at lunch in the Windjammer, there was a paprika (I think?) seasoned fried chicken that was probably the best thing I've ever had in the Windjammer.

* One day at lunch there was a new item in the Windjammer that I've never seen before, called a "festival dumpling" - it wasn't really a dumpling but a sweet breadstick, and it was really really good.

* Decor on Brilliance is nice but my least favorite of the ships I've been on.

* The production show "Now and Forever" was pretty boring except for the Mamma Mia sequence.

* The comedian, Rondell Sheridan, was the best cruise comedian I have ever seen (family suitable, somewhat adult jokes but not "adult adult", and very funny). They had him go on at 3 pm on the last day, but he could have been an evening headliner.

* The farewell show "Center Stage" was really good for the most part.

* Service was excellent all around.

* I FINALLY got to try the famous roast beef sandwich in Park Cafe, with the brown gravy (bc I'm not a fan of horseradish) and it was worthy of the hype. I was kind of surprised it was so good. The "barley salad" at both Park Cafe and Windjammer was really good too.

* The Top Tier event was disappointing and I probably won't go back to one. There was no non-alcoholic drink option, only wine on the trays (I don't drink alcohol, so there was nothing for me unless I had asked). No food like there used to be. Not a lot of discussion and nothing interesting or up and coming.

Thanks for the review We will be boarding the BR next Saturday

Speaking of Mama Mia we just found out that the Abba tribute band Abbracadabra is going to be playing on our cruise. I'm excited about that!!!:D

If you enjoy ABBA, you will love that show, they are excellent.

Slightly off topic but we sailed Adventure last week. Flew from San Juan with a layover in Tampa. I was wandering around and heard someone call my name. It was a young couple from my small hometown and they had been on this cruise with 2 friends. They mentioned the rough seas also. They were on our flight to Louisville.

And now I see they were on a cruise with "Bob" :D If they only knew ! Seriously you are such a help on these boards !

I too was on this cruise and the staff was absolutely exceptional! I find the RCI staff to always be great but we didn't encounter anyone who wasn't great.

(The highlight of my cruise was meeting Bob. 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 I thanked him on behalf of everyone on Cruise Critic.)