New Wake View Lounge on Caribbean Princess

framer

Well I'm finally on the CB. I took a few snapshots of things a few of you are interested in seeing.

1st The new Wake View Lounge. There is two in the very back of the new Steamers and Planks BBQ they separated a small area for a lounge on both sides. I have not check it out when open but was told you can hang out there and order a drink by wait staff in the evening, no bar just lounge.

10.jpg

Port side

13.jpg

Starboard side

More coming this was just a quick test.

framer

Edited by framer

Well I'm finally on the CB. I took a few snapshots of things a few of you are interested in seeing.

More coming this was just a quick test.

framer

Thanks for what you've sent and will certainly be looking forward to MORE. :D

My understanding is this is where the caribe cafe used to be. I think you can see the terrace pool area through the windows.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is just a small section of what used to be Cafe Caribe. Most of the former Cafe Caribe space is used for Planks and Steamers.

Unfortunately 'it' is not named as such on the Deck Plans!! Lido Deck 15 at the stern; presumably at the rear corners of Planks and Steamers

Sorry that I was so unclear using "it". I cannot find any mention of the new "Wake View Lounge" as such in the Deck Plans which is why I put my assumption of the positions.

It looks like they have now enclosed some of the outside seating tables that were under the covered outside area by the Outrigger Bar? Am I correct in this assumption???

I am liking the pictures that I have seen of the retrofit of the Caribbean Princess thus far. It is nice to see Princess doing some varietal changes. It will be nice to try it out when we are on that ship.

Happy Cruising!!!

Mark

It looks like they have now enclosed some of the outside seating tables that were under the covered outside area by the Outrigger Bar? Am I correct in this assumption???

I am liking the pictures that I have seen of the retrofit of the Caribbean Princess thus far. It is nice to see Princess doing some varietal changes. It will be nice to try it out when we are on that ship.

Happy Cruising!!!

Mark

Don't believe so. They just converted a section at that back of either side of Cafe Caribe.

If you look closely at the starboard side picture through the windows, you will see the stairway up to the sun deck (16) and the Outrigger bar just beyond where they have always been located. It would appear then that they just set aside space in the inside rear of what was once the Caribe Cafe as a new lounge area most likely served by the Outrigger bar.

IMHO the new design/decor Princess is using is UGLY ! Way too much brown, & makes the public rooms look dark. Just off the Crown Princess & most of the stairwell carpeting is in a disgusting brown. I'd like to get a hold of the design team at corporate headquarters & tell them to get away from that dull, uninspired look.