Parking at Port Liberty

Was thinking about parking at the pier. Does anyone know how much parking is at pie. Is it the same price in the garage and the outside parking area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Parking was $20 per day. We parked in the garage both times we sailed from there. Is there even an outside parking area anymore now that there is the new terminal?

Edit to add: Yup, there is still an outdoor lot for oversized vehicles.

http://www.cruiseliberty.com/directions_parking.html

Edited by reallyitsmema

• 2 weeks later...
Was thinking about parking at the pier. Does anyone know how much parking is at pie. Is it the same price in the garage and the outside parking area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The last time we went it was $15 per night

$20/day.

It is very convenient. You obtain a ticket when you enter the garage. Park where you find an available spot. Take the ticket with you. When you return to the pier, outside of the garage there are terminals where you pay for the parking. When you exit the garage with your car, the paid ticket is used to open the gate.

Easier than the old system of paying the cashier before the cruise and being in a line of cars, then being directed to a parking space.

$20/day.

It is very convenient. You obtain a ticket when you enter the garage. Park where you find an available spot. Take the ticket with you. When you return to the pier, outside of the garage there are terminals where you pay for the parking. When you exit the garage with your car, the paid ticket is used to open the gate.

Easier than the old system of paying the cashier before the cruise and being in a line of cars, then being directed to a parking space.

Excellent description! I'm saving it to pass along to other cruisers who ask this question.

The outdoor parking lot is also for the overflow if the garage gets fulled. I know $20 per day may be a lot for some people to pay but parking at Cape Liberty is super convenient and I know our car will be safe.

If you cruise Carnival or NCL from NY, you get to pay $40/day at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

If you cruise Carnival or NCL from NY, you get to pay $40/day at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

That I know, but as you know, there are some people that do ask questions on where to park other than at Cape Liberty because of the $20 per day cost. We just came back from a B2B on Anthem and parking was $240, but it's all part of the cruising cost for us :)

:halo:,

This parking is in Elizabeth NJ and is focused on Newark Airport, not Cape Liberty. It is actually located 11 miles from the port.

:halo:,

This parking is in Elizabeth NJ and is focused on Newark Airport, not Cape Liberty. It is actually located 11 miles from the port.

according to their website it is 5 miles - and if look at locations on the website, Port Liberty is listed with these locations, so it is not focused on Newark Airport. Looking for parking near Newark does not even show them.

Too bad says NO pickup truck, so guess I'm out. But looking for a motel / hotel for night before and maybe they have parking while on a cruise.

according to their website it is 5 miles - and if look at locations on the website, Port Liberty is listed with these locations, so it is not focused on Newark Airport. Looking for parking near Newark does not even show them.

Trust me - they are 11 miles from Cape Liberty and their primary business Newark Airport parking.

Too bad says NO pickup truck, so guess I'm out. But looking for a motel / hotel for night before and maybe they have parking while on a cruise.

Trinityreservations.com - park, sleep, cruise at the Ramada Plaza. Hotel, parking for 21 days, and round trip port transportation.

Parking is $20 a day. We have also stayed at the Ramada Inn. Our stay included free parking and shuttle to the pier. If you get in early enough they have a shuttle that will take you to the city for the day. The shuttle has to times for pick up in the city at 8 or 8:30 and then again at 11:30PM. When we stayed the cost for the shuttle was $25.00 per person.