Unlimited Photo Package

the actually photos are so much nicer than the disk.

Two reasons I prefer the disk-

First, I download to a photo company and make a photobook of a select group of photos- they come out beautiful! Before we had a disk, my DH had to scan the pictures, which was a lengthy process in order to upload to the photo company.

In addition, carrying perhaps hundreds of pictures home is very heavy. Especially if you are flying home.

In most cases, the packages we pick give us both.

So that actually seemed like a bargain, I know I'd pay that much or more for a photo shoot when the kids were younger (and way more for senior photos... hey, now there's an idea...)

That's exactly what my son and I did in February on Navigator. He had already had his Senior photo shoot at school, and while they came out great, the cheapest package was around $550 :eek: and didn't even have that many prints! And no digital - that was extra.

So I decided we'd get our own cap & gown shots at home, which we did, and onboard we got some awesome portraits of just him in his tux against that white background. They came out *great*!! I had them displayed at his grad party, and no one could believe they were taken on a cruise ship, lol. :)

Yes Folk Singer, I agree, but then I am very "old fashion" in some ways. Actually we just had family in from Florida these past two weeks, and we pulled out the picture albums, and sat around the table, looking at pictures, bringing back good memories. :) The disk is OK, but not for me.

• 4 weeks later...

We have grabbed the digital photo package twice now, once on Allure of the Seas in 2013 and again on Independence of the Seas in January 2014. Both times we got close to 200 pictures and feel we got a good deal.

Having the digital files is great as you can use them to make custom photo books on sites like Shutterfly or even CVS.

It is way better, in our opinion, to get the high resoultion files than the 8X10 or 5X7 photos. Actually, the files we got from the cruise company were higher resolution that our wedding photos which costs us close to a thousand dollars to get digital copies of!

Getting the package by the third day, you get a discount, something like 25% off. For us, it works out to about a dollar a photo.

We know it is not for everyone, but definitely something to consider if you like to take pictures.

Now you have an excuse to stand next to that crew member dressed like a dolphin or a pirate!

We have grabbed the digital photo package twice now, once on Allure of the Seas in 2013 and again on Independence of the Seas in January 2014. Both times we got close to 200 pictures and feel we got a good deal.

Having the digital files is great as you can use them to make custom photo books on sites like Shutterfly or even CVS.

It is way better, in our opinion, to get the high resoultion files than the 8X10 or 5X7 photos. Actually, the files we got from the cruise company were higher resolution that our wedding photos which costs us close to a thousand dollars to get digital copies of!

Getting the package by the third day, you get a discount, something like 25% off. For us, it works out to about a dollar a photo.

We know it is not for everyone, but definitely something to consider if you like to take pictures.

Now you have an excuse to stand next to that crew member dressed like a dolphin or a pirate!

My Dh and I took over 350 pics when we brought our Grandchildren with us. We paid less when we purchased on line prior to the cruise from mycruisephotos.com the RC,Celebrity and Disney Vendor.

My Dh and I took over 350 pics when we brought our Grandchildren with us. We paid less when we purchased on line prior to the cruise from mycruisephotos.com the RC,Celebrity and Disney Vendor.

Awesome job with the 350+ pics!

When we were on Allure one of the photographers we got friendly with said there was a gentleman and his family that had over 400 photos! She mentioned sometimes the father would come down and just take a bunch of pictures by himself!

Yes, if you buy onboard in the beginning of the cruise they usually run specials on the package deals.

We are going on the Celebrity Solstice in two days. Online, the current price now for unlimited photos and digital files is $249.

We will report back if we are able to get the package any cheaper.

Awesome job with the 350+ pics!

When we were on Allure one of the photographers we got friendly with said there was a gentleman and his family that had over 400 photos! She mentioned sometimes the father would come down and just take a bunch of pictures by himself!

Yes, if you buy onboard in the beginning of the cruise they usually run specials on the package deals.

We are going on the Celebrity Solstice in two days. Online, the current price now for unlimited photos and digital files is $249.

We will report back if we are able to get the package any cheaper.

LOL! We were concerned that our grandchildren wouldn't want to take pictures when we took them on the Allure- however to our surprise, they also went to take additional pictures without us! Talk about hams! The photographers thought it so funny, that we have pictures with the manager of the photography dept and my grandchildren! FYI- off the summit a couple of weeks, and the package on the ship, all prints and CD was $450! They were giving a discount- but we paid $249 so that was much cheaper. We will again be cruising in January on the Eclipse and I am curious what the price is now. Even though it is a two week cruise- typically the price remains the same.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

• 2 months later...

Hi All, we finally got to experience our first family cruise aboard Solstice last October, doing the 18 day Hawaii to Sydney cruise. We LOVED every minute!! But thought I'd give some feedback on the photo package. We pre purchased it prior to departure and did the $249 package including unlimited prints and digital copies.

Once onboard they were selling the package over the first few days at a 'special, offer of $349!! It then went up in price, sorry can't remember how much exactly but it was definitely worth pre purchasing it like we did!

We found a variety of backdrops most nights to have some portraits , and then photographers often floated around the MDR and other venues to take some ad hoc shots. On Formal nights they also had setups on the grand staircase and other parts of the ship.

For the most part the photography team were great and would set us up for numerous shots at each location. Ensuring hands were in the right spot, looking a certain way, holding your partner correctly etc to make well composed shot. I say for the most part as in some cases the setup of certain 'looks' did not suit everyone yet they just did the same thing over and over regardless. But in other cases a couple of photographers would evaluate each couple or group and change the shots to suit.

The results were also a bit hit and miss. Most of ours were great but some were not composed well, some were blurry (a result I think of where they had an aperture setting for depth of field -where some of the subject should be in focus, the background blurred - however this was not applied correctly) and some we just were obviously not ready for!

But overall, we came away with over 220+ photos so I'm not expecting every one of them to be a 'keeper'. Considering they charge $30 for an individual photo you can easily see we got some serous value for money for our $249 outlay!

We got many family portraits in our formal gear which to us was worth the price alone, but also got some great group shots with cruise buddies and also some fun shots with some of the crew!

Here are a few of our favourite shots ... We are travelling with friends next March so will probably do the package again but I don't think it would be a regular must have after that...maybe just one or two key photos as mementos on subsequent cruises.

Formal Night, our group had a Masquerade theme!

a0a9c3a35b192ce0735cac867e0634e0.jpg

A different look, another Formal Night!

b7da305f76a7debb3c2654b6fac77687.jpg

Our daughter having some fun with the backdrop. One of our favorites!

f5ace62305cd4d66c182caab786b4987.jpg

Hamming it up for the cameras!

d73931dba79d5bcd0245286793ddc53d.jpg

A casual night portrait..lost the kids to kids club by then!!

bdf3c4550f1675177813124bb6c29723.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

Hi All, we finally got to experience our first family cruise aboard Solstice last October, doing the 18 day Hawaii to Sydney cruise. We LOVED every minute!! But thought I'd give some feedback on the photo package. We pre purchased it prior to departure and did the $249 package including unlimited prints and digital copies.

Once onboard they were selling the package over the first few days at a 'special, offer of $349!! It then went up in price, sorry can't remember how much exactly but it was definitely worth pre purchasing it like we did!

We found a variety of backdrops most nights to have some portraits , and then photographers often floated around the MDR and other venues to take some ad hoc shots. On Formal nights they also had setups on the grand staircase and other parts of the ship.

For the most part the photography team were great and would set us up for numerous shots at each location. Ensuring hands were in the right spot, looking a certain way, holding your partner correctly etc to make well composed shot. I say for the most part as in some cases the setup of certain 'looks' did not suit everyone yet they just did the same thing over and over regardless. But in other cases a couple of photographers would evaluate each couple or group and change the shots to suit.

The results were also a bit hit and miss. Most of ours were great but some were not composed well, some were blurry (a result I think of where they had an aperture setting for depth of field -where some of the subject should be in focus, the background blurred - however this was not applied correctly) and some we just were obviously not ready for!

But overall, we came away with over 220+ photos so I'm not expecting every one of them to be a 'keeper'. Considering they charge $30 for an individual photo you can easily see we got some serous value for money for our $249 outlay!

We got many family portraits in our formal gear which to us was worth the price alone, but also got some great group shots with cruise buddies and also some fun shots with some of the crew!

Here are a few of our favourite shots ... We are travelling with friends next March so will probably do the package again but I don't think it would be a regular must have after that...maybe just one or two key photos as mementos on subsequent cruises.

Formal Night, our group had a Masquerade theme!

a0a9c3a35b192ce0735cac867e0634e0.jpg

A different look, another Formal Night!

b7da305f76a7debb3c2654b6fac77687.jpg

Our daughter having some fun with the backdrop. One of our favorites!

f5ace62305cd4d66c182caab786b4987.jpg

Hamming it up for the cameras!

d73931dba79d5bcd0245286793ddc53d.jpg

A casual night portrait..lost the kids to kids club by then!!

bdf3c4550f1675177813124bb6c29723.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad you had a great cruise! Pictures wonderful. Agree about booking the package directly from mcruisephotos.com prior to the sailing The best bargain on the cruise and a fun actvity of a great time!

We just paid $309 for our pre package photo cd on oasis last week, but we prepaid for it before boarding so it was a little cheaper. We also paid for prints for an extra $75 before boarding. so our sailing on Oasis was a total of $385 for cd and all prints, but we had two cabins so it was worth it.

Just make sure if you pay for prints you check that they are all actually printed prior to disembarking the ship, because you will not get them afterwards. I was missing 60 prints:eek:

My kids took a lot of photos, I believe our photo total was 344 pics!

• 1 month later...
We just paid $309 for our pre package photo cd on oasis last week, but we prepaid for it before boarding so it was a little cheaper. We also paid for prints for an extra $75 before boarding. so our sailing on Oasis was a total of $385 for cd and all prints, but we had two cabins so it was worth it.

Just make sure if you pay for prints you check that they are all actually printed prior to disembarking the ship, because you will not get them afterwards. I was missing 60 prints:eek:

My kids took a lot of photos, I believe our photo total was 344 pics!

Was this for 2 weeks? I'm sure we'll take the photo package just trying to avoid any nasty surprises.

Brian

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Sorry if this has been answered but I haven't read all 15 pages of this thread. We did a similar photo package at Disney World. It was amazing and i created a great photo book afterwards. You simply downloaded the photos from home. But we got our money's worth since the photographers were all over the parks plus at meet and greets, restaurants, special events (e.g. jedi training, princess boutique) and even some rides.

1. So on RCL, are photographers all over the ship? Or only say at entrance to the boat or very specific spots? The Allure looks so beautiful would be cool to get various spots in Central Park, the Promenade, pool area, dining rooms, etc
  2. Are there photographers at the DreamWorks meet and greets?
  3. Where else can you find them?

Also, sounds a bit iffy if its done by face recognition. How on earth does that work? Does it work for anyone in your party? At Disney, it worked by scanning your magic band (which were all connected). Ride photos were a bit more magic but worked from a sensor to your magic band.

Edited by LuCruise

Sorry if this question was asked before but I didn't notice it in the previous 15 pages. I'm getting married in St. Thomas on my upcoming cruise on the Adventure of the Seas :):) When looking at old cruise compasses it seems that our wedding night is also a formal night! If I were to get a photo package would pictures taken around the ship that night count towards my package? I know it says:

"The following is not included with your photo package (digital or print):

· Photos of others in your party not staying in your stateroom.

· Group photos, weddings, Quinces and other special occasion photography services.

· Generic stock photos of the ship, characters, ports of call, etc.

· Any special printing or retouching requests. "

But really I'll just be wearing a nice dress and my future hubby wearing linen pants and a button shirt. We are getting married off the ship as well so are not being affiliated with RC at all. What are your thoughts?

Also just to clarify we are in a small group of 11, over 5 cabins. As long as me or my future hubby are in the pictures, do they count towards our package?

Thanks so much!! :)

Sorry if this question was asked before but I didn't notice it in the previous 15 pages. I'm getting married in St. Thomas on my upcoming cruise on the Adventure of the Seas :):) When looking at old cruise compasses it seems that our wedding night is also a formal night! If I were to get a photo package would pictures taken around the ship that night count towards my package? I know it says:

"The following is not included with your photo package (digital or print):

· Photos of others in your party not staying in your stateroom.

· Group photos, weddings, Quinces and other special occasion photography services.

· Generic stock photos of the ship, characters, ports of call, etc.

· Any special printing or retouching requests. "

But really I'll just be wearing a nice dress and my future hubby wearing linen pants and a button shirt. We are getting married off the ship as well so are not being affiliated with RC at all. What are your thoughts?

Also just to clarify we are in a small group of 11, over 5 cabins. As long as me or my future hubby are in the pictures, do they count towards our package?

Thanks so much!! :)

Yes they will count. The exclusion is for weddings on the ship when a photographer takes you around different parts of the ship taking photos. Any photos on your own at the regular backdrops are covered under the package.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

Sorry if this has been answered but I haven't read all 15 pages of this thread. We did a similar photo package at Disney World. It was amazing and i created a great photo book afterwards. You simply downloaded the photos from home. But we got our money's worth since the photographers were all over the parks plus at meet and greets, restaurants, special events (e.g. jedi training, princess boutique) and even some rides.

1. So on RCL, are photographers all over the ship? Or only say at entrance to the boat or very specific spots? The Allure looks so beautiful would be cool to get various spots in Central Park, the Promenade, pool area, dining rooms, etc
  2. Are there photographers at the DreamWorks meet and greets?
  3. Where else can you find them?

Also, sounds a bit iffy if its done by face recognition. How on earth does that work? Does it work for anyone in your party? At Disney, it worked by scanning your magic band (which were all connected). Ride photos were a bit more magic but worked from a sensor to your magic band.

Answers to question 1; photographers all over the ship. you can ask them to do specific shots for you as well.

2; I heard yes.

3; You can go down to the photo place and arrange a time and place to meet to have special photos taken.

4. you have your photo taken on the way on the ship then they can track you and you go down to the phot place daily and check for photos you want. as well

Edited by Folk Singer

Is anyone having trouble with the mycruisephotos.com website? I keep entering all my information and it takes me to a page that says:

Please wait while we redirect you to http://www.mycruisephotos.com.

The official photography partner of Royal Caribbean International

My cruise is on Independence of the seas on February 22nd and I'm trying to see the prices so I can decide whether to buy the package but the site never gets past this page.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this has been covered here, I sort of skimmed over the 15 pages and didn't see this specifically. I did see that minor children traveling in separate staterooms would be included in the same package. But what if we have two staterooms booked, but the actual names on the staterooms are myself and my daughter on one cabin, and my husband and son on the other? Will my husband, who is obviously not a minor child in a separate stateroom, be included in the same package?

Has anyone had two staterooms with the names on the rooms one adult and one child on each room and had all parties included in one package? The support page on the photo package does state that the ships manifest will be verified to be sure all names match the package.

Before I pre-purchase the package, I'd like to be sure we're all going to be in the pictures.

Thanks!

I don't know if this has been covered here, I sort of skimmed over the 15 pages and didn't see this specifically. I did see that minor children traveling in separate staterooms would be included in the same package. But what if we have two staterooms booked, but the actual names on the staterooms are myself and my daughter on one cabin, and my husband and son on the other? Will my husband, who is obviously not a minor child in a separate stateroom, be included in the same package?

Has anyone had two staterooms with the names on the rooms one adult and one child on each room and had all parties included in one package? The support page on the photo package does state that the ships manifest will be verified to be sure all names match the package.

Before I pre-purchase the package, I'd like to be sure we're all going to be in the pictures.

Thanks!

Yes, it is covered. We had 2 staterooms me and 2 kids in one room and my hubby and the other 2 kids in another room