OMG! I can't Believe that Cunard are Considering this !!!

oldsilverfox

I'll toss my tag into the ring...

NY closed loop sailing, Gold status (one night from Plat. grrr!), Deck 5 forward.

Red box, purple and grey/silver diagonal stripes. Next to the NYC->NYC markings is a large "D" - disembarkation group, perhaps? (Edit: Now I see that a Q5 also has a "D")

attachment.php?attachmentid=333260&stc=1&d=1417916267

The D could be the collection area to find suitcase after you have disembarked.

The 5 Is Deck allocated

M is Midships

A would be Aft

F would be Forward

Edited by Pennbank

E-mail off Cunard saying if you have already prepared the old style luggage tags then this would be ok,needless to say we used the old style tags, we boarded at 1200 (QG)our last case arrived at 1645..the only priority for boarding was joining the back of the queue for security instead of sitting it out and waiting to be called...apart from that everything else on board was perfect and had the most enjoyable time..

Sent from my iPad

E-mail off Cunard saying if you have already prepared the old style luggage tags then this would be ok,needless to say we used the old style tags, we boarded at 1200 (QG)our last case arrived at 1645..the only priority for boarding was joining the back of the queue for security instead of sitting it out and waiting to be called...apart from that everything else on board was perfect and had the most enjoyable time..

Sent from my iPad

So what happened at check in..did you just queue up with everyone else or were you placed at front of queue for next available check in desk?

So what happened at check in..did you just queue up with everyone else or were you placed at front of queue for next available check in desk?

There is still an area for Priority Boarding, However there are not any specific check in desks.

You queue at the Priority Area and are given the next available customer check in agent.

Depending on which terminal in Southampton (as sometimes security comes before check in) you then go and join the line for security, or line for boarding when called.

If neither are open you wait in a separate area to the masses. You are still given priority for your loyalty to the company when everything is open.

Edited by Pennbank

Thanks for the confirmation..it seems as soon as we reach a different loyalty level with different cruise companies they move the goalposts! First time with priority coming up and they change how they do things..typical!

Cunard haven't yet ! other then the luggage.

There was no queue for the check in desks, once we checked in we went straight to security,instead of taking a seat and waiting to be called we had a red card and was directed to the security queue,it took about 10 minutes to get thru that,not a problem I wasn't overly bothered it just made me giggle the words "priority"when in fact there wasn't any and of course with the wait for the luggage I started to think I'm not that fussed on reaching my 70 days at sea or 7 cruises to go up a level,as it turns out it doesn't really mean much, apart from that the service on board was the best ever and we both had the most fantastic time..

Sent from my iPad

They have stopped the priority embarkation check in desks so now we will get tuts by people thinking we are pushing in!

There are no Tuts, The Other persons Queuing do not even realise. If they do they can see that it is the Priority Boarding section which is similar to most airlines.

In my opinion it is a better system as you do not have the two check in counters empty.

There was no queue for the check in desks, once we checked in we went straight to security,instead of taking a seat and waiting to be called we had a red card and was directed to the security queue,it took about 10 minutes to get thru that,not a problem I wasn't overly bothered it just made me giggle the words "priority"when in fact there wasn't any and of course with the wait for the luggage I started to think I'm not that fussed on reaching my 70 days at sea or 7 cruises to go up a level,as it turns out it doesn't really mean much, apart from that the service on board was the best ever and we both had the most fantastic time..

Sent from my iPad

Except the free internet time ( 4 hours) and extra Invitations to the Receptions.

Edited by Pennbank

Except the free internet time ( 4 hours) and extra Invitations to the Receptions.

Well that is true, 2 hours per person and much appreciated as for extra invitations yes also true,but if we're talking about invitations to view jewellery with a free glass of fizz then if that floats your boat and you see it as a perk then great..

Sent from my iPad

Well that is true, 2 hours per person and much appreciated as for extra invitations yes also true,but if we're talking about invitations to view jewellery with a free glass of fizz then if that floats your boat and you see it as a perk then great..

Sent from my iPad

I was not and I don't ! Nor do I think much, of the Invitation for the Wine Tasting. However the other Invitations are

quite welcoming.

Edited by Pennbank

The wine tasting (we are Diamond) is attended by most as a free booze up. No one swallows so speak. We have stopped attending lately, but the internet time is a good perk as is the lunch.

I think loyalty should be recognised so I hope there will be no chipping away of the benefits.

David..

The wine tasting (we are Diamond) is attended by most as a free booze up. No one swallows so speak. We have stopped attending lately, but the internet time is a good perk as is the lunch.

I think loyalty should be recognised so I hope there will be no chipping away of the benefits.

David..

Hear hear! -S.

I was not and I don't ! Nor do I think much, of the Invitation for the Wine Tasting. However the other Invitations are

quite welcoming.

Our sommelier tried to get us to sign up for a wine tasting $42 per head I think.

Sent from my iPad

Thanks for the confirmation..it seems as soon as we reach a different loyalty level with different cruise companies they move the goalposts! First time with priority coming up and they change how they do things..typical!

Indeed. I used to receive free nights at the Waldorf. No it's only small discounts on the highest available rate. Upgrading is to the discretion of the management and still practise.

I have just come off QM2. I printed the new coloured luggage labels.

One suitcase arrived as quickly as I did but the second suitcase took about an hour. The same thing happened with my friend in the same corridor (all four cases taken from the car by the same porter). We are both Platinum.

We received the usual coloured luggage tags for disembarkation, so did not need to keep the originals on our suitcase. That system does not seem to have been phased in yet.

I visited the purser's desk yesterday, as promised, to ask what all the colours mean. First I had to tell someone several times that I was not talking about the colours of disembarkation labels. She eventually admitted that she was new and got someone else. Again, no luck. They don't know. The woman made as many guesses as we have! She said we would have to phone Carnival and ask them what it's all about. Good luck to anyone who wants to try that!

We too have just got home..we put new and old labels on..our case was waiting for us when we first arrived at our cabin..our friends arrived 10 minutes matter and they had old labels!

Regarding the priority boarding we were ushered in front of the very small queue who were waiting...our friends who are first time cruisers checked in half an hour after us after arriving later, but the nice ladies in the terminal let them board as priority passenegrs with us..

QE: Embarkation with the old labels. No delay in luggage delivery.

The classic disembarkation luggage labels (red) for airport transfer were delivered today.

Priority ckeck-in as usual at Ocean Terminal.

New: Britannia Club category ends with WC2015. AA, A1+A2 will have open session seating in Britannia Restaurant.

Still no berth in an european harbor availabe for QE...