Whats the best way to fix this travel mistake?

Lovetocruisefar

Best - Uber

Cheapest - Tri Rail from FLL to MIA. You take a Tri Rail shuttle from FLL to the FLL train station. The train then arrives at the Miami Airport station which is next to/connected to the Miami airport rental car center. It is actually very convenient location-wise. However, depending on the time of day, you will find that service slows to one train per hour for a good portion of the day.

I'm flyin into FLL, but renting a car from Miami airport. Its too late to change the rental. The prices are too high now. Whats the best way to get from FLL to Miami airport, and what should i expect to pay?

Thank so much all!!

Why is it too late...did you pre-pay? Can't you just change the pickup location (same company) to Fort Lauderdale instead ?

I arrive on Saturday afternoon, for a cruise that leaves from POM on Monday. Staying downtown in Miami and renting thru Alamo, since I get a free shuttle to cruise when i return car back on Monday before cruise take off. I wanted to spend a few days in Miami, before ship takes off.

Looks like Uber is best deal. Cause it sounds like train will take forever.

I arrive on Saturday afternoon, for a cruise that leaves from POM on Monday. Staying downtown in Miami and renting thru Alamo, since I get a free shuttle to cruise when i return car back on Monday before cruise take off. I wanted to spend a few days in Miami, before ship takes off.

If you are staying downtown, do you really want/need that rental? Parking is expensive at downtown hotels.

Are you staying at a hotel downtown?

I would check the parking fees they can run $25 per day

Most places in downtown are walkable or take the free metromover or trolley

I would cancel the car rental & just take a taxi or Uber to the port when you are ready

JMO

I would just go with Uber and skip the rental car.

Precise price of Uber will vary based on the type of category you go with.

Also relook at hotels to see if there are any better options that do not include free parking. Nothing is really free.

Keith

I'm flyin into FLL, but renting a car from Miami airport. Its too late to change the rental. The prices are too high now. Whats the best way to get from FLL to Miami airport, and what should i expect to pay?

Thank so much all!!

I'd go with Uber.

I would just go with Uber and skip the rental car.

Precise price of Uber will vary based on the type of category you go with.

Also relook at hotels to see if there are any better options that do not include free parking. Nothing is really free.

Keith

Late August in Miami. It might be free. We are right in the middle of the slowest part of the year here. But yes, always good to price it out.

Epic hotel downtown

Price out the hotel without the parking. Just run the numbers. Your hotel is in a good location. Unless you are driving up to Hollywood Beach or other surrounding beach communiites further away, the car will just be sitting.