Any other Judith Leiber Fans?

Jane2357

Any other Judith Leiber fans out there? O.K. - I'll admit that I own only 1 :D and that will have to last me a lifetime! Being retired the budget isn't what is used to be. :o I do take mine on cruises for formal nights but will admit that it isn't ever far from my hand - lol.

I'm leaving it home for our Alaska cruise, don't want it in luggage for our 6 night post cruise tour -- but do plan to take it for our 15 night Panama Canal. :D

Mine is a black, rectangular bag with the jeweled strap. I'd love to have a silver one - only if I win the lottery though - lol. I love the minaudiers but of course totally out of my range.

Yes, I have three and bought all on eBay at bargain prices. I have a cat purse (my favorite), a silver octagonal purse, and a gold bag. The cat originally sold for $5,000 and I got it for $800. She gets a lot of attention when I'm on a cruise.

Yes, I have three and bought all on eBay at bargain prices. I have a cat purse (my favorite), a silver octagonal purse, and a gold bag. The cat originally sold for $5,000 and I got it for $800. She gets a lot of attention when I'm on a cruise.

I would Love to see a photo of your cat purse!

When you buy off ebay can you tell me how confident you feel that you are getting an authentic bag. I've considered it but am afraid of being ripped off. Could you name your reliable ebay Seller for us? Thanks!!!!

I have bought her bags since she first when into business and had the pleasure to meet her on a flight to Israel many years ago. All of my bags were in the low hundreds in the early years.

Wow - lucky you!!! I'd love those prices today - lol. Even just a "regular" bag is upwards of $1,500 - $2,000. The ones in the fancy shapes are over $5,000. :eek: Movie star prices in my world!

When you buy off ebay can you tell me how confident you feel that you are getting an authentic bag. I've considered it but am afraid of being ripped off. Could you name your reliable ebay Seller for us? Thanks!!!!

This is a general "rule" to follow when buying on eBay. Look for a seller that has a VERY high rating, like 99.6-100% positive. Read very carefully the description, look at the pictures and be sure to zoom over and enlarge the pictures. Also look for sellers that accept returns because eBay offers a money back guarantee but it has to be on an item from a seller that accepts returns.

I just took a quick look on eBay and there are some bargains.

• 1 month later...

I'll get a picture of it this week. I bought it five years ago, but looked at the seller's numbers (100%), and the fact that she had about 15 pictures of it. I felt confident that it was a good buy and was very delighted with the purchase.

It used to be a lot easier to pick out the fraudulent sellers on eBay. Now, it's much more difficult. You may want to read this article to get started:

http://www.ebay.com/gds/GUIDE-TO-BUYING-AUTHENTIC-JUDITH-LEIBER-BAGS-ON-EBAY-/10000000000871363/g.html

Remember, even on eBay, if the price is too good to be true, that should tell you something. NO ONE is going to give a way a very expensive designer handbag. These bags can sometimes show up on Gilt and other "clearance" sites. Or look at online consignment shops:

http://www.portero.com/?gclid=CK26qZGfu8gCFYhqfgodTjYIZw

Personally, I'd rather put that kind of money towards a bottle of wine. Just not into purses.

I think you meant to make "bottle" plural. The price of one of her bags would buy most of us more than one bottle of fine wine. :D

I'm usually out to lunch on these things and I had to google :D

Pretty, I like the peacock bag and the red dragon bag.

But I could never spend that kind of money on a purse. I'd spend it on a watch or some other jewellery that I could wear more often.

Nice to look at though. I never would have guessed they were that $$$. I would have assumed they were much less expensive, though perhaps the quality up close justifies the price?

I'm usually out to lunch on these things and I had to google :D

Pretty, I like the peacock bag and the red dragon bag.

But I could never spend that kind of money on a purse. I'd spend it on a watch or some other jewellery that I could wear more often.

Nice to look at though. I never would have guessed they were that $$$. I would have assumed they were much less expensive, though perhaps the quality up close justifies the price?

A bad habit of mine. My daughters always joke, if I sale all my handbags and shoes; they each could buy a very nice BMW. We cannot take the money with us, I am enjoying life [emoji1]

M

A bad habit of mine. My daughters always joke, if I sale all my handbags and shoes; they each could buy a very nice BMW. We cannot take the money with us, I am enjoying life [emoji1]

M

I agree whole-heartedly.....I work; therefore, I spend! And, I'm spending no one's money but my own :p

Edited by CrimsonQueen

I used to sell on EBAY (had 3 stores) and they are VERY Strict on an item's authenticity. Especially items that are known to have copies!!!

I once listed an item and in the description used the phrase "Chanel Style" Jacket.....whew............RED FLAGS EVERYWHERE!!!! they froze everything until I removed the word Chanel............

I would be careful, as you would when ever you order something.... but know that EBAY is also very vigilant

trish