Favorite lunch spot embarkation day?

We're heading out on Norwegian Breakaway this weekend, and wondered: What's your favorite lunch spot -- and why is it your pick -- on day of embarkation on any Norwegian ship?

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Edited by editor@cruisecritic

It's open for lunch, Hockey19?

Carolyn

If you're in a suite on Breakaway, you can go to the Haven restaurant. Cagney's is only open for lunch for suite guests on older ships (Epic, Getaway and Breakaway have their own Haven restaurant open for Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)

On the Breakaway I would opt for Savor for lunch (assuming you are not in the Haven). Otherwise O'Sheehan's. I avoid the buffet embarkation day. ;). Either offer a nice sit-down meal.

Agree...We always opt for the main dining room as first choice....then O'Sheehan's. The buffet is way too busy to start vacation. We enjoy starting with a nice relaxing lunch. It's also fun when no check comes and you just leave.

Safe sailing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Agree...We always opt for the main dining room as first choice....then O'Sheehan's. The buffet is way too busy to start vacation. We enjoy starting with a nice relaxing lunch. It's also fun when no check comes and you just leave.

Safe sailing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Here's another vote for either the MDR or O'Sheehan's. I've tried and enjoyed lunch at both on embarkation day. I think I prefer the MDR a bit more, it seems to be much quieter. Avoid the buffet like the plague!:D

Dear Mrs. Carolyn Spencer Brown,

First calm seas and blue skies to youall! Safe voyages are the best.

Since your Breakingaway.. eh.. ;

On any Ship that offers it , IMHO, sitting down and dining for lunch in the main dining hall is the best. As it was/is now your able to ascertain some prepared food servers ability, presentation, quality, and taste of the main dishes offered then served. As in history servers do repeat.:cool:

GOD SPEED Maam!

We're heading out on Norwegian Breakaway this weekend, and wondered: What's your favorite lunch spot -- and why is it your pick -- on day of embarkation on any Norwegian ship?

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Edited by AAAAmerican
Spelling the Garden State way..

Yes, Uptown Bar and Grill is open for lunch on embarkation day. That's where we ate first day of our Breakaway cruise last month. Good burgers and fries.

Have fun! Love Breakaway!!

[ATTACH]322912[/ATTACH]

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Yes! That would be the counterpart to the Flamingo Grill I mentioned on Getaway. It's funny that so many people still seem to think the only non-suite choices are MDR, Buffet, or O'Sheehan's.

Moderno had a nice buffet set up, as well as Cagney's which offered burgers, chicken and fries. We took our plates outside to sit on the Waterfront outside Moderno- very nice option to avoid the crowds of the Lido (I know NCL doesn't call it that :p) deck.

After lunch we strolled the entire Waterfront, meandering in and out of the doors into the ship as to get a feel of where everything is. It did take us a few days to remember where everything was on 6-7-8; but it really only takes a few days.

Wish I was back there :(

O'Sheehans for me if there is one.

Otherwise, I actually don't mind the buffet on embarkation day. We always try to board early so it isn't too busy. When we get onboard, we usually need something to eat, but don't want to spend too long eating, so o'Sheehans or the buffet are good places to get in, have some food, and then out so our son can use the pool whilst it's quiet.

My least favourite place was Cagneys. Just not what we wanted at the time. I wish we'd just done what I would do if we were ever back in a suite, and go our own way rather than follow the concierge to Cagneys. I can't say that I thought the lunchtime menu there was really much to get excited by either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by KeithJenner

Any idea how long the MDR serves lunch on embarkation day? Sounds like a nice idea but check-in doesn't begin until noon.

Carolyn

We head to the stern MDR for a nice leisurely lunch as they are underused on embarkation .

Usually the call comes out that staterooms are ready just about when get desert . :D

O'Sheehans for me if there is one.

Otherwise, I actually don't mind the buffet on embarkation day. We always try to board early so it isn't too busy. When we get onboard, we usually need something to eat, but don't want to spend too long eating, so o'Sheehans or the buffet are good places to get in, have some food, and then out so our son can use the pool whilst it's quiet.

My least favourite place was Cagneys. Just not what we wanted at the time. I wish we'd just done what I would do if we were ever back in a suite, and go our own way rather than follow the concierge to Cagneys. I can't say that I thought the lunchtime menu there was really much to get excited by either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. Our embarkation day lunch was our first and last lunch at Cagneys. Cagneys was great for breakfast but we didn't care for the lunch selection there at all.

Any idea how long the MDR serves lunch on embarkation day? Sounds like a nice idea but check-in doesn't begin until noon.

Carolyn

You can be seated up till 2:00 P.M. .:)

P.S. when in Bermuda try the Swizzle Inn south for a pitcher . Say hi to Judy and Chris for me.

Edited by biker@sea

....My least favourite place was Cagneys. Just not what we wanted at the time. I wish we'd just done what I would do if we were ever back in a suite, and go our own way rather than follow the concierge to Cagneys. I can't say that I thought the lunchtime menu there was really much to get excited by either....

Funny how different people like different things. We have done suites a few times and one of best parts is Cagneys for that first lunch. Removed from all the hustle bustle of checking in, taxis, lines, etc.

If not in a suite, we do MDR sometimes and order a bottle of wine - and the cruise finally starts! Doing it in Cagneys makes it even better. The folks there make you feel even more special.