Don't want quantum

I read that they going to make passengers wear wristbands, they can also keep track to you, what you do, etc. I don't want to wear a wristband I am not a child I like the key card and prefer that!! I also don't want a robotic bartender either, but the question is if a robotic bartender serves you a drink I would have to say the robot doesn't deserve a tip!!

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Quantum-to-use-wrist-bands-instead-of-key-cards/?a=cruise&cid=eltrcruise

I read that they going to make passengers wear wristbands, they can also keep track to you, what you do, etc. I don't want to wear a wristband I am not a child I like the key card and prefer that!! I also don't want a robotic bartender either, but the question is if a robotic bartender serves you a drink I would have to say the robot doesn't deserve a tip!!

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Quantum-to-use-wrist-bands-instead-of-key-cards/?a=cruise&cid=eltrcruise

The wristbands are optional.

Oh good. Another thread complaining about things that no one has experienced yet. Here's how these go: "Grrrr!!! Change bad!!! Me no like anything different! Grrr!!! RCI greedy! Grrr! No like change!!!!"

Yeah, we get it. Quantum and everything about it sucks. In fact, the entire company is completely imploding before our eyes....

Oh good. Another thread complaining about things that no one has experienced yet. Here's how these go: "Grrrr!!! Change bad!!! Me no like anything different! Grrr!!! RCI greedy! Grrr! No like change!!!!"

Yeah, we get it. Quantum and everything about it sucks. In fact, the entire company is completely imploding before our eyes....

best.post.ever :D

JUST SAY NO!

JUST SAY NO!

JUST SAY NO!

Oh wait... this isn't about kids doing drugs? Nevermind.

Perhaps you might look into something before randomly protesting? It hasn't rolled out yet, you've just seen a photo of it. It is optional, for now. It isn't the end of the world and it isn't some secret spy tool.

leisuretraveller223- I wear my gold bracelets and diamonds on them, I do not want a wrist band around my wrist that is plastic/paper!! I don't think everything on the Quantum as you put it "sucks"....I love the dining plans! This past May we were on the Allure and not once did we have dinner in the MDR, but we enjoyed going to all the specialty dining. I love the idea of the Quantum having five restaurants and us choosing where we want to have dinner, great idea RC!!

I JUST CALLED RC YES, THE WRIST BANDS ARE OPTIONAL thank goodness!!

You didn't read any such thing. Wonder have rumors get started?

What makes you think your seapass card doesn't keep track of your whereabouts?

I don't care about the whereabouts anyways, I have nothing to hide its just wearing a stupid band made of plastic around my wrist for 8 days be a pain in the butt and at the same time I don't want to even look at something ugly around my wrist.

Since the ship is headed to China you probably won't have to worry about any of this too much ....

I JUST CALLED RC YES, THE WRIST BANDS ARE OPTIONAL thank goodness!!

That may be true, but many of us know how knowledgeable RCCL Customer Service is. Call 10 times and get a bunch of different answers. :confused:

I would suspect that if there is indeed the option, the RFID chips will be in the cards anyway, and everyone's moves will be tracked and analyzed. But with that said, it would provide parents a way of keeping track of where their children are.

Edited by Piepkorn

What really bothers me is having to wear this ugly big blue thing on my wrist, I don't want to see that on myself each and every minute, this is my issue its not the tracking really because honestly, for children I think its a great idea but for adults to me its childish wearing this plastic contraction around my wrist, I want the sea pass. :)

What really bothers me is having to wear this ugly big blue thing on my wrist, I don't want to see that on myself each and every minute, this is my issue its not the tracking really because honestly, for children I think its a great idea but for adults to me its childish wearing this plastic contraction around my wrist, I want the sea pass. :)

The wristband is

OPTIONAL

I seem to remember the same type of arguments when everyone (hotels, etc) went to key cards instead of normal door keys.

PROGRESS BAD! ME NO LIKE TECHNOLOGY!

In a decade or two they'll change it again and everyone will be screaming about not having their RFID wristbands any longer.

True, its optional now but they testing it and it could be mandatory.

AlanFromFl so true, jt would make me feel like being in a hospital I wonder if it will also have our blood type on it ha

Door keys and key cards are alike at least you aren't forced to wear this thing around your wrist for 8 days and 7nights, I will avoid any ship that makes me wear this, there are other cruise lines out there.

Of course not. I want mine to be silver, gold, and/or platinum! That way we can all flaunt our status with just a flick of the wrist.

Door keys and key cards are alike at least you aren't forced to wear this thing around your wrist for 8 days and 7nights, I will avoid any ship that makes me wear this, there are other cruise lines out there.

Fair point, they are similar. Will you give up cruising entirely when they all go that route though?

Personally, I love vacation too much for a silly wristband to ruin it.