CC/SS Meet 'n Mingles

duct tape

Alas, concur duct tape--also think the cc/ss meet/mingle is ending this month. For months only one of the eight SS ships (Discoverer) shows meet/mingle 2015 sailings to sign up for. Sent another email (asking wassup?) to Jenn (about my sixth email in last two months) an hour ago. Back on Oct 28th, both Jenn and Laura (Mgr of CC) said that the program was continuing for 2015 but they just had to load the dates. If anyone else wants to send an Meet/Mingle email to Jenn, pls send an email to the address below:

Find out more and join your Silversea Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle:

Silversea Meet & Mingle

JennK email: help@cruisecritic.com

Community Support

fyi, just got an answer from Jenn @ cruise critic support, pls see below. She says program is still good for 2015, they just are slow, slow, slow in updating.

To: WesW

Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2014 2:45:27 PM

Subject: RE: meet & mingle Silversea?

Hi There!

The program is not slated to be finished with this year. I do apologize that it is taking quite a bit of time to have the 2015 dates added.

JennK

Need more help?

Visit our Community Help Center: http://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/contact.cfm

Cruise Critic Celebrates the Holidays!

** Five weeks of Holiday Contests! Week2: Share Your Holiday Recipes!! For details Click HERE

** Show your Holiday Spirit with a Holiday Avatar: Get yours HERE

** Read and Post in our 2014 Holiday Exchange Forum: Check it out HERE

Reported on an earlier M&M thread that friends returning from a recent SS cruise were informed that they will be discontinued wef 2015.Looks as if it may well be happening.

Edited by brimary
Spelling error

Slow?!! This is not on!! How long does it take to add the cruise date to the website?!! I think you Wes, are cruising before us - in February on Spirit? we are on the Wind in March Singapore to Muscat, and not are there no meet and mingles for this date, but neither are there any other cruisers! I cannot believe, despite the less than other cruise line take ups on Silversea, that we are the only two on this cruise. It would of course help if they loaded our dates on line!! If they are discontinuing M& M, why are there dates as far as February 2016? It is not acceptable that it has taken both Wes, and I, and goodness knows how many others, to chase CC to input details. Whoever's fault it is, someone should pull their finger out!! RANT OVER

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Kilt... Quite possibly.. I wore it on both our cruises on the Spirit this/last year, but they were in Europe, the outfit can be heavy ( eight yards of material in the kilt alone) and we have a couple of flights to get Stateside.

Hope the bars ar well stocked with single malts, lol see you their

Peter and Elspeth

Throast/Peter & Elspeth, Mary Ann enjoy your cruise.

Peter....Am extraordinarily frustrated with CC not updating the 2015 meet & Mingle sailings. Have been working with the CC point person for almost two months to update m/m 2015 sail dates. Alas, keep getting we're trying to load, sorry it is taking so long. Maybe they will load 2016 before they load 2015 :)

Kilt... Quite possibly.. I wore it on both our cruises on the Spirit this/last year, but they were in Europe, the outfit can be heavy ( eight yards of material in the kilt alone) and we have a couple of flights to get Stateside.

Hope the bars ar well stocked with single malts, lol see you their

Peter and Elspeth

Totally understood - but I do love to see a gentleman in a kilt! :)

2015 Sailings now loaded, please register for your meet & mingle.

Appreciate this update and the work by Wes and others to get this moving for the upcoming year. Just went on and did a sign-up for both of our Jan. 25 and Feb. 11 sailings on the Silver Cloud. Things worked fine, got e-mail confirmations back, etc. Working well!!! Just need to keep encouraging people to sign up.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 88,921 views for this posting.

Y'all are very welcome. Firmly believe the CC/SS meet & mingle are a win-win-win--for SS, CC and us. These gatherings on board the first part of our voyage allows those of us with a passion for cruising on SS to meet face to face vs digitally--which lead to new enduring friendships. We have developed lasting on board friendships (Wellseasoned, bsrkent, Dusababy, Dos Jubalitos, Emtsbam, RachelG, Dougburns, bettywh, greygypsey, spinnaker2, Cashipman, EnglishUSA, SilverSprectre, Ging66 through meet & mingles. These friendships endure as we have broke bread with Wellseasoned, Dougburns on land and have invited those fellow SS/CCrs who live in/near the ports we are visiting (Dos Jubalitos, Ging66) to have lunch with us on board (we will see Ging66/Jennifer in Sydney this February on board the Spirit). Hope CC does not take another two months to fix the Whisper meet & mingle link.

Edited by WesW