If I've sailed on Carnival, am I considered a 'past guest' on HAL?

GE Mom

We've sailed several times on Carnival and Princess. I wondered if we qualify as past guests on HAL?

Sort of. You'll have one star mariner status (good for attending the Mariner embarkation lunch, and any Mariner prices when booking - if there are any), but no sailing days in your total count.

Sort of. You'll have one star mariner status (good for attending the Mariner embarkation lunch, and any Mariner prices when booking - if there are any), but no sailing days in your total count.

Is that true for any Carnival Corp. line?

Yes, you will be a Mariner on HAL. Mariner Society is past HAL cruisers.

Days you earned on any other Carnival Family of ships count only on that cruise line but you would be eligible for any Mariner discount and will be invited to Mariners Brunch. You are able to go to Embarkation Lunch if you wish.

Any days you accumulate on HAL, will count only on HAL.

Is that true for any Carnival Corp. line?

Days you earned on any other Carnival Family of ships count only on that cruise line but you would be eligible for any Mariner discount and will be invited to Mariners Brunch. You are able to go to Embarkation Lunch if you wish.

This applies to Cunard, Carnival, Costa, Seabourn, Holland America and Princess and likely others.

cruising with P&O still gives you past cruiser credits with Princess. For example i am cruising with Princess for the first time but will have Elite status in their Captains Circle because i have over 150 days cruising with P&O. This is some sort of historical thing because P&O used to own Princess :confused:

Yes, as Dave says, the only Carnival owned ships to allow credits from days sailed is the old P&O Princess line, which still share such things as ships and crew. Unfortunately it used to be that P&O only allowed half the Princess points, ie we only received 7 points for a fortnight cruise on Sea Princess, but Princess appears to accept P&O points in full.

Thanks!

What about those who've sailed on Holland America who might want to try Princess? Do past sailings on HAL count towards any kind of status on Princess?

Princess offers little to past guests. No loss if they do not call you a 'repeater'.

Your HAL days would not count anyway. They only accumulate on HAL.

Princess offers little to past guests. No loss if they do not call you a 'repeater'.

Your HAL days would not count anyway. They only accumulate on HAL.

So there's no reciprocity whatsoever, even when HAL gives past Princess customers one-star status?

So there's no reciprocity whatsoever, even when HAL gives past Princess customers one-star status?

While HAL gives past Princess cruisers one star status, it's only for participating in the Mariner lunch on embarkation day (which you'll miss if you board later), and any Mariner rates for cruise (which I'll point out are sometimes more than regular rates - don't ask me why).

You won't carry over any Princess sailing days.

You're really just getting your one star status one cruise early, as that's what you're going to have once you complete the first cruise anyway.

Not really a big deal.

Edited by Shmoo here

Sail7seas,

Can you tell me where you found this information about getting mariner status for sailing in the past with Celebrity ? My TA would like to use it to call HAL about this. She did not have luck went she called HAL the first time and with this information she would call again.

Thanks

Sail7seas,

Can you tell me where you found this information about getting mariner status for sailing in the past with Celebrity ? My TA would like to use it to call HAL about this. She did not have luck went she called HAL the first time and with this information she would call again.

Thanks

Celebrity is not part of the Carnival Family of Ships.

Though we sailed Celebrity about 5 or 6 cruises years ago, I don't know

anything about their Captain's Club if that is what it is still called.

HAL and Celebrity are competitors are not connected in any way.

Your TA could/should have done a quick google. ;) She needs to earn her commission. :D

http://www.hollandamerica.com/marinerSociety/Main.action#

Click on FAQ on the left side of the page menu.

Look at FAQ #2 on that page:

2. How do I join the program? Do I need to register?

No registration is required. All Mariners (past guests of Holland America Line) are enrolled automatically and will receive benefits starting with their second cruise. Guests who have sailed aboard a "World's Leading Cruise Lines" ship (Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Seabourn or Costa Cruises) are also automatically enrolled in the program as a Star Mariner after they make their first booking with Holland America Line.

Edited by sail7seas