Booking a limo or taxi from hotel to port--questions

KKB

OK, we arrive LATE the night before our cruise so I know we will get the latest times on the shuttles.

The shuttles were $10 per person last time & there are 7 of us.

I am thinking it would be better to book a limo so we can get there when we want to & it won't cost any more than that.

Or can I call a cab company & book a set time for them to pick me up & be sure that they do (I have heard multiple stories of people booking cabs that never show up...)

Any experience with these things would be helpful.

Thanks!

What port are we talking? Hotel?

Taxi is still usually the cheapest way, in most locations.

Yes, I agree taxi is usually cheapest, if you can get one.

So far I have a quote for $275!:eek:for a hummer limo (due to all the luggage).

I have a request in for another company.

Haven't called taxi service yet.

Still haven't told us what airport or hotel.

I am assuming FLL. Never had any problem getting a taxi there. Just walk out of baggage claim. Given the size of your group, two taxis, to a local hotel will cost tops $50, probably less.

Edited by CruiserBruce

From the signature (3/15 Celebrity Constellation) it sounds like FLL/PE, but we still do not know the hotel.

There are cabs at FLL as long as there are passengers - they follow the money! ;) No way would I bother with a Hummer limo for a 10-15 minute trip -- 2 taxis for probably less than you would tip the limo driver on a $275 fare.

From the signature (3/15 Celebrity Constellation) it sounds like FLL/PE, but we still do not know the hotel.

It must be a really big secret. ;)

John, that is what I suspected as well, and based on that I made my comments. But as not everyone has the settings to see signatures, it is not available for everyone to help out.

Head spinning here since we embark Saturday!

We are at the Hyatt on 17th in FLL sailing out of Port Everglades. Hyatt has an $8 shuttle, and we cannot book in until we check in (around 12:30-1AM Friday night) Having cruised so much, I realize that will get us one of the later shuttles (I'm one of those who wants to be onboard as soon as I am able)

There are 7 of us, so for $56 I thought maybe I could get a limo for that super short trip. Naw... $139 for the 2nd quote.

My folks get in early Friday & are at the Embassy Suites next door--gonna try to see if we can book over there. We shall see.

Worst case--we will get there later!

I have stayed at Hyatt 3 times and never had a problem getting a cab in front of the hotel. As they drop off passengers getting off the ship they will pick up and take you to the port.

You can also ask the front desk to call a cab for you. They can tell them you need an SUV type.

How many people in your group? There's NO WAY I would pay for a limo for that trip. There's taxi's everywhere in that area of town. They follow the money and the crowds of people. You may have to split your group up and take more than one taxi but I see no reason why you can't do that instead of a Limo. I really don't think you'll have a problem grabbing more than one taxi to get you guys there luggage and all :)

Head spinning here since we embark Saturday!

We are at the Hyatt on 17th in FLL sailing out of Port Everglades. Hyatt has an $8 shuttle, and we cannot book in until we check in (around 12:30-1AM Friday night) Having cruised so much, I realize that will get us one of the later shuttles (I'm one of those who wants to be onboard as soon as I am able)

There are 7 of us, so for $56 I thought maybe I could get a limo for that super short trip. Naw... $139 for the 2nd quote.

My folks get in early Friday & are at the Embassy Suites next door--gonna try to see if we can book over there. We shall see.

Worst case--we will get there later!

We used http://www.johnscarservice.com for 10 of us to go from the Doubletree Gallery One hotel to Port Everglades. The rate was $80. Might be less for 7 of you. Or just divide the group into 2 cabs.

Two cabs from FLL to Hyatt - about $15 per cab.

Two cabs from Hyatt to PE - about $10+ per cab.

Don't make this more complicated, expensive or difficult than it has to be. :cool:

I have contacted John's car service for a quote. We shall see...

We have stayed at both Embassy Suites & Hyatt Place a number of times, and have had issues getting cabs more than once.

Our son will be arriving at around 5:30PM & will be able to check in--and book the shuttle for us at that time, so more likely to get an earlier time.

On a cruise in January, 2015 we had 9 people and 18 pieces of luggage. I set up a private shuttle from Port Everglades to FLL with Super Shuttle. The price was a fixed $68.00 plus tip.