cruise nails

COuld split it up.

Nice 'formal' fingers and fun, nautical toes.

Yeah, I've been considering that too. Maybe that's my best bet. Next question, should I try to match my swimwear and casual clothes since I will spend the most of my time in those? I found a neat Mani with pink, white and black polish and an anchor that would look good with most of my stuff but awful with my red dress.

Are you going to take pictures onboard? If so plan for those.

Could change up the colors in what you found. I do it all the time in my crocheting.

Red, white and black instead of pink white and black.

Edited by SadieN

Are you going to take pictures onboard? If so plan for those.

Could change up the colors in what you found. I do it all the time in my crocheting.

Red, white and black instead of pink white and black.

Yes, we always get pictures taken. Both of my formal dresses are black though. I'm wearing the red dress to the steakhouse and don't plan to get any pics in it but you never know. I'm a sucker for a pretty background. I'm also taking a white turquoise and purple dress, 2 black and white dresses and one with different shades of blue.

The colors is why I was asking which to match. I am taking 3 swimsuits I will wear a lot. One is pink and black, one is solid blue (azure) and the third has a solid blue top with a black, azure and turquoise bottom. I don't know how good they would look with red and black.

I know I can't match everything I'm wearing...not sure which colors would be best overall. :confused:

I think the pink, white, and black would go with the red dress. Pink is just red with white added to it. At least that's MHO.:D

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a wonderful cruise!:D

I try to go with a color that will "go" with anything...after all, they are nails...not jewelry! My summer colors are some sort of pink..bright and beachy....that will go with just about anything, and because your skin is sort of "pink", it's a normal, human color! I will bring that color for touch-ups, if needed. I don't want to have to remove polish and repaint! A touch up will do!

I try to go with a color that will "go" with anything...after all, they are nails...not jewelry! My summer colors are some sort of pink..bright and beachy....that will go with just about anything, and because your skin is sort of "pink", it's a normal, human color! I will bring that color for touch-ups, if needed. I don't want to have to remove polish and repaint! A touch up will do!

This!

If it was shoes I'd say get silver.

Yeah, I've been considering that too. Maybe that's my best bet. Next question, should I try to match my swimwear and casual clothes since I will spend the most of my time in those? I found a neat Mani with pink, white and black polish and an anchor that would look good with most of my stuff but awful with my red dress.

Ohh my goodness. I think you und the same one I was looking at!! My step dd showed it to me on some sight she found and I love it!!

Any one know if when you do gel can they still do all the fun pictures and stuff on the nails?? just letting my nails grow for the first time in AGES and they are super thin think 2 layers of plastic wrap and you have my nails:(

Got gels for the first time a few weeks ago and it helped a lot BUT because they are so soft they bend and the gel only lasted a week. but it was MUCH much better then just regular polish. I can't stand the tips and the acrylics.

Ohh my goodness. I think you und the same one I was looking at!! My step dd showed it to me on some sight she found and I love it!!

Any one know if when you do gel can they still do all the fun pictures and stuff on the nails?? just letting my nails grow for the first time in AGES and they are super thin think 2 layers of plastic wrap and you have my nails:(

Got gels for the first time a few weeks ago and it helped a lot BUT because they are so soft they bend and the gel only lasted a week. but it was MUCH much better then just regular polish. I can't stand the tips and the acrylics.

Yes, I get gel Mani's and they can do designs. It usually lasts 2-3 weeks on me but my nails are normal. They are really strong with the gel polish.

I had to go to my other favorite place to see what's 'pinning' on nails. Found some really cute cruise nails. A couple that I really liked are...

Those are so cute!!!

I've neglected my nails for a very long time - but am going Saturday to get silk wraps/no tips and a pedicure. I may see what she can do with some of those ideas.

The toes pretty much have to be crimson and I would have so much glee if she can do houndstooth on one.

neutral on my fingers maybe - wonder what would look good for Alaska...obviously I'm going to be on Pinterest tomorrow!!!

oh and if anyone has ideas about silk wraps please share. I've had horrible luck with acrylics and a good friend has recommended the silk.

I had to go to my other favorite place to see what's 'pinning' on nails. Found some really cute cruise nails. A couple that I really liked are...

That red, white and blue one is the one I have picked out. :D If I don't chicken out because it won't match everything. If I go with that, I will get a French or solid red Mani to go with it.

I've always had the same color on toes and fingers, but was wondering about splitting this time. Do a lot of women do that? I found OPI's Carnaval, which I love on my toes, but I'm not sure for my fingernails. Any suggestions?

I'm a bit of a polishaholic, and I like doing my own manicures. Since my cruises now are usually 14+ days, I take my manicure supplies, and usually 5-6 colors of polish. I change up the color on my fingers every 4-5 days or less if they start chipping. I like all colors and all types..shimmers, glitters, holos, duochromes, thermals..

My toes and fingers are always different. So Laurie, if you need a color change on the Legend, I'm your go-to girl...LOL

I started reading nail blogs, and got totally hooked. I definitely have more polishes than I will ever use, but it doesn't stop me from buying more when I see ones I like. I have plastic nail wheels and swatch every color I get.

For me, it's relaxing...

Edited by crzndeb

I've always had the same color on toes and fingers, but was wondering about splitting this time. Do a lot of women do that? I found OPI's Carnaval, which I love on my toes, but I'm not sure for my fingernails. Any suggestions?

I don't always wear the same color on my fingers and toes. I really can't wear the exact same color because I get gel polish on my fingers. I'm seriously leaning toward the red, white and blue toes for our cruise but I don't want that on my fingers because it wouldn't look good in my pictures with my formal dresses. Right now on my fingers I have hot pink with white dots and on one finger I have white polish with hot pink dots. My toes are solid pink. It's fun and I have received tons of compliments.

I love all the different colors that are available and will be bringing at least one color for a change on the cruise. I found a sparkly light purple color that I want for the wedding, so I'll be changing at the end of the cruise.

My fiancé and I were sitting out on the patio this afternoon when he suddenly said, I love the color on your toenails! I'm wearing OPI's Carnaval right now, so I guess that's my color for the cruise! LOL

That red, white and blue one is the one I have picked out. :D If I don't chicken out because it won't match everything. If I go with that, I will get a French or solid red Mani to go with it.

Go for it! The red white blue toes would look great with the French or solid red.

I had someone tell me that on a cruise you should do at least thing that isn't your norm....as long as it's legal!

Go for it! The red white blue toes would look great with the French or solid red.

I had someone tell me that on a cruise you should do at least thing that isn't your norm....as long as it's legal!

Love it!! :D I am going to go for it. I bought navy and white flip flops and a red necklace tonight so once I got home I started pulling clothes out of my closet to take that would match the pedi. How sad is it that I'm picking my (casual) clothes based on my pedi? lol I have a feeling my navy shorts with white stripes will get a lot of wear this cruise.

French or red fingers....decisions, decisions...:p

• 3 weeks later...