Breakaway disappearing June 27th to July 9th 2016?

Kortehgehn

I was just looking at booking dates for the week of July 4th 2016 but found no sailings on the Breakaway to Bermuda or anywhere for that week. Does anyone know why the Breakaway is not showing sail dates between June 26th and July 10th 2016? Is this a charter or scheduled refit perhaps?

I was just looking at booking dates for the week of July 4th 2016 but found no sailings on the Breakaway to Bermuda or anywhere for that week. Does anyone know why the Breakaway is not showing sail dates between June 26th and July 10th 2016? Is this a charter or scheduled refit perhaps?

June 26 and July 3, 2016 are not showing up for us as well.

Wonder what's up. We were on July 6th of this year.

Thanks for the post.

Anyone?

P.S. Thank You in advance for any info.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

• 1 month later...

Breakaway has a 9 night Caribbean/Bermuda sailing on Friday 7/1/16, but a hole in her schedule for the Monday- Thursday prior. I only noticed ths because we are looking at the 9 night sailing. Could it be a short charter? A short dry dock? I will keep digging.

There is a 5 day gap. Called my PCC and of course he mentioned charters or dry dock. But doesn't make sense for that high end summer week.

Even cruise timetables.com shows the gap.

Breakaway hasn't done that eastern Caribbean/Bermuda 9 day trip before. If we weren't already booked for first week of November I would have considered that.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. A dry dock for a ship only just two years old?

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

Is that when it's being used as a hotel for the summer Olympics? Or was that Getaway? I don't even know when Olympics are, so forget I even replied. LOL

Looks like Getaway will be a hotel during the Summer Olympics in Rio De Janeiro. Games run from August 5th to August 21st. Right now on NCL website Getaway does not show up for the month of August 2016.

http://www.olympic.org/rio-2016-summer-olympics

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I know I'm digging up an old post but I can't seem to find a more current one.

According to this news article the Breakaway will be in Halifax, NS on June 29, 2016. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/cruise-ship-season-2016-1.3463940

http://cruisehalifax.ca/our-visitors/cruise-schedule/ shows the Breakaway in port from 8 am until 5 pm.

I came across the article and was curious what itinerary it was as I hadn't heard of the Breakaway being in Halifax before. I couldn't find any info about that sailing other than this thread. I think with a 5 day there would be NY, sea day, Halifax, sea day, NY so no other ports of call.

• 2 months later...
I know I'm digging up an old post but I can't seem to find a more current one.

According to this news article the Breakaway will be in Halifax, NS on June 29, 2016. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/cruise-ship-season-2016-1.3463940

http://cruisehalifax.ca/our-visitors/cruise-schedule/ shows the Breakaway in port from 8 am until 5 pm.

I came across the article and was curious what itinerary it was as I hadn't heard of the Breakaway being in Halifax before. I couldn't find any info about that sailing other than this thread. I think with a 5 day there would be NY, sea day, Halifax, sea day, NY so no other ports of call.

We are sailing on Celebrity Summit June 26. I also checked out what was in Bermuda while we are there. No Breakaway.

Hmmm, seems like Breakaway is doing a mystery cruise to Nova Scotia that week. Fine by me.:D

We are sailing on Celebrity Summit June 26. I also checked out what was in Bermuda while we are there. No Breakaway.

Hmmm, seems like Breakaway is doing a mystery cruise to Nova Scotia that week. Fine by me.:D

The Breakaway is chartered during that week...

Edited by SuiteRose

I am on this chartered cruise. It's the company my husband works for. We are boarding Sunday the 26th but don't sail away until Monday and only go to Halifax for a day and then back to NY and disembark on Friday morning.

What are you talking about high summer time? July 4th is one of the slowest booking weeks of the year it is the perfect time to do maintenance. They are probably adding the new Internet system.