08:00 Arrival at Ft. Lauderdale. Is a 10:45 FLL Flight Doable?

danatsea

Hi there, I see very old posts about how much time it takes to disembark and catch a plane at FLL. Carnival suggests 11:30 flights at the earliest, but many have said with self disembarkation they can be at the gate much earlier. Is a 10:45 flight typically easy to do for a 8:00 arrival? :confused: Thanks.

Hi there, I see very old posts about how much time it takes to disembark and catch a plane at FLL. Carnival suggests 11:30 flights at the earliest, but many have said with self disembarkation they can be at the gate much earlier. Is a 10:45 flight typically easy to do for a 8:00 arrival? :confused: Thanks.

Many can make an early flight...but some don't when circumstances are beyond their control..know what options are available if you don't. Chances are you'll be fine...best of luck.

Doable? :confused: Yes

Probable? :confused: Maybe

Guaranteed? :confused: No way

For a 10:45 flight you need to be at FLL by 9:15, and earlier is better if you've seen the chaos of TSA lines some days. At FLL by 9:15 means clear of customs/immigration with your bags (better be able to carry everything!) and in a taxi before 9:00

What is your tolerance for risk and what will it cost you if you miss your flight? :confused: Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused:

I would book a flight at noon or later. Do you feel lucky? :confused:

Chances are good but chances are also good you could miss this flight.

FLL is a complete zoo and all the construction doesn't help things.

I wouldn't do it.

If you don't mind not sleeping the night before due to all the stress you will have of worrying whether or not you will make this flight, then you could book this one.

No way would we book this! On our last cruise out of FLL, we did self disembark. They had delays, like usual at Customs and it was 9:15 before we got in the taxi. We were in line at 7:30 to get off.

Last time I got off the ship a couple weeks ago (Caribbean Princess), they had 2 customs agents processing the people that were doing walkoffs. I'd say it took about a half hour, 45 minutes to get through the customs line. I've also been on sailings where it was far worse than that. Precheck would probably help if you qualify and the airline you're flying has it at FLL. Personally though, I tend to feel 11:30 is about as early as I'm willing to book at FLL, and even then recognize there's a chance I might have to make alternate arrangements.

One thing to keep in mind, these days airlines are flying full. You're not necessarily going to have a lot of luck in getting them to put you on a later flight, especially without paying extra.

The answer is simply no one can guarantee you will make the flight. Maybe you do. Maybe you don't.

It's like flying in the day of the cruise. Might be OK. Might not.

If you do not like to deal with pressure don't consider it because there is risk. If it was me, I would not do it.

Book a later flight.

Keith

I made an 11am flight back in October 2008 when I didn't know any better. I would never do that again. We were lucky in that we made it but everything worked in our favor and it didn't leave much wiggle room. If we were delayed for any reason we would not have made it.

I wouldn't do it again and I wouldn't try an earlier flight.

Just my 2 cents. :)

We've made a 10:30 flight in FLL before, but I wouldn't recommend it, especially since your docking time is 8:00--ours was earlier. You'd definitely better plan on walking off at the earliest time they will let you and carrying your own luggage.

If there are no problems with arrival time, immigration, etc., it is probably doable, but any little hitch will put you in jeopardy of missing your flight.

I all depends on how much of a gambler you are, or can afford to be. Would having to wait till the next day, or later for a different flight (if you miss this one) be a disaster for your job? Or will paying the difference between what you paid and a last minute ticket crush your budget? Will you be comfortable with this uncertainty hanging over your head at the end of your vacation? ....I would never do it. I'm just no gambler. Good luck.

If you were getting off of either the Oasis or Allure you would have an outside chance of making it. But since Oasis and Allure always pull into port around 6:15am I know with an 8:00am arrival you are not on either of those two ships. With an 8:00am arrival at any terminal other than Terminal 18 I doubt you would make that flight time.