Have you met "Friends at Sea"?

I've met so many lifelong friends onboard whom I communicate with often from all over the world. Some I've even traveled to their country just to visit them.

Do you just communicate with the friends you've met onboard just during cruise time?

We met a lovely couple 6 years ago, it was their first cruise and they got chatting to us at the pre-cruise hotel, we met up with them every night for a drink, everybody enjoyed themselves and we still email, text and phone each other every month...we have done a further 4 cruises with them, and love them to bits

wendy

x

In this days of social media is easier than ever to keep in touch. And yes we met a family from Spain and we have been to their country to visit, they came to USA and paid us a visit, and we have cruise together again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Honestly, my best and longest time friends are cruisers. There are some who communicate ever so often and if we meet on a cruise its good, there are some who we text and email regularly and then there are some like our friends from Phoenix we met on Mariner who even moved to a small town near here last year....what can I say, they just love us! We see them a couple times a month now. No, really she was a wandering Texan who wanted to come back anyway...but its sometimes uncanny what happens with cruise buds.

Two of the folks we met on our roll call here 10 years ago, we now take a cruise with sometimes 2 a year!

Wonderful people cruisers;p:hearteyes:

Yes, we have. We are going to Canada to visit a friend we made on our transatlantic cruise last year later this summer. She visited us in the UK during her two month UK stay last summer. We are also in touch with three people we met on our first cruise on Facebook.

I've made many friends here that I have cruised with in roll calls, part of the reasons I am such a proponent of the roll calls. I love when they pop in on some of my trip reports and say hello. I went back on Freedom in 2015 after 8 years and a couple of former cruise mates popped up and said, "Hey that is where we met". I've cruised with some people multiple times and look forward to cruising with them again.

Its barely related, but the social media comment reminded me, we had planned a road trip/cruise out of Port Canaveral last year. Right after booking it, a lady popped up on Facebook inquiry about my family line. Turned out an Uncle remarried after I moved away and I had a cousin I didn't know existed. Coincidentally she lived in Savannah, so we stopped for dinner on our way to our cruise. At 57 years old I never thought I'd meet a new cousin. I may have turned her onto Disney cruising, even though I've never done one.

I've met so many lifelong friends onboard whom I communicate with often from all over the world. Some I've even traveled to their country just to visit them.

Do you just communicate with the friends you've met onboard just during cruise time?

Have met some wonderful folks through the years cruising. Have kept in touch and sailed with many of our new friends since.:D

20 yrs later I still keep in very close contact with my table mate I met the very 1st nt at dinner of my very 1st cruise. We text, email and talk every day now for 20 yrs. In fact, I married him 6 months after meeting him on that cruise! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

20 yrs later I still keep in very close contact with my table mate I met the very 1st nt at dinner of my very 1st cruise. We text, email and talk every day now for 20 yrs. In fact, I married him 6 months after meeting him on that cruise! [emoji2]

What a great story!

DH and I met a couple on our first cruise that we kept in touch with for a number of years. As time passed, we stopped communicating. Now I wonder how they are doing. . .

We met lots of friends and cruise with some of them on a couple cruises every year. We also meet up quite often with some of them outside of cruising. Cruise friends are the best......we all have so much in common!

Gwen [emoji3]

We have made a lot of friends, some closer than others like my Travel Agents, while cruising. It's to the point, and I know I'm not alone, that we consult as to when we are cruising next because we like each others company.

Hi, this is Lauren, Portland, Oregon. I read your Friends At Sea stories and all I can say is awwwwww. Made me smile big time. I sooo wish and hope that could be my future story too. I'm now doing my 1st solo cruise and it's a b2b (Oct 29 - 11-12). Have gotten so tired of trying to work out schedules with friends or my kids for cruises just cause then I end up having to either just not being able to go at all, or for less days than I'd like, or even worse, go with someone who is "a negative Nellie cruiser" and ruins something that I truly adore. Finally decided I'd put my big girl panties on and go solo!!! I have always met wonderful, interesting people from all over the world. It would make me over the moon happy to gain lifelong "cruiser" friendships"as I move towards retirement. Every time I walk the gangplank, I become a kid again, enthralled that I get to be part of the wonderful world of cruising

We have met some great people on all our cruises. Still keep in contact with several on facebook. Back several years ago on the Explorer my husband got ill and left the cruise in Labadee. Our tablemates were from the midwest and they kept me going until the cruise was over. They made sure I ate and did not sit in the cabin for days. We email every so often and we will finally get to see them again in November. We are sailing with them again. We also made friends with a couple from Canada and we have seen them a few times since here in the states and in Canada. Looking forward to their visit in September. There is nothing like good friends to share common interests.

I have enjoyed reading everyone stories and wish that everyone can make some lasting memories and friends.

Yep we do! We've met lifelong friends across the world who we still communicate with. We've actually visited them as well! That it one of our favorite parts of cruising!

Let me guess, friends from New Zealand? They're the friendliest!

Actually we haven't met any from NZ! Our friends are from England and Ireland! I'd love to meet some from NZ though, that's a place I've always wanted to visit!

Great place, I wish I could live there!

I call many of the people I've met onboard cruises my friends. Not only that, we've become such good friends with many of them that we even schedule our vacations so that we can cruise together again.

Love this!